Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? (2883 Views)

Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by asscend: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
Yes they can! As long as Politics does not come into this team they will do well at any level Take govt hands off football and you will see Nigeria flourish in international football. This team has done well because there was no political interferance on choosing the team. The coach was left to do his job. Nigerian Govt stop running our football and provide infastructures only.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
Since they are older than 17,i think its better if they are integrated into the supereagle,,now that they stil have the zeal
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by AmaG2(m): 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2009
HOW IN THIS EARTH CAN THEY REPLACE THE SUPER EAGLES, DO YOU THINK IT IS SOME CHILD PLAY OR WHAT? Yes we know that they are a good side but you dont expect this team to play with people like drogba, lampard, fabregas and the rest they can not do that so i think we give them more time to mature before they go and play for the so called SUPER EAGLES,
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by abhosts(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
Many People simply do not get it. Those guys appear to be performing well because they are playing against kids. So because players are performing well on the lowest stage of football, they should be moved up to the highest stage? (What logic). Most of them are in their late 20s and early 30s. In reality they do not have much time left in their careers. At least 80% of them will vanish into oblivion in about 3 years time.

I find it absolutely pathetic that Nigerians continue to cheer these shameless age cheats. I really feel very sorry for the real under 17s that laboured so hard for this tournament, only to be beaten by folk old enough to be their uncles.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by blackmann(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
abhosts:

Many People simply do not get it. Those guys appear to be performing well because they are playing against kids. So because players are performing well on the lowest stage of football, they should be moved up to the highest stage? (What logic). Most of them are in their late 20s and early 30s. In reality they do not have much time left in their careers. At least 80% of them will vanish into oblivion in about 3 years time.

I find it absolutely pathetic that Nigerians continue to cheer these shameless age cheats. I really feel very sorry for the real under 17s that laboured so hard for this tournament, only to be beaten by folk old enough to be their uncles.

U spoke my mind.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
ajadudu:

asking them to replace the super eagles is just asking for kama

they will finally feel the frustration they have visited on other teams in the u17. they will finally see what it is to play a team of much older and experienced players and understand why it was so easy slicing a defense of 15 year olds.

abhosts:

The Both of you just hit the nail on the head.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by 9ja4eva: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
I no get why people dey talk of Age.Na age abi na soccer una dey watch?
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by noblegas2(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
hmmm, but dey have to do sometin always, wich is win at all times cuz if dey dont,,
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by saintfrank(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
Those boy’s are pretty good in soccer be them under 17 or above…, when it come to soccer age doesn’t determined, is just ur ability to think of what you need to do before d ball get to your leg, When it come to soccer we should learn how to appreciate those boz’s … Most guy’s in this room have not kick football for d past 15 years if u think is easy just try to play street football with kid’s u we no there is no age in football
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
The Olden Eaglets might be skillfull but they are not ripe enough yet for the super eagles.
There has to be a gradual tansition to the flying eagles, the u23 then the super eagles.
In this process, the needed experience would have been acquired.
There's no doubt that a few of them might end up straight in the eagles in the next 2-3years.
Stanley Okoro for example.His left foot would come in handy for the eagles sooner than later.]since the exit of Amuneke
Our Coaches have been "reluctant" to fill that natural left attacking gap in the eagles
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by 2tait: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
I feel sad about all these so much talk about our super eagles being overaged. sad angry

FIFA has set a standard applicable to all the players for u-17 world cup. The standard is called  MRI test or scan. The rule clearly states that any one who passes that MRI scan is qualified. The Golden Eaglets playing at the moment have passed the tests. Those among them who failed were booted out of the team.

We should not set a different rule for Nigerian players. Otherwise there would be no standard. A standard is applicable to all. We should not use MRI scan for other countries of the world, and when it comes to Nigeria's case, our people are doing analysis, bringing photographs that we can't ascertain when they were taken, and asking one's father and descendants to come and swear an oath to confirm the age of the players. It doesn't work that way. The players passed the test. They are qualified. PERIOD.  Nigerians have suffered a lot. They can't just believe that something good will come out of Naija.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by infohenry(m): 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
Football is all about experience this guys has more experience when it comes to competitve football against their opponents cos many of them are playing in the domestic league already which gave them edge over this boys who just starting football, we should not even start asking them to replace our senior national team unless we should forget everything about football for now and allow this boys to mature in the next 4-6yrs if the are really U17 before we will start to expect result and glories in football again.For now the cannot replace super eagles.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by AyubaAbu: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
Hello,

I think with there performance they can replace them, but not yet, because there experience never reach to play for super eagles, u see why I say like that Okoro's his selfishness is too much he like to they pass

Thanks

from Ayuba Abu
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by tayoast(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
Football is no mathematics. They 'll neva make it!!
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by MUZBO(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
If thats the case then my son should replace Yar'adua as president.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by tayoast(m): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ayuba Abu:

Hello,

I think with there performance they can replace them, but not yet, because there experience never reach to play for super eagles, u see why I say like that Okoro's his selfishness is too much he like to they pass

Thanks

from Ayuba Abu

Wat a courteous post. U'll soon get used 2 da system. U'r welcom
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by naso2(m): 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2009
Yes they should replace them[b] afterall THEY ARE ABOUT SAME AGE WITH SE PLAYERS[/b]
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by nazzyon(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
They cannot replace the Super Eagles because they are not good enough.

Replacement for the Under 20 may work if the NFF organise more friendlies for the guys. That way those that are up to par will be shortlisted.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by supereagle(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
They are real [size=30pt]under 17[/size], Fifa carried out their MRI Test and no failure among them. We shud move them to [size=30pt]U 20[/size] before Super Eagles.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by kayality: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2009
supereagle:

They are real [size=30pt]under 17[/size], Fifa carried out their MRI Test and no failure among them. We shud move them to [size=30pt]U 20[/size] before Super Eagles.

SUPPORT THE MOTION
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by vicade(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
By the time this Under 17 are supposed to make the Under 23 team for the 2012 Olympics. Most of them would have retired from football due to old age.

MRI stuff is a scam. Stanley Okoro and Fortune chukwudi cannot be Under 17. Sani Emmanuel might get away with it but not these two.

In otherword some of these eaglets are older than some players in the Super eagles if not age mates. And by the time they come through the rankings of Under 20 to super eagles. they will be too old .
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by Ijam03(m): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
I think u guys are 4gettn sumtin only i seem 2 remember which is experience. Experience matters alot cos with what these guys are doing, they seem to be good 4 their level. Have u guys imagined what'll be the faith of these guys when they meet the likes of spain,england,brazil or portugal at the senior level? It'll be a complete white wash.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by yoji: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2009
wanna know wat a real 17yr old looks like? go to a secondary school and imagine ur eaglets amongst them? or just ask ur mum to show u one.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by kshow1(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2009
Those UNCLES are performing well because they are playing against kids i.e MEN against BOYS.
If they are upgraded to the super eagles and they are to play against the likes of Spain, Brazil , England etc it will be a game of (St. Finbarrs college Akoka Vs University of Lagos Akoka.) grin grin
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by kshow1(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2009
supereagle:

Am disappointed in you, was that how old you look like at the age of 16 ? and if u are not up to that pls go to a secondary school and check out how a 16 year old kid lokks like
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by dinggle: 12:07am On Nov 14, 2009
Certainly, YES!, You and I knw those guys are not U-17, they should replace the Super chickens because they are in their hungry stage! once they start signing big contracts they will be useless to the nation.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by asha80(m): 12:22am On Nov 14, 2009
Have you guys ever wonderd why the most energetic player in the super eagles team at the moment is a player with foriegn Birth certificate Osaze Odewingie(28) ?
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by kaydee(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2009
Most of those guys are older than Kanu.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by anonimi: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2009
Yes they should without wasting any time as they are already old enough.
Soem don get pikin wey nearly fit play U-17 also grin
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by centrica: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2009
I totally agree with you if only NFF can integrate them immediately along with the under 23 beijing boys, they will form the real super eagles not the present super chicken we have.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by KakiP(m): 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2009
What da!! they can,coz they are as old as dem so no difference.OKORO S.
Re: Should The U-17 Boys Replace The Super Eagles? by german007(m): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2009
Osaze is the bomb,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today's Safest Betting Tips With 99% Accuracy / Breaking!- Liverpool Star Sadio Mane Involved In An Auto Crash In His Home Town / Premiership Remnants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.