Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Take On Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Take On Tithing (2709 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2016
Good morning all,
Here is my take on tithing the Holy Spirit will let us know when we violate the inward law. Tithing, circumcision, ceremonial washing, Saturday worship, holy days, dietary laws, Temple worship, stoning, all are part of the Old Testament law. Do them all or NONE AT ALL. Gal 5:1-3

5 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by dingbang(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2016
Some people just fail to grasp the message... what is the greatest commandment?
Re: My Take On Tithing by menxer: 10:45am On Dec 10, 2016
You harsh oooo.
You wan spoil market abi?
Kontinu
Re: My Take On Tithing by EyeHateGod: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2016
So basically holy spirit is Your common Sense?
Re: My Take On Tithing by menxer: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2016
dingbang:
Some people just fail to grasp the message... what is the greatest commandment?

It depends where you stand, if on the pulpit it is Mal 3:10, if in the congregation it's Matthew 22: 37–39.
grin

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by Topgainer: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2016
tessywithsexy:
Good morning all,
Here is my take on tithing the Holy Spirit will let us know when we violate the inward law. Tithing, circumcision, ceremonial washing, Saturday worship, holy days, dietary laws, Temple worship, stoning, all are part of the Old Testament law. Do them all or NONE AT ALL. Gal 5:1-3
No Madam
All the old testament laws on money we (Pastors) shall modify to suit present day economics. The most important commandments we give our followers is thou shall pay your tithes and first fruit( all of January salary) to avoid curses of the law. It is good for the Jews and we Gentiles shall adopt them laws
The second equally important commandment is thou shall enter into covenant of sowing seeds so that you will become rich.
If they don't obey these commandments, how are we going to fuel our private jets, build estates and universities?

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by An2elect2(f): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
tessywithsexy:
Good morning all,
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Let us hear what the New Testament says about being under the Old Testament Law:

Matthew 11:13 law prophesied till John,
Luke 16:16 law and prophets until John then gospel of the kingdom,
Matthew 22:37 Love God with all your heart with all your soul etc-love your neighbor-these two ARE the whole law and prophets,
John 1:17 law through Moses Grace and truth through Jesus,
John 7:23 circumcision a must to keep the law,
Acts 13:39 not justified by law,
Acts 15:5-20 observe law? Saved through faith,
Acts 18:13 these men want us to worship contrary to the law,
Acts 21:21 you teach to forsake Moses,
Romans 3:19 want the law says it says to those who are under the law, Romans 3:21 apart from the law is righteousness manifested,
Romans 3:27 the law of faith,
Romans 3:28 saved by faith apart from the law,
Romans 4:1-16 faith not law,
Romans 6:14 we are not under the law but under Grace,
Romans 7:4 we are dead to the law,
Romans 7:6 we are released from the law,
Romans 8:3-4 the law is fulfilled,
Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law,
Romans 13:8, 10 love fulfills the law,
1st Corinthians 9:20 not being under the law,
Galatians 2:16 we are not justified by the law,
Galatians 2:21 if righteousness is through the law Christ died in vain, Galatians 3:2 does the spirit comes by the law or faith,
Galatians 3:5 are miracles by law?,
Galatians 3:10 if you're under the law your under a curse,
Galatians 3:11 were not justified by law,
Galatians 3:13 we are redeemed from a curse,
Galatians 3:17-29 not by law but by faith we are linked to Abraham's blessings,
Galatians 5:3-4 we are severed from Christ if we keep the law,
Galatians 5:14 law fulfilled by love,
Galatians 5:18 we are led by the spirit thus not under the law,
Galatians 6:2 law of Christ,
Philippines 3:9 we are made right by faith not by law,
1st Timothy 1:9 law is not for righteous,
Hebrew 7:12 priesthood has changed and is necessary to change the law,
Hebrew 7:28 after the law comes the son,
Hebrew 8:6 we're under a better covenant,
Hebrew's 8:7 after the first; there is the second,
Hebrew's 8:13 the 1st has become obsolete and is ready to disappear,
Hebrews 9-10 describes the first being the law and the second being faith

Practical benefits to the church are that if every Christian tithed the church would have all the money needed to carry out the great commission. At least human reason would indicate so. Is it possible that 10 %, instead of being an answer to the church's money needs, could become a limit for many? How many times has a 10 % law cut off giving? If you're told to follow an outside law then you tend not to hear the inward witness. How many people could give 20, 30, 40 % of their income but religion has made it hard for them to hear that. "Hearing of faith" (Gal.3:2) 2 Corinthians 13:5 "test yourself to see if you're in faith."

Did tithing become part of the new covenant?

If so God decided to hide it from Paul and the other New Testament writer's. No matter how hard you try, you have to use Old Testament covenant to teach it. Some say tithing was before the law, part of the law and in force now also. Where is the New Testament Scripture for this? Circumcision was before the law (Genesis 17:24), part of the law, but is it in effect now? Some of the New Testament apostles tried to maintain it (Acts 15:5-11; Galatians 2:11) but Paul would have none of it. Hebrews talks about Abraham giving a tithe to Melchizedek but the same passage says there was a change in the law Hebrews 7:12. Hebrews 8:13 and 9:1 talks about the "first covenant with regulations (tithing is a regulation of the law) made obsolete (tithing was made obsolete)." Hebrews 10:9 "takes away first (tithing was part of the first) to establish second (tithing is not part of the second)" Hebrews 10:16 "writes law on heart and mind (God never wrote tithing on my heart or mind)"

The Melchizedek argument

Some have said that Melchizedek was Christ. So if Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe then Jesus should receive tithes today. This is an interesting theory with no scriptural basis. The problem with this premise is that Jesus was not a man back then thus not Melchizedek and Jesus' ministry as a high priest, after the order of Melchizedek, is a heavenly one not an earthly one.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
tessywithsexy:
Good morning all,

I don't buy your logic . There's principles in the law and old testaments that are still applicable in the new because they are kingdom principles. That's why you can't do away with fasting ,praying,worship ,offerings and tithing. Alms giving and honour for father and mother. The things that are longer aplicable are things that Christ fulfilled
Re: My Take On Tithing by Ranchhoddas: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
Joagbaje:

I don't buy your logic . There's principles in the law and old testaments that are still applicable in the new because they are kingdom principles. That's why you can't do away with fasting ,praying,worship ,offerings and tithing. Alms giving and honour for father and mother. The things that are longer aplicable are things that Christ fulfilled
How did you arrive at this?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
Joagbaje:

please tell me with Bible reference the one that is applicable and not applicable , please note that fasting praying and worship offering are all in the new testament. But note that we are not expected to obey the ceremonial laws of fasting, praying, worship, circumcision, offerings and tithing to be saved as u stated, see Gal 5:1-5, please is you u that choose the one that is applicable and not applicable, or may ur pastor. Maybe ur Bishop. Please let me know what form the basis of the choosing the old testament applicable law. and ur pastor choose tithe and left circumcision of the flesh, or even stoning of those caught in fornication or adultery

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
tessywithsexy:
please tell me with Bible reference the one that is applicable and not applicable , please note that fasting praying and worship offering are all in the new testament. But note that we are not expected to obey the ceremonial laws of fasting, praying, worship, circumcision, offerings and tithing to be saved as u stated,

Where did i say that pls? That we are obeying the law to be saved .
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How did you arrive at this?

Christ is the fulfilment
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
tessywithsexy:
please tell me with Bible reference the one that is applicable and not applicable , please note that fasting praying and worship offering are all in the new testament. But note that we are not expected to obey the ceremonial laws of fasting, praying, worship, circumcision, offerings and tithing to be saved as u stated, see Gal 5:1-5, please is you u that choose the one that is applicable and not applicable, or may ur pastor. Maybe ur Bishop. Please let me know what form the basis of the choosing the old testament applicable law. and ur pastor choose tithe and left circumcision of the flesh, or even stoning of those caught in fornication or adultery

Theres no fulfilment for tithes . Besides .it's a principle which existed before the law

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by rexben(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
tessywithsexy:
Let us hear what the New Testament says about being under the Old Testament Law:

Matthew 11:13 law prophesied till John,
Luke 16:16 law and prophets until John then gospel of the kingdom,
Matthew 22:37 Love God with all your heart with all your soul etc-love your neighbor-these two ARE the whole law and prophets,
John 1:17 law through Moses Grace and truth through Jesus,
John 7:23 circumcision a must to keep the law,
Acts 13:39 not justified by law,
Acts 15:5-20 observe law? Saved through faith,
Acts 18:13 these men want us to worship contrary to the law,
Acts 21:21 you teach to forsake Moses,
Romans 3:19 want the law says it says to those who are under the law, Romans 3:21 apart from the law is righteousness manifested,
Romans 3:27 the law of faith,
Romans 3:28 saved by faith apart from the law,
Romans 4:1-16 faith not law,
Romans 6:14 we are not under the law but under Grace,
Romans 7:4 we are dead to the law,
Romans 7:6 we are released from the law,
Romans 8:3-4 the law is fulfilled,
Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law,
Romans 13:8, 10 love fulfills the law,
1st Corinthians 9:20 not being under the law,
Galatians 2:16 we are not justified by the law,
Galatians 2:21 if righteousness is through the law Christ died in vain, Galatians 3:2 does the spirit comes by the law or faith,
Galatians 3:5 are miracles by law?,
Galatians 3:10 if you're under the law your under a curse,
Galatians 3:11 were not justified by law,
Galatians 3:13 we are redeemed from a curse,
Galatians 3:17-29 not by law but by faith we are linked to Abraham's blessings,
Galatians 5:3-4 we are severed from Christ if we keep the law,
Galatians 5:14 law fulfilled by love,
Galatians 5:18 we are led by the spirit thus not under the law,
Galatians 6:2 law of Christ,
Philippines 3:9 we are made right by faith not by law,
1st Timothy 1:9 law is not for righteous,
Hebrew 7:12 priesthood has changed and is necessary to change the law,
Hebrew 7:28 after the law comes the son,
Hebrew 8:6 we're under a better covenant,
Hebrew's 8:7 after the first; there is the second,
Hebrew's 8:13 the 1st has become obsolete and is ready to disappear,
Hebrews 9-10 describes the first being the law and the second being faith

Practical benefits to the church are that if every Christian tithed the church would have all the money needed to carry out the great commission. At least human reason would indicate so. Is it possible that 10 %, instead of being an answer to the church's money needs, could become a limit for many? How many times has a 10 % law cut off giving? If you're told to follow an outside law then you tend not to hear the inward witness. How many people could give 20, 30, 40 % of their income but religion has made it hard for them to hear that. "Hearing of faith" (Gal.3:2) 2 Corinthians 13:5 "test yourself to see if you're in faith."

Did tithing become part of the new covenant?

If so God decided to hide it from Paul and the other New Testament writer's. No matter how hard you try, you have to use Old Testament covenant to teach it. Some say tithing was before the law, part of the law and in force now also. Where is the New Testament Scripture for this? Circumcision was before the law (Genesis 17:24), part of the law, but is it in effect now? Some of the New Testament apostles tried to maintain it (Acts 15:5-11; Galatians 2:11) but Paul would have none of it. Hebrews talks about Abraham giving a tithe to Melchizedek but the same passage says there was a change in the law Hebrews 7:12. Hebrews 8:13 and 9:1 talks about the "first covenant with regulations (tithing is a regulation of the law) made obsolete (tithing was made obsolete)." Hebrews 10:9 "takes away first (tithing was part of the first) to establish second (tithing is not part of the second)" Hebrews 10:16 "writes law on heart and mind (God never wrote tithing on my heart or mind)"

The Melchizedek argument

Some have said that Melchizedek was Christ. So if Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe then Jesus should receive tithes today. This is an interesting theory with no scriptural basis. The problem with this premise is that Jesus was not a man back then thus not Melchizedek and Jesus' ministry as a high priest, after the order of Melchizedek, is a heavenly one not an earthly one.
You'll be making a grievous error by comparing Jesus with Melchizedek. TITHE is a system to exploit people in a "godly" way

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
Joagbaje:

Where did i say that pls? That we are obeying the law to be saved .
you just said that when you we still have to obey the law of tithing ,to get the blessings from God, then what about the law of circumcision, and Sabbath
Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Joagbaje:

Theres no fulfilment for tithes . Besides .it's a principle which existed before the law
note if tithe existed before the law, also note that circumcision existed before the law too. So why don't we still practice that law today, why is only tithing

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2016
tessywithsexy:
note if tithe existed before the law, also note that circumcision existed before the law too. So why don't we still practice that law today,

It was a shadow , and Christ has fulfilled that part in us . We are circumcised now by faith .

why is only tithing

Not only tithing , we give offerings also. Do you believe in giving offering to God.
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2016
tessywithsexy:
you just said that when you we still have to obey the law of tithing ,to get the blessings from God, then what about the law of circumcision, and Sabbath

I didn't say so. I would have appreciated if you quote me verbatim. Or just paste my quote without paraphrasing
Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
Joagbaje:

It was a shadow , and Christ has fulfilled that part in us . We are circumcised now by faith .

Not only tithing , we give offerings also. Do you believe in giving offering to God.
OK so the death of Christ did not fulfill the law of tithing, is that what you mean. Please tithing is a law. And thus to obey that law u must obey all the law, KJV Gal 3:10 :For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
tessywithsexy:
OK so the death of Christ did not fulfill the law of tithing, is that what you mean. Please tithing is a law. And thus to obey that law u must obey all the law, KJV Gal 3:10 :For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

So will you dishonour your parents because we are u der grace

Ok what explanation can you give to the scripture below.

Ephesians 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Joagbaje:

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

so if when you honour your father and mother, and yet don't pay tithe, and yet you bear false witnes,, you covert your neighbor's property, you don',, t keep the Sabbath day. So just because you obey the law of obeying ur parents and yet u disobey in the other law will not make get the blessings .not it either you obey all the laws or u obey none of the laws. Obeying your parents ordinary is instinctive package that comes with be born again the spirit of God will just direct you on how to live your life, not some commandments

Re: My Take On Tithing by An2elect2(f): 2:15am On Dec 13, 2016
author=tessywithsexy post=51874083]
You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
tessywithsexy:

so if when you honour your father and mother, and yet don't pay tithe, and yet you bear false witnes,, you covert your neighbor's property, you don',, t keep the Sabbath day. So just because you obey the law of obeying ur parents and yet u disobey in the other law will not make get the blessings .not it either you obey all the laws or u obey none of the laws. Obeying your parents ordinary is instinctive package that comes with be born again the spirit of God will just direct you on how to live your life, not some commandments

You didn't answer the question.
Re: My Take On Tithing by Topgainer: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Joagbaje:

Clever but still does not justify making Tithe a law for Christians. For the records, it was introduced in late 19th century by the American Pentecostal movements many of whom died suddenly leaving behind the Estates they have so covetously acquired. Some of them it was latter revealed were given to licentious living and drunks

We have dealt with this issue before now but I know it will be difficult for Pastors who think it will reduce the income to brace up with the truth about Tithe and laws.
Surprisingly, some Churches that do not emphasize or legalize tithes have their needs met by members as it arises, people give willingly as much as 100% of their pay. Whereas, the prophets whose barns are filled with millions and billions in tithe harvest keep demanding for seeds, partnership, gifts, project support like a grave that is never satiated with dead bodies. Have you heard some of them preaching? It is a whole package of arrogance.

All laws were nullified the only law for a Christian is the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus not laws and burdens created by pastors. Jer 31:31-34 gave a forecast of the times and the possibility of the Spirit of God teaching and directing individuals on the things to do.
Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Honour of father and mother comes natural as the spirit of life enables one and directs, giving to the work of God comes natural as one is led to give, it is not bound by any law that says it must be 10% in fact, the early church practiced communal system. People gave 100% which was shared among all including the donor. No mention of the Apostles carrying over a command of 10% from the Jewish custom. The choice of giving 10% is personal choice and never a law for Christians. And it should not be called Tithe. Tithe as practiced by the Jews of then involved a lot more including a 7th year of Jubilee in which no tithe is taken by the Levites. Pastor if you are honest with yourself like I am with myself, you should know that we are not Levites. As a matter of fact all believers are Priests and Kings unto God, no separate stool for anyone to be King while others are slaves. It is simply a meeting of Brothers and Sisters.
Except you have a quotation that escaped my search.
The Apostles only modified 4 customs for the Gentiles which you are, everyother thing is left for discretion and the Spirits leading. QED.
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:04am On Dec 15, 2016
Topgainer:

Clever but still does not justify making Tithe a law for Christians.

There's no law for Christians

Honour of father and mother comes natural as the spirit of life enables one and directs,

Same goes for tithes and offerings ,first fruits etc. They were all born by revelation . It's not because the law say so but because they are spiritual principles discovered by revelations .

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Topgainer:

Clever but still does not justify making Tithe a law for Christians. For the records, it was introduced in late 19th century by the American Pentecostal movements many of whom died suddenly leaving behind the Estates they have so covetously acquired. Some of them it was latter revealed were given to licentious living and drunks

We have dealt with this issue before now but I know it will be difficult for Pastors who think it will reduce the income to brace up with the truth about Tithe and laws.
Surprisingly, some Churches that do not emphasize or legalize tithes have their needs met by members as it arises, people give willingly as much as 100% of their pay. Whereas, the prophets whose barns are filled with millions and billions in tithe harvest keep demanding for seeds, partnership, gifts, project support like a grave that is never satiated with dead bodies. Have you heard some of them preaching? It is a whole package of arrogance.

All laws were nullified the only law for a Christian is the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus not laws and burdens created by pastors. Jer 31:31-34 gave a forecast of the times and the possibility of the Spirit of God teaching and directing individuals on the things to do.
Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Honour of father and mother comes natural as the spirit of life enables one and directs, giving to the work of God comes natural as one is led to give, it is not bound by any law that says it must be 10% in fact, the early church practiced communal system. People gave 100% which was shared among all including the donor. No mention of the Apostles carrying over a command of 10% from the Jewish custom. The choice of giving 10% is personal choice and never a law for Christians. And it should not be called Tithe. Tithe as practiced by the Jews of then involved a lot more including a 7th year of Jubilee in which no tithe is taken by the Levites. Pastor if you are honest with yourself like I am with myself, you should know that we are not Levites. As a matter of fact all believers are Priests and Kings unto God, no separate stool for anyone to be King while others are slaves. It is simply a meeting of Brothers and Sisters.
Except you have a quotation that escaped my search.
The Apostles only modified 4 customs for the Gentiles which you are, everyother thing is left for discretion and the Spirits leading. QED.

thank you so much. I was blessed by that
Re: My Take On Tithing by tessywithsexy: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=Joagbaje post=51940925]

There's no law for Christians

Same goes for tithes and offerings ,first fruits etc. They were all born by revelation . It's not because the law say so but because they are spiritual principles discovered by revelations .[/quoteSame goes for tithes and offerings ,first fruits etc. They were all born by revelation . It's not because the law say so but because they are spiritual principles discovered by revelations , SO IF U SAID IS THAT IT NOT BECAUSE THE LAW SAY SO, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR PASTOR READ THIS PART OF THE SCRIPTURE malachi 3:9KJV:Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation, DO U CLOSE YOUR EARS OR LEAVE THE CHURCH, OR ACCEPT THE CURSE INTO YOUR LIFE. BUT ALSO REMEMBER, Galatians 3:13KJV:Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: Please I need your response to this
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
tessywithsexy:
SO IF U SAID IS THAT IT NOT BECAUSE THE LAW SAY SO, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR PASTOR READ THIS PART OF THE SCRIPTURE malachi 3:9KJV:Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation, DO U CLOSE YOUR EARS OR LEAVE THE CHURCH, OR ACCEPT THE CURSE INTO YOUR LIFE. BUT ALSO REMEMBER.

I'm a tither

Galatians 3:13KJV:Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: Please I need your response to this

You need to respond to my questions first.
Re: My Take On Tithing by simplex2: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
Joagbaje:

I'm a tither

You conveniently skipped to mention to her that you are a pastor with Christ embassy. This simple revelation would have ended this long argument b'cos she would have long realized you live on people's tithe and that you will never see reason to stop.

Your christ never collected tithe, he was your high priest, greater than Melchizedek. Do you people read Hebrews at all? Do you preach that chapter to your congregation at all?
Re: My Take On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:09am On Dec 16, 2016
simplex2:

You conveniently skipped to mention to her that you are a pastor with Christ embassy. This simple revelation would have ended this long argument b'cos she would have long realized you live on people's tithe and that you will never see reason to stop.

You're wrong . I went to school ,I have my business . I'm nigeria first drone pilot . And an artist . I make money I pay my tithe , I live by my giving . So don't bring that manipulation here. Focus on the Bible to defend your stand and if you're out of option kindly exit

Your christ never collected tithe, he was your high priest, greater than Melchizedek. Do you people read Hebrews at all? Do you preach that chapter to your congregation at all?

And What does Hebrew say .?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tithing by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
tessywithsexy:
Tithing, circumcision, ceremonial washing, Saturday worship, holy days, dietary laws, Temple worship, stoning, all are part of the Old Testament law. Do them all or NONE AT ALL. Gal 5:1-3
That's the correct position from a biblical point of view.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The Occult Make Me Rich? I Want To Get Rich Overnight / MFM Church Arrests, Detains SaharaReporters' Publisher Sowore & Crew In Nigeria / Be Refreshed At Apostolic Faith Church Sunday School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.