Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy (25390 Views)

CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / Unpatriotic Persons Pushing For Forex Policy Reversal—cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by gratiaeo(m): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2016
Another "we will" useless government
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by afroditte(f): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2016
LWKMD!!!! Zombies see your lives!

I remember how zombies supported and defended this policy like their lives depended on it!

This was the first policy that started the country on the route to the recession we are in now.

Buhari needs to resign since like yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Skseries: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2016
afroditte:

I remember how zombies supported and defended this policy like their lives depended on it!

This was the first policy that started the country on the route to the recession we are in now.

did u even read it at all, cus if u did then u will know the titile is different from its content, from ur tiny mind now the gov is unbanning the previously banned 41 item right? Yeye u

2 Likes

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Miles300: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:
BUHARI SACK EMEFIELE AND WATCH YOUR FORTUNES CHANGE
Buhari should resign nd watch the nation fortune change !
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2016
afroditte:

Glad you brought this up

They kept repeatedly blaming importation of toothpicks for all the woes buhari brought to office

1 Like

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Govt. Of dumbskulls with NO CLEARLY DEFINED BLUE PRINT!

The d.aft dullard should quit playing trial n error with precious lives, something he won't do to his immediate family!
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Fidelismaria: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2016
abeg summary pls cos me i no understand anytin up dere

too long
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by afroditte(f): 9:26am On Dec 11, 2016
Skseries:
did u even read it at all, cus if u did then u will know the titile is different from its content, from ur tiny mind now the gov is unbanning the previously banned 41 item right? Yeye u
zombie keep fooling yourself. It is clearly written here, if you don't understand English or you cannot read, then get an interpreter.

Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief THE Federal Government is set to abolish the policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, regarding the 41 items exempted from foreign exchange market in its newly released 2017 Fiscal Policy Roadmap The policy document prepared by the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, will, instead, come up with fiscal measures to reduce pressure in the parallel market.

According to the document, the FG “will replace administrative measures on list of 41-items with fiscal measures to reduce demand pressure in parallel market.”
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by yahmohy27: 9:28am On Dec 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:
BUHARI SACK EMEFIELE AND WATCH YOUR FORTUNES CHANGE
but is not easy like that,for what reason ?
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by yahmohy27: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2016
sammyj:
That CBN governor is just a business man who is fighting for the interest of his cronies. This government must sack that emefiele if they like themselves. sad #SackEmefiele
Sack? That is until they have something against him I think and Buhari can only suspend him
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 11, 2016
sayyid:
when you try a particular method and it's not working the next thing is to try another method.
We will get it right one day I am optimistic about that, it's only a matter of time

Hahahaha.
Its gonna be a cold day in hell before anything goes right in this shìť hole
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by elfico(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:
A disastrous combination is when u have an incompetent AFONJA-Kemi, heading an economy team with an unstable IPOD-Emefuele as d CB governor for a clueless and directionless kunnu-sipping SHEPHERD from Sahara desert BUBU rulling a zoo.
You are a true Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by MeAboki(m): 10:26am On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:
A disastrous combination is when u have an incompetent AFONJA-Kemi, heading an economy team with an unstable IPOD-Emefuele as d CB governor for a clueless and directionless kunnu-sipping SHEPHERD from Sahara desert BUBU rulling a zoo.

A very silly comment based on blind hatred not common sense.
Pls give specifics as to how you disagree or how you think these proposed economic measures are going to be disastrous or otherwise refrain from commenting on what you obviously do not understand.
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by sayyid(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2016
Babzilla:

Hahahaha.
Its gonna be a cold day in hell before anything goes right in this shìť hole
part of the real reason why Nigeria is getting worse everyday is that we her citizens have given up on her already.
but I believe that one day one day we shall be great again, I have that hope

1 Like

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by DonMekino(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2016
I bet u dat even presd Buhari doesn't understand wat forex and fiscal policies are really
ppl are just feeding him with their own personal idiosyncrasies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by fsb(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2016
There is a fundamental lack of logic in the way our currency market operates. The CBN sells forex to banks at 'x'; the banks then sell same forex to BDCs at a profit, lets say, 'x + y', where 'y' is profit. The BDCs then sell forex to consumers at 'x + 3y'. This defies logic and so long as status quo is maintained, people would continue making billions from round tripping, and corrupt politicians would continue receiving bribes with forex bought from the unregulated black market.

President GMB needs to address this problem. So long as there is an unregulated black market, Nigerians would keep buying forex at prices determined by BDC operators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:
Mogbe!! shocked shocked Nawa oh! Who come vex you this morning nah??

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2016
sayyid:

part of the real reason why Nigeria is getting worse everyday is that we her citizens have given up on her already.
but I believe that one day one day we shall be great again, I have that hope

You have every right to your beliefs buddy same as me.
Good luck hoping
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by sekem: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:

At least, recognized that you are a SHEEP.
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by hotspec(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2016
sekem:

At least, recognized that you are a SHEEP.

MeAboki:

A very silly comment based on blind hatred not common sense.
Pls give specifics as to how you disagree or how you think these proposed economic measures are going to be disastrous or otherwise refrain from commenting on what you obviously do not understand.

Your level of ZOMBIEism has gone into irreversible comatose. Anyway i sighted u when on ur way TREKKING for BUBU to exchange $1 for N480, and buy fuel for N140/ltr despite d global price crash! Radaaadaa!

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by idupaul: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2016
nastyesco:
We are tired of all these plenty grammar....we need efforts that will be felt by the simple man on the streets not all these Economics PhD Research mumbo jumbo..To simply state how unserious this Govt is
" It added that the government would revitalise refineries and INCREASE DIASPORA REMITANCES through participation in the buyer support scheme for the Family Homes Fund with a view to increasing the supply of US Dollars to the Nigerian market. "
Abeg which serious Govt plans to revitalise it's economy based on such rubbish highlighted in capital?

The problem with Buharis is that he always has his eyes on other people money from MTN to our bank accounts and now he wants to help diasporans spend their hard earned money too in a bogus scheme that would steal diasporan money and still not provide any home as usual....You would also note that this economic plan as usual doesn't contain any attempt to reduce overheads associated with opulent earnings of the political class

2 Likes

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by sammyj: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2016
Then let him suspend him cool
yahmohy27:
Sack? That is until they have something against him I think and Buhari can only suspend him
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by MeAboki(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:

Your level of ZOMBIEism has gone into irreversible comatose. Anyway i sighted u when on ur way TREKKING for BUBU to exchange $1 for N480, and buy fuel for N140/ltr despite d global price crash! Radaaadaa!

Typical IPOB youth flexing his shop boy mentality; lacking in substance and full of moronic hatred - what a joke!
BTW, is that you loitering outside you master's shop

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by adimsmt: 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
jonili:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/41-exempted-items-fg-dumps-cbns-forex-policy/

Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, And Talk. Clock is Ticking, Ticking, Ticking, Ticking, And Ticking.
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by tiwiex(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
sammyj:
That CBN governor is just a business man who is fighting for the interest of his cronies. This government must sack that emefiele if they like themselves. sad #SackEmefiele
The government might be doing business with Emefiele too na. So they like themselves too.
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by tiwiex(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
nastyesco:
We are tired of all these plenty grammar....we need efforts that will be felt by the simple man on the streets not all these Economics PhD Research mumbo jumbo..To simply state how unserious this Govt is
" It added that the government would revitalise refineries and INCREASE DIASPORA REMITANCES through participation in the buyer support scheme for the Family Homes Fund with a view to increasing the supply of US Dollars to the Nigerian market. "
Abeg which serious Govt plans to revitalise it's economy based on such rubbish highlighted in capital?

Very confusing indeed. Summary is that most of d dollar in circulation was money diaspora. Buhari did a lot of command and control tricks and people stopped sending money home. Y send money to Nigeria and I get official rate in Naira while CBN keeps dollar. We used to get 20 billion dollars and rising annually. What kami is saying is they want them to keep sending money but it is for a home scheme? Do they live here? The choice on what they plan to do here should be their business. The grammar sef plenty. Just trying to make sense of it all

2 Likes

Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by internetgangste: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
hotspec:

I'm sure you are good at nothing
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by internetgangste: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
jonili:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/41-exempted-items-fg-dumps-cbns-forex-policy/

We were trying to reduce importation but now we are trying to be self sufficient, improving infrastructures ad what have you. How do you actualize this when you are broke and they still keep remmiting your money.

I think you're going to became a businessman without a working capital.
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by sayyid(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Babzilla:

You have every right to your beliefs buddy same as me. Good luck hoping
lol we shall be great again
Re: 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
zaimeg:

That said, we need strong institutions and not strong men.

It takes strong men to build strong institutions.

No?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / Beautiful Photos Of Nana Otedola / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.