Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? (21718 Views)

Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by orisa37: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
I'm God's Rich and Wealthy Son of Understanding and Success. I have no business with ignorance and failure. Please mind your Language.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by alutapastor(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
Abeg which church you mr poster dey attend? Your church nor dey help her members? My church dey help the needy well well.
My pastor never get jet yet but if he need am God go provide am. Those when get jet need am 4 the work of God that is why God give them.
Na so people condemn Jesus when that woman break the alabaster box of ointment on him and na this same reason na him they give say there 4 use the money to take care of the poor. Jesus shut them up.

God says He supply all our needs according to his riches in glory.
The business of souls is the most important so if a jet is acquired 4 it when needed, nothing dey wrong.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by dbeloved12: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Toks2008:

This is not about controversy.

I stated that this is up for discussion and if only Seun,lalasticlaka or mynd44 will put this on the main page then we will see broader views.

Some people kept ranting about poverty mentality and I just smh in disbelieve.

You cited oyedepo and co as having their own biz but can you just look down their history and you won't agree less that the rode on the back of church donations to attain their present status.

It's no longer news that a quarter of winners chapel members can't afford the fee of covenant university?

How many church members have their children in that school?

I remember when I was serving some years back when I approached my pastor at one redeem branch to lend me 6k to pay back in a month which was very vital to avoid being sent out of my rented apartment but he said no money and I was sent out anyways and I just wonder if my tithing and offering was worth giving to the church but I just gave to obey God.

Today there are many people in the church who need money to start a biz, for treatment and so on but do these pastors really care?

Do you know how much it costs to maintain a jet?

This thread is about Nigerian pastors cos Nigeria is a peculiar country that has countless people suffering even in the church.

Exactly my point...

It's not even right, morally, for someone to display so much wealth in nation where almost 80% of its population are in abject poverty, not to talk of pastors..

Church av d responsibilty to provide for d most vulnerables. We all like to mouth emulating Jesus but can we?

Gone are d days when Christianity in Nigeria is about charity, about service to humanity n infact it's about putting ones life in line for others
If they are not set out to extort gullible Nigeria, why do they build school with with very exorbitant fees instead mechanized farm?...

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by orisa37: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
God's Names include Riches and Wealth; Honour and Glory; Majesty(Excellence) and Worship; Security, Safety and Success. Satan is poor and wretched. All Sons and Daughters of God are Rich, Wealthy and Powerful. By the way, do you want them to travel around to evangelize in Molues and Boole ka jas?

3 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by alutapastor(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
I will give some examples why some pastors need jet 4 the futherance of the gospel.
Before I continue make you accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour. Why you dey ask? Na him die to pay 4 our sin and God raised him back to life to justify us.
Bishop Oyedepo say he must return to canaanland before sunday service from any part of the world where he dey because God tell am so. Na only jet fit do the job because they dey invite am every day from all over the world. If

Psquare dey use jet 4 their work when nor get eternal benefit, what of pastors when their work get eternal benefits?

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by TrajansKong: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
orisa37:
God's Names include Riches and Wealth; Honour and Glory; Majesty(Excellence) and Worship; Security, Safety and Success. Satan is poor and wretched. All Sons and Daughters of God are Rich, Wealthy and Powerful. By the way, do you want them to travel around to evangelize in Molues and Boole ka jas?
Yes. Tell this fools. Hell is made for the poor and the sinners. Heaven is for the rich and the blessed. Jesus is the path to success.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by beezyblaze(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Lizzyfroshey:
Yes/no I'm confused self
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by teezy001: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Everyone of you condemning the usage of private jets in church ministries lack understanding. I also frowned at any clergy that use it for business, but I know some clergy men all due to the expansion of their ministries worldwide, it is this jets that take them all around the world including missionaries. I think the op is an atheist, the ministries with few branches in a nations doesn't need a jet, but when a ministry is embarking on foreign missions, personal jet is needed. If you have ever witnessed how our airliners use to frustrate the missioners, you will pity them. My last point is that a ministry must assist their members without the knowledge of mass media, and should never collect offering for the jets. Don't ever compare AD ministry to BC ministry. Most of the judges here belongs to ministries that have only ten branches nationwide, so they cannot never see a need for aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by dbeloved12: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
bezimo:

The works I do shall you do and greater than these shall ye do.Jesus speaking on they that believeth on him.
What does greater mean? It includes more than private jet.
If Jesus lived in our days, he would use the best, and most comfortable means of transportation. No doubt about that whether the hypocrites agree or not.

Jesus was able to command money out of a fish, so ow come HE lived a humble life if as u said 'he would use the best if Jesus lived in our days'

My dear u don't need to twist facts in order to make ur points.. Right from the time He was born to d end He live a selfless life. He live solely for humanity, He worked tirelessly to set us free from bondage.

Like I said, He had unreserved access to good things of life but He chose to be identify with the masses.

The only time He experience what look like comfort was when He decided to ride a DONKEY n that was when He was preparing to pay d supreme price for our salvation....

So ur ascertion is very wrong...
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
chuose2:

We all know that Buhari deceived us and we are all suffering now.

Adeboye on the other hand IS actively deceiving the poor NOW!

But the Lord will judge Adeboye and his lust for material things.

Did Jesus not say FEED MY SHEEP, Jesus never said FEED OFF MY SHEEP!

John 21:16
He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Adeboye is flying a jet at the expense of the poor, with his never ending promise of prosperity for them.

God is already revealing that Adeboye is a fraud to people, slowly but surely!

people are getting bless day by day through the men of God you are criticizing and their ministry is going far and wide and testimonies are happening through them and God is doing wonders in their life so stop criticizing and mind your biz and focus on how God will increase you and make you a blessing to your generation.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by pstjoga: 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Please, it pains me when I read things like this.
I want to believe that a "Christian" posted this and only "Christians" will comment negatively.
You return to church on Sunday pretending to be holy and you stay under a pastor, yet you can open ur mouth n speak against them. Do ugive offerings in church? If u r so poor to give say so n let the church enlist you for poverty alleviation scheme.
When u serve God correctly you get serviced byGod.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
chuose2:

We all know that Buhari deceived us and we are all suffering now.

Adeboye on the other hand IS actively deceiving the poor NOW!

But the Lord will judge Adeboye and his lust for material things.

Did Jesus not say FEED MY SHEEP, Jesus never said FEED OFF MY SHEEP!

John 21:16
He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Adeboye is flying a jet at the expense of the poor, with his never ending promise of prosperity for them.

God is already revealing that Adeboye is a fraud to people, slowly but surely!

people are getting bless day by day the men of God you are criticizing and their ministry is going far and wide through and testimonies are happening through them and God is doing wonders in their life so stop criticizing and mind your biz and focus on how God will increase you and make you a blessing to your generation.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by wayodude(m): 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point

Please kindly elaborate on what you mean by poverty mentality.

Are you implying that a pastor not having a private jet would be seen as poor and suffering? You well so? angry

Are you comparing pastors with politicians and musicians?

You speak of people typing junk on nairaland, please just read what you typed again, if there ever was junk on nairaland this is it!!

I don't do online dissing but I think you are either a pastor with private jet aspirations lol or just simply a not very smart fellow.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by wayodude(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
teezy001:
Everyone of you condemning the usage of private jets in church ministries lack understanding. I also frowned at any clergy that use it for business, but I know some clergy men all due to the expansion of their ministries worldwide, it is this jets that take them all around the world including missionaries. I think the op is an atheist, the ministries with few branches in a nations doesn't need a jet, but when a ministry is embarking on foreign missions, personal jet is needed. If you have ever witnessed how our airliners use to frustrate the missioners, you will pity them. My last point is that a ministry must assist their members without the knowledge of mass media, and should never collect offering for the jets. Don't ever compare AD ministry to BC ministry. Most of the judges here belongs to ministries that have only ten branches nationwide, so they cannot never see a need for aircraft.

Would it be fair to expect that the pastors you are backing travel less than the British Prime minister or foreign secretary? Do you know neither of them fly in private jets?
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by grodt999: 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
yes, if stupid Nigerians are willing to pay for it!

4 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by bezimo(m): 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
dbeloved12:

Jesus was able to command money out of a fish, so ow come HE lived a humble life if as u said 'he would use the best if Jesus lived in our days'

My dear u don't need to twist facts in order to make ur points.. Right from the time He was born to d end He live a selfless life. He live solely for humanity, He worked tirelessly to set us free from bondage.

Like I said, He had unreserved access to good things of life but He chose to be identify with the masses.

The only time He experience what look like comfort was when He decided to ride a DONKEY n that was when He was preparing to pay d supreme price for our salvation....

So ur ascertion is very wrong...

Who made you a judge on the men of God- Mat 7:1,
You are not even qualified to judge or give an opinion on me who is not a man of God or anyone else, talkless of men of God. Are you the one that sent the men of God to preach?

You are just a typical hypocrite who is filled with nothing but confusion, hate and envy, looking for faults were there are none, claiming to know better, yet as foolish as them who go into damnation.

It is written Jesus became "poor", so that we through his poverty we(The believers) might be rich- Do you know the meaning of that statement as stated in scriptures?
Even if Jesus was not really "poor" because Jesus went in the convoy of ships. He was in the bigger ship and there were smaller ships by Jesus big ship accompanying him on the sea.Find where the bible stated so, that's your next assignment, since you delight in advertising your saducistic ignorance.

When Jesus died, Roman soldiers were battling among themselves to get his cloth, The cloths were made of wool,If the clothes were not of high quality the soldiers wont bother fighting over it-Find were that is written

When Johns 2 disciples came to see where Jesus lived, they never went back to John, You know why Jesus accommodation was obviously better than johns own.

It is God that giveth the power to get wealth-Deut 8:18

So if its Gods will for his people to be rich, and the level of Gods blessings which can manifest in material acquisitions (Cars, Planes, Houses, and anything good) differ among believers depending on the quality of their covenant walk with God. Do I have a problem with that. Offcourse NO, if you have a problem with that. You can follow hypocritical Judas to where he ended.

While others are thinking of ways to better there lives and add value to humanity, some "certain" folks have made it their calling and ministry which they received from the enemy to ignorantly criticize and speak against the prosperity of church, the pastors, and the believers.
One cannot help but wonder how their "Hypocritical concern" is adding value to their lives. Offcourse we know those certain folks hardly give in church, yet feel like they have a right to air there nonsense opinion about the church, the believers who give and the men of God.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Adeolu4(m): 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
Later dey will say it is a gift from d church member

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Amhappy(f): 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Before you answer this question,ask yourself WHAT WILL JESUS DO? Christian means Christlike. Will Jesus buy private jet if He's here today? The answer is NO. Pastors DO NOT NEED private jets. Preaching the gospel has never been an emergency. It's abuse and waste of resources.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by chuose2: 12:20am On Dec 19, 2016
shedybaba44:
people are getting bless day by day through the men of God you are criticizing and their ministry is going far and wide and testimonies are happening through them and God is doing wonders in their life so stop criticizing and mind your biz and focus on how God will increase you and make you a blessing to your generation.

i beg which people?

the ones that rccg exploit?

i beggi, go siddon.

people dey shout say dem dey suffer.
Ein dey fly private jet, ein parishioners dey ride Okada sad

But God will judge Adeboye & co very soon, ein come don full. angry
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Polymat9(m): 1:30am On Dec 19, 2016
Not siding anybody, but just understood, that most of these Pastors do not depend on Church's Money. They have their own source of fortune(businez).
Toks2008:

See reasoning...*pukes*

Did you read that question at all?

Comparing pastoral calling to showbiz and politics as well as millionaires...how dumb.

Can you juxtapose how a musician makes his or her money to how the church makes its money?

Is your brain sound enough to understand that churches are not taxed cos they are regarded as non profit organizations?

Do you have the mental capacity to comprehend that church income is mostly from members in terms of various types of giving?

let me leave you to your stpdity.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by ronadeola(m): 3:57am On Dec 19, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point
*how does owning a private jet solve the numerous problems of this country?? On the other hand, God doesn't care with whether a so-called anoited man of God uses one if he has no money to feed the poor*
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2016
Well I am not judging anybody or Man of God but I want to correct some people's comment here. People are claiming that if you serve God then you are suppose to be wealthy and enjoy all riches of life. If that statement is true Africans should be the most wealthy people in the world but we all know that is not the case. These white people don't believe in religion anymore yet, they are living better. They don't have all these big men of god to preach the Bible to them, yet they are doing the right things and they are progressing.

Another problem I have with these so called pastors is that they are blind and never speak the truth to our politicians. If all these pastors we have in Africa speak the truth to these politicians I am sure Africa will not be like this.

My point is, Africans are just too gullible to believe everything these men of god teaches. It is too evident that most of them are for their selfish interest. There are so many churches out there yet wickedness all abound.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

Private jet does not bring any soul to God, Jesus Christ is the son of God born to a carpenter in a manger. Not that God can't afford the best at that time.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2016
emiflex:
Well I am not judging anybody or Man of God but I want to correct some people's comment here. People are claiming that if you serve God then you are suppose to be wealthy and enjoy all riches of life. If that statement is true Africans should be the most wealthy people in the world but we all know that is not the case. These white people don't believe in religion anymore yet, they are living better. They don't have all these big men of god to preach the Bible to them, yet they are doing the right things and they are progressing.

Another problem I have with these so called pastors is that they are blind and never speak the truth to our politicians. If all these pastors we have in Africa speak the truth to these politicians I am sure Africa will not be like this.

My point is, Africans are just too gullible to believe everything these men of god teaches. It is too evident that most of them are for their selfish interest. There are so many churches out there yet wickedness all abound.
Bro! Let's keep preaching hopefully one day my gullible people will wake up from sleep.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
chuose2:

i beg which people?

the ones that rccg exploit?

i beggi, go siddon.

people dey shout say dem dey suffer.
Ein dey fly private jet, ein parishioners dey ride Okada sad

But God will judge Adeboye & co very soon, ein come don full. angry
okay wait make God judge since you no be God lawyer,just mind your own palava
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by chuose2: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
shedybaba44:
okay wait make God judge since you no be God lawyer,just mind your own palava

I have the spirit of adoption as a son of God, hence I can speak on my fathers biz.

Adeboye is not for Jesus but his own pocket.

I thank God for Dr. Ijabla Raymond.

he opened my eyes to the eye in Adeboye.

Pity God had to use an unbeliever.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
chuose2:

I have the spirit of adoption as a son of God, hence I can speak on my fathers biz.

it is to you according to your faith, when David had the privilege to slay saul he said far be from me for me to slay God's anointed even thou he was already anointed as king.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
chuose2:

it is to you according to your faith, when David had the privilege to slay saul he said far be from me for me to slay God's anointed even thou he was already anointed as king.#i rest my case
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by chuose2: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
shedybaba44:
it is to you according to your faith, when David had the privilege to slay saul he said far be from me for me to slay God's anointed even thou he was already anointed as king.#i rest my case

No wonder, u no sabi bible!

God had already rejected saul!

1 Samuel 16:1
And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel!

Better wise up!

Adeboye is seeking his own,

2 Corinthians 12:14
for I seek not yours but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.

Wiseup bro wiseup, Adeboye is a fraud.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

such fool talk

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
chuose2:

No wonder, u no sabi bible!

God had already rejected saul!

1 Samuel 16:1
And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel!

Better wise up!

Adeboye is seeking his own,

2 Corinthians 12:14
for I seek not yours but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.

Wiseup bro wiseup, Adeboye is a fraud.
i rest my case is to you according to your own faith and believe.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by chuose2: 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
shedybaba44:
i rest my case is to you according to your own faith and believe.

Abi bible no clear?

bible clear say at that time, Saul was Rejected by God.

Bible say the parents lay up for rhe kids.

But the so called daddy is collecting from the children. angry

Adeboye is an outcast from heaven if he dies in this present state.

I mean how can a christian bless a jihadi to come to power?

An unbeliever has pointed out that Adeboyes so called prophecies are all fake!

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/15/pastor-adeboye-prophet-or-imposter-candid-look-his-2016-prophecies-ijabla-raymond

Adeboye na 419 man, period.
God go judge am very very soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian / Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.