Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Frameworks Dont Make Sense - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Frameworks Dont Make Sense (2979 Views)

Which Js Frameworks Is The Best To Learn / JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie / Top 10 Javascript Frameworks In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Frameworks Dont Make Sense by talk2hb1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Frameworks Dont Make Sense by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
dhtml18:
I am not condemning frameworks mind you, but everything has its tools. I just developed a website of recent - it is my biggest work so far (not financially but in terms of scope - like 100k+ users bombarding the website simultaenously, combining 2 servers to power the site plus mobile application API, third party APIs etc). I was going to use my framework but when i weighed the options properly, I eventually used drupal 7 CMS and it worked fine.
I figured that I could have done custom coding, but really, I did not have the time to do that.
Mmm? grin
Re: Frameworks Dont Make Sense by godofbrowser(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
I have coded RAW and with FRAMEWORKS, frameworks have way too many advantages compare to it's disadvantages.

Truth is - you only enjoy frameworks when you understand how it was built.

Instead of building my own framework, i'll rather pick one framework then tear it into pieces, hide it's traces (this is like building urs too as that's what most people who claim to have built a framework do), then build extensions/packages for it.

This way, i have saved time and i still maintain standard codes, proper directory structure and good naming conventions (so i don't start calling something "manager" instead of "controller"). Besides, there are frameworks that puts you in complete control, you only require certain dependencies when you need them. It also makes it easier to work as a team ( a fellow team member knows where to find routes and middlewares and need not ask too many questions).

Finally, the proper way to learn should be to learn the language, then pick a framework if need be.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help In Deciding / Free Premium Stock Images, Videos, Scripts, Envato Fonts Downloader / How To Land A Programming Job In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.