Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie (1477 Views)

Python Or Php Which One Should I Learn First / Node.js Or PHP ? / Jave Script Or PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Charmsruddy: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
I'm currently trying to push on to Backend after getting myself grounded in Frontend ( HTML, CSS/Bootstrap a bit of JS etc ) Now i want to push on to backend and i'm struggling to choose between PHP and JS Frameworks

I understand that both are popular now, but which of these two should i concentrate my energy on based on today's acceptability and tomorrows reality...
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by sparkle6(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
use node.js since u have basic knowledge of js. But php is quite easy so your choice dude.
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Charmsruddy: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
sparkle6:
use node.js since u have basic knowledge of js. But php is quite easy so your choice dude.

Thanks bro....
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by bassdow: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Charmsruddy:
I'm currently trying to push on to Backend after getting myself grounded in Frontend ( HTML, CSS/Bootstrap a bit of JS etc ) Now i want to push on to backend and i'm struggling to choose between PHP and JS Frameworks

I understand that both are popular now, but which of these two should i concentrate my energy on based on today's acceptability and tomorrows reality...

If you're a newbie, best you focus on learning and understanding the basics rather than jumping to learn a Framework.
When you lack the basics, you would find it difficult debugging or advancing in it.

I suggest you learn and understand the basics first, then learn any frameworks (for the sake of easy of use)
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2018
Charmsruddy:

node js is mad bro
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Charmsruddy: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
bassdow:

If you're a newbie, best you focus on learning and understanding the basics rather than jumping to learn a Framework.
When you lack the basics, you would find it difficult debugging or advancing in it.

I suggest you learn and understand the basics first, then learn any frameworks (for the sake of easy of use)

Good point bro, as per PHP which of the frameworks should i spend my energy on? and learning with a real live project, How advisable is that?
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 04, 2018
if you're going php, then learn laravel
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by bassdow: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
Charmsruddy:

Good point bro, as per PHP which of the frameworks should i spend my energy on? and learning with a real live project, How advisable is that?

I would say Symphony framework even though I won't be surprised to see or hear anyone saying Laravel.
Most people just goes with the flow (more like zombies) BUT I myself tend to prefer doing something because I feel it's right - not because others are doing it.

If you're experienced already, choosing or picking a Framework wouldn't be difficult for you because you would know what to look out for, and what you intends to achieve.

Once again, I suggest you learn the ropes (raw language) first then only pick a Framework to speed up your project delivery times.

If you don't know the language, then when issues arises you won't be of much help because you don't even know how things works in the first place.

It's like most plugin installers calling themselves programmers and developers. Al they know is download and install. When client requests for something extra, they scout looking for another plugin.
If they can't find it and can't convince or confuse the client to take it like that, they disappear.

But if they know the raw language (even if it's Just 30%), they could easily tweak that plugin and deliver the project.

NB: Not every client knows nothing. I have met clients who says they don't want their project done with a Framework and we agreed.

Intact we went ahead and told them reasons why we don't always use one and they remained with us.
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Charmsruddy: 5:12am On Oct 05, 2018
bassdow:

I would say Symphony framework even though I won't be surprised to see or hear anyone saying Laravel.
Most people just goes with the flow (more like zombies) BUT I myself tend to prefer doing something because I feel it's right - not because others are doing it.

If you're experienced already, choosing or picking a Framework wouldn't be difficult for you because you would know what to look out for, and what you intends to achieve.

Once again, I suggest you learn the ropes (raw language) first then only pick a Framework to speed up your project delivery times.

If you don't know the language, then when issues arises you won't be of much help because you don't even know how things works in the first place.

It's like most plugin installers calling themselves programmers and developers. Al they know is download and install. When client requests for something extra, they scout looking for another plugin.
If they can't find it and can't convince or confuse the client to take it like that, they disappear.

But if they know the raw language (even if it's Just 30%), they could easily tweak that plugin and deliver the project.

NB: Not every client knows nothing. I have met clients who says they don't want their project done with a Framework and we agreed.

Intact we went ahead and told them reasons why we don't always use one and they remained with us.

Hmmmmm.....you have given me a real load down...seriously a real load down.....Can one learn under YOU? like do you do training on this as well?
Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by mcqwerty(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2018
Charmsruddy:

Today's acceptability and tomorrows reality=>JS all the way. MEAN Stack to be precise. MongoDb, Express, Angular, Nodejs.
Add a bit of Core PHP to it. No need for php framework.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie by Charmsruddy: 4:58am On Oct 08, 2018
mcqwerty:

Today's acceptability and tomorrows reality=>JS all the way. MEAN Stack to be precise. MongoDb, Express, Angular, Nodejs.
Add a bit of Core PHP to it. No need for php framework.

Thank me later.

You're absolutely right.....THANKS

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Decipher This Error For Me? / Calculate Your Future Wealth With Python / Please, Help This Phone Number Keeps Calling My Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.