Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Life As We Know It - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life As We Know It (489 Views)

Emir Sanusi, Atiku Abubakar, Olusegun Obasanjo All Know It's Jubril In Aso Rock / You May Have This Illness And Not Know It Has No Cure / Life As A Student In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As We Know It by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
I couldn't find a place to spill this distorted logic beside here... forgive me!

"if life and logic does not fascinate you, just go the next thread)

LIFE:::sadcreate your own life...)

my mind was drifting into deep thoughts as usual...

and I caught few things...

everything we know as life was created by people who are living presently or had lived before us. we have judged our existence wrongly by the standards of other persons.

few months ago the common trend for ladies taking pictures was a "polio legged" pose and a "pig snout" lip, lol but presently its becoming history again. I talked to several ladies about the pose and lip and they said it was cool, meanwhile actually they did it because everyone else did it.

the idea of war I tell you must have originated from one man, one man must have devised means to that effect and over time it became an everyday practice.

exams were not there in the beginning. someone woke up one morning and created exams to be sure that people know what they are expected to know. the very existence of exams has created doubt in the human mind, it has created a possibility of forgetting. something that by nature is supposed to be alien to us humans. you might argue that we are created with flaws and examinations are necessary to test us but I disagree. let's examine a practical example, the herbalist passes down all the necessary information needed to cure illnesses down to his successor and even without examinations the younger never fails to impress. another example is the patent drug sellers who pass across the knowledge needed for diagnosis and prescription of drugs to their apprentices. even without an examination of some sort they never fail to carry out the correct or should I say the "presumed" correct diagnosis.
the conclusion is that there should never be such a thing as examination because it creates doubt and doubt create fear and fear create limitations. sometimes I want to believe we humans were created to be 100% efficient, just like God but even I cannot escape the doubt I have come to know.

every day I see the limitations in humanity because we follow things blindly without understanding them... today we pay taxes and I ask what is the logic in paying taxes? why should the government pay civil servants and still collect part of the money from them does it make any sense? imagine your father giving you 2000 monthly and then collecting 50 later in order to buy light bulb for your room daily, does it make any sense?
no it doesn't, originally it would have made sense because originally tax was invented to get money for the government from only the rich, only the rich. so taking from the independent rich was logical but today it has been extended to the poor and the dependent has become the taxed, how illogical but everybody accepts it because " it has been there"

back to our Nigerian lives, churches give refreshment to first timers every Sunday but what is the logic there? does a mature adult need an incentive to continue coming to church? left to me, its a waste of funds beneficial only to the unnamed who go to different churches weekly to save Sunday breakfast cash haha...

what is the essence of greeting? I'm not saying its wrong but so much has been attributed to it that even forgetting to greet someone who's older is perceived to be almost as the sin of murder.

have you asked yourself why you go to church on service days? if you've not, you've been wasting transport. stop following the crowd, understand why and see the difference.

have you ever wondered why we have so many churches but the people get little or no influence from the churches? I leave that for you to answer.

the best way to live is to create our own standards and principles from those we find around and from within. only then will we be able to judge ourselves correctly and progress towards happiness..
Re: Life As We Know It by DanPel(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Re: Life As We Know It by lastmessenger: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice thoughts i must say
Re: Life As We Know It by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
You've been smoking again?
Re: Life As We Know It by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tenison96:
You've been smoking again?
seriously this your line is becoming stale. I predicted it before I opened the thread. cheesy cheesy
Re: Life As We Know It by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Elliotwiz1:
seriously this your line is becoming stale. I predicted it before I opened the thread. cheesy cheesy

You didn't see that coming
Re: Life As We Know It by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 13, 2016
interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Study In Philippines. . / ASUU Members Are 419 – According To UNILORIN / Pic:2 Unilag Students Set New Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.