Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,662 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

A New Name-an Amazing Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A New Name-an Amazing Story (365 Views)

Gods New Name Is Corona Virus / The Amazing Story Of Rastus / Twitter User Share Amazing Story Of How His Grandpa Accept Christ,stop Idolatry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Name-an Amazing Story by SYLVESTER777: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Many years ago in the little town of Woodleigh, England, Annie Grey grew up knowing she would one day marry the boy who lived next door, William Coltart. And Coltart knew he would marry Annie. But Will decided he should develop some financial security before settling down with a family, so off he went to Australia.

When Annie did not hear from him for several years, she concluded that his love for her had faded, and she married a very rich merchant in town, Jonathon Tong. Soon after this, Coltart returned and was heartbroken to find his Annie wedded to another. Nevertheless, he settled down in his hometown and never married. After several years Jonathon Tong died, and Coltart felt that then he could propose to Annie. But when Jonathon’s will was read, it stated clearly that Annie was to be cut off without a penny if she married Coltart. Obviously, Annie’s deceased husband sensed there were feelings between his wife and Coltart, who he did not think much of.

But Jonathon Tong’s spiteful will proved useless. Unknown to the dead man, Coltart had legally changed his name to “John Temple” during the time that he lived in far-off Australia. The English court ultimately decided that Annie could marry “John Temple” and still keep her inheritance, despite her jealous husband’s attempt to disinherit her if she married her childhood sweetheart.

Did you know the Bible says we are offered a new name, a loving relationship, along with a fabulous inheritance? In Jesus’ message to the church in Pergamos, Christ promises, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone,
and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it” (Revelation 2:17). In the Bible, a new name represents a new character. So, what is your name?

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Genesis 32:28

(1) (Reply)

Can Faith Alone Take Me To Heaven?or Do I Need More? / no response / Accessing True Humility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.