Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

MMM Shockwave: What It Really Mean-(shutdown OR NOT) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Shockwave: What It Really Mean-(shutdown OR NOT) (766 Views)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / The True Story Behind Swiss Pharma Nigeria Ltd(swipha) Shutdown / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MMM Shockwave: What It Really Mean-(shutdown OR NOT) by inforesource: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2016
Just yesterday one of my IT students shocked me when she told me she has .5million Naira in MMM which she was supposed to catch out this Friday. When she told me this I had to advise her to make a withdrawal as quick as possible before she loses her money. Well, she actually took the advise and made attempt to withdraw her money that same day, unfortunately yesterday was a holiday.

It really beats my imagination when I see people risking high sum of cash in a system they don't have control of. I don't care the reward attached to such a system. But it is not always a wise financial decision. I had a very popular blog, which I was always attacking scam program owners including Mavrodi. They never liked me. If you want to know more about me and my blog you can contact me. I left blogging for my educational pursuit when I lost over 10,000USD due to Liberty Reserve shutdown May 24th, 2014. This date is always very fresh in my memory. But I thank God today I train a lot of Nigerians on Internet business. Some of my students who took my advice on MMM will not weep at all today or panic.

That is by the way. Let us look at the real meaning of the MMM temporary closure. Like I was explaining to many concerned MMM participants who care to know how the program works and how it will be shut down. I usually tell them that a big ponzi program such as MMM will never shut down suddenly, rather it will shut down gradually. The reason why big ponzi schemes apply this strategy is that the owner(s) always try as much as possible to avoid participants having heart attack which may lead to sudden dead, bearing in mind the huge sum committed through the platform. They are humans you know. So let us look at these 2 strategies:

1- Use Of "Under Maintenance MODE":
This one is very popular. The first thing big ponzi scheme will do when they are planning to shut down is to pretend as if they are working on their site, this causing them to temporarily halt their services. They may have done this initially and came up to build peoples' confidence and then the second one will be gone for ever. They may be communicating via Newsletter or responding to questions, but that will only last for a while leaving the participants to decide whether they were scammed or not.

2- Temporary Service Suspension:
This is the Strategy MMM is using. I am not sure if they have done this in Nigeria before. If this is their first time of halting their service, just pray hard they may be back by January. But if this strategy was applied earlier, then I can boldly say bye bye to MMM Nigeria.

Remember, if this is the end of MMM, MMM did not go with your money. They only went with your virtual receipt. You can always go after the one who supposed to render HELP if you have his/her contact. Though this may be a wild goose chase. But all the same, take heart and be hopeful.

I rest my case.
Re: MMM Shockwave: What It Really Mean-(shutdown OR NOT) by inforesource: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
inforesource:
Just yesterday one of my IT students shocked me when she told me she has .5million Naira in MMM which she was supposed to catch out this Friday. When she told me this I had to advise her to make a withdrawal as quick as possible before she loses her money. Well, she actually took the advise and made attempt to withdraw her money that same day, unfortunately yesterday was a holiday.

It really beats my imagination when I see people risking high sum of cash in a system they don't have control of. I don't care the reward attached to such a system. But it is not always a wise financial decision. I had a very popular blog, which I was always attacking scam program owners including Mavrodi. They never liked me. If you want to know more about me and my blog you can contact me. I left blogging for my educational pursuit when I lost over 10,000USD due to Liberty Reserve shutdown May 24th, 2014. This date is always very fresh in my memory. But I thank God today I train a lot of Nigerians on Internet business. Some of my students who took my advice on MMM will not weep at all today or panic.

That is by the way. Let us look at the real meaning of the MMM temporary closure. Like I was explaining to many concerned MMM participants who care to know how the program works and how it will be shut down. I usually tell them that a big ponzi program such as MMM will never shut down suddenly, rather it will shut down gradually. The reason why big ponzi schemes apply this strategy is that the owner(s) always try as much as possible to avoid participants having heart attack which may lead to sudden dead, bearing in mind the huge sum committed through the platform. They are humans you know. So let us look at these 2 strategies:

1- Use Of "Under Maintenance MODE":
This one is very popular. The first thing big ponzi scheme will do when they are planning to shut down is to pretend as if they are working on their site, this causing them to temporarily halt their services. They may have done this initially and came up to build peoples' confidence and then the second one will be gone for ever. They may be communicating via Newsletter or responding to questions, but that will only last for a while leaving the participants to decide whether they were scammed or not.

2- Temporary Service Suspension:
This is the Strategy MMM is using. I am not sure if they have done this in Nigeria before. If this is their first time of halting their service, just pray hard they may be back by January. But if this strategy was applied earlier, then I can boldly say bye bye to MMM Nigeria.

Remember, if this is the end of MMM, MMM did not go with your money. They only went with your virtual receipt. You can always go after the one who supposed to render HELP if you have his/her contact. Though this may be a wild goose chase. But all the same, take heart and be hopeful.

I rest my case.

Re: MMM Shockwave: What It Really Mean-(shutdown OR NOT) by inforesource: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=inforesource post=52838998][/quote]

Just to check on my bold letters. Hmmm! Be wise!

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 40ft Container To Buy~ Do You Have Any For Sale? Call Me Now / Lucrative Business (custard Production) / 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.