Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,794 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises (42418 Views)

Jumia Food To Shutdown In Nigeria From December 2023 / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Flashyoil1(f): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
The Management of Shoprite Mall in Owerri, the Imo State capital, has shut the Mall to forestall possible attack by aggrieved Nigerians in repraisal to the killing of Nigerians in South Africa.

Armed Policemen have also cordoned off the premises to forestall possible breakdown of law and order.

Also heavily police were in the state capital were MTN, DSTV and GoTV offices, as well as other businesses with South African interests.

When out our Correspondent visited the Shoprite Mall, stern looking Policemen barricaded the entry gate and turned back all vehicles.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, a Superintendent of Police, said that the Police took the deployed officers to businesses with South African interests to prevent breakdown of law and order in the state.

He said that the condoning off was the offshoot of the protest by Nigerians following the xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/shoprite-shutdown-owerri-police-takeover-premises/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by donstan18: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Denikayan: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
It will be taken over in the night.

All this are just decoration.

The bushmeat and the hunter will be friends at night.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by EsquireDD(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is getting serious..

In other news.. Be your own boss, register your business and company with us at affordable rates.
We bring you efficiency at its peak.

Register your associations, clubs, churches, mosques and NGOs. Also, file your annual return and other post incorporation changes.

Check out our signature for details.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by freemanbubble: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
We are set down here in Edo state

As we dey destroy na so we go dey loot and disarm things

We nor dey fuckkkk up for Edo state
Ogbe boys, upper boys, ekosodin boys and ekpoma boys dey the ground

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Tamasaba: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigeria sha. I wish our police could protect we the citizens like this instead of intimidating us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by naijadrivablog: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
cheesy
There are certain things you don't beg for, you just earn it. Respect is one of such.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Greenbirth: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
This what AKA preaches. AKA of a rapper is like a small boy whose mother told never to touch his feets in water when crossing small bridge to school. Until one day one of his shoe fell to the river. He has no option but to step his feet to chase his shoe. and that was his end. I doubt if any day AKA step out South Africa to other African countries. he will ever come back with his head on his body.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Chisaedhor: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Hycon(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
This might turn into something they can’t handle. Might be revolution in the making.
Go and ask Gaddafi undecided
It started like a very small fire that won’t hurt until ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by vibre: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
When will they attack the Mr.Biggs and Chicken republic in my area, abi dem no follow? I wan chop free fried rice and chicken oh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by eazyman(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by HisExcellence(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmmmm, time to use this as opportunity to our Revolution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Barondenigeria: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Who remembers the Arab spring??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by sonnie10: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!
Ironically, your tax money is being used to pay for the security.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Chisaedhor: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:

Smh!

No be you follow vote for Buhari

Ona never see anything 4more years ahead grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by adebuk47(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02N39DAH3no

Phyno - Deal With It (Official Music Video)

*©️ JALABASE MEDIA ✊*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Donald3d(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
I have some questions oooooo.
Why is it that after all these years wey we dey suffer our suffer in peace na now all these things dey happen?

Why is it that na after a few days na him this our government take action.
Action wey dem take wey be like say na force we force them.
The sooner we know say this government na scam the better.
They don't care.
They don't.
One dingbat go soon mention me
But if the government good wetin we dey find outside. As at 1990 my elder brother ran away from home so he doesn't travel overseas. Now person wey no even get passport dey japa like that.
This government na scam.
Buhari na scam.
If una like make una ban me.
I go say the truth
To the BMC crew if na hunger push una you are forgiven. But if truly una support this man may what happened to my cousin yesterday happen to each and every one of you.

my cousin's body is coming home this weekend in a body bag. After 12 years in SA. If you need dead meat I will gladly give her to you. I swear one day you go dey front page news. Epe lo ma pa e last last. Olorun ma je kin ri e. Sigbon mo ma wa e.

Useless government.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:

Smh!

No, our government isn't securing their (SAns) investment, rather our government is securing their (9ja politicians) investment.

Most, if not all, state governors have shares in ShopRite and others. They're only using our security to protect their personal property under the guise of national security.

Our politicians are the definition of hypocrisy, betrayal, wickedness and criminality.

This isn't to say that I support the looting, I'm only clarifying the point you raised.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Passionate888: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
If Port Harcourt boys want to do their own, police sef no fit stop them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Charleys: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
They were not attacked in owerri so why are they whiting down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by boldking(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
dumebi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Yamleg: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
Don't leave your cerebellum idle...
1+1 doesn't always = 2
1+1 also = 10, in Binary.
Use ur head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Chiefochiefo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
But what about Ozubulu Catholic church attack? Is it xenophobic attack? All we heard is that the case started all the way south Africa. Now what has happened? The difference is that south Africans kill foreigners, in Nigeria we kill our our people. Bleep up country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
what is even wrong with Nigeria? Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there. ...They should better stop this 'BIG BROTHER' thing, its not helping us in the continent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by MarianaTrench: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
South Africans don buy market grin

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by AdonaiAluminium: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
Gradually all Shoprite stores across the nation are closing up, huge revenue losses will surely be recorded. Strong warning to the south Africans

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.