Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean (47796 Views)

'Dinosaur Of Turtle World': Monster-Sized Snapping Turtle Found In Florida (Pix) / 'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos) / Leatherback Sea Turtle Caught In Bayelsa - Foropa Kingdom Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by incrediblepraise: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
holluwai:

Nice signature Mr goat. grin

But the fishermen insisted in catching the turtle again immediately after it's released to the ocean it had been brought, grin
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by sunshineV(f): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
nNEOo:

You d respond to that your stupid name undecided
never had of sunshine?
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by sweetcocoa(f): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
I get the feeling that said turtle will still be hunted by those boys.

The level of ignorance/illiteracy in nigeria is frightening.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by DedeNkem: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mr. Segun Adebiyi, thank you so much for saving this marine animal!
If we had many of your caliber, Nigeria would become a place where tourists visit to see nature's creatures.

I don't kill animals. Whenever I see one, I enjoy watching it disappear into the bush and I do wonder what would be its fate when an idiot sees it. We need to let animals live!
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by ziga: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Can't blame the fishermen...

Person wey don chop today, na him fit dey worry about tomorrow.

Poverty is a disease!!!
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Decryptor(m): 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
See them with ropes! They all voted for Bullhary and now hunger has pervaded their senses common that turtle has become palatable! Bunch of idiots!!
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Decryptor(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
DedeNkem:
Mr. Segun Adebiyi, thank you so much for saving this marine animal!
If we had many of your caliber, Nigeria would become a place where tourists visit to see nature's creatures.

I don't kill animals. Whenever I see one, I enjoy watching it disappear into the bush and I do wonder what would be its fate when an idiot sees it. We need to let animals live!

A lizard wandered into my kitchen because my kitchen is usally cool because of the tiling on a hot sunny day. Na so one of my neighbour that came to borrow salt saw the poor creature and raised alarm that "it was sent" and i should kill it immediately. undecided I was like seriously...SENT BY WHO? Abeg collect salt wey you come borrow clear from my house. I simply opened the windows and door to make room for the reptile to escape. Africans have 2 major problem..Hunger and Fetish Beliefs!

3 Likes

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by DedeNkem: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Decryptor:

A lizard wandered into my kitchen because my kitchen is usally cool because of the tiling on a hot sunny day. Na so one of my neighbour that came to borrow salt saw the poor creature and raised alarm that "it was sent" and i should kill it immediately. undecided I was like seriously...SENT BY WHO? Abeg collect salt wey you come borrow clear from my house. I simply opened the windows and door to make room for the reptile to escape. Africans have 2 major problem..Hunger and Fetish Beliefs!

Thank you for doing that!

It seems you're educated, intelligent and don't believe in fetish/juju nonsense, which can't be said of many Nigerians!

Most Nigerians have the worst cavemen mentality in the world! It's hard to differentiate them from apes.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by mizzyboy007: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
iyatrustee:
Na the publisher i go throw inside the ocean instead! cheesy

Why the turtle tresspass before? He be wan come dry land for reception to open him MMM PO Account? angry
You have a very very poor mentality, no wonder you are still single.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Oblak(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
BuyGoats:
Leadership in practice.
Please My signature for your Christmas goats
But how do we buy goats when mmm froze all our accounts?
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Worksunlimited: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
dominique:
The turtle should have been taken to institute of marine research. I don't trust those boys, they can still hunt it down and cook it. Nice gesture Mr Adebiyi

Do not underestimate the power of hunger...

Especially now wey mmm don freeze men livelihood..
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by MOHE: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
celestialAgent:
Cool.

I also caught a BRAKE, Oga you go fit lay 10k for it's release?
That pedal in cars is called throttle not turtle.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by drstone1: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Onegai:
Stvpid selfish greed. No thought other than today and its worries, thoughtless about the future.

That's Black Africa for you. When I remember Lord Lugards quotes about the negro.it baffles me to see how true all of that is. So what if the missionaries did not bring schools and education. We would have been worse off in ritualism and Barbarism. Lord Lugards wrote that the negroid species are closer to the animals among the races and are driven primarily by survival instincts and care only for today and have no plans for the future. Google his comments and see if I am right.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Onegai(f): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
drstone1:

That's Black Africa for you. When I remember Lord Lugards quotes about the negro.it baffles me to see how true all of that is. So what if the missionaries did not bring schools and education. We would have been worse off in ritualism and Barbarism. Lord Lugards wrote that the negroid species are closer to the animals among the races and are driven primarily by survival instincts and care only for today and have no plans for the future. Google his comments and see if I am right.

I don't think so. Bini, Yoruba and Hausa empires were pretty advanced, as were pockets across the SS and Middle Belt. Something went wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by celestialAgent(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
MOHE:

That pedal in cars is called throttle not turtle.

I capitalized the BRAKE to elicit emphasy, which I believe anyone who read the post should easily phatom and decode that sacasm is of the essence.

1 Like

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by realmindz: 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
I am forced to believe there is a link between skin colour and intelligence, poverty and brainlessness.

cursed race, natural gluttons who only care in satisfying their immediate appetite
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Onegai:
Stvpid selfish greed. No thought other than today and its worries, thoughtless about the future.

Greed ke?

Onegai, my sister, I'm sure you ate Chicken today.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by samsam2019: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Why mankind are so heartless is still a mystery to me
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by benzems(m): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by BuyGoats: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
zionmade:

my broda am proud of u for that reply. Thank u for inspiring me tonight.i will always be proud of watever i do

I'm a female and I'm really proud of what I do. I'm glad you're inspired. Our youths especially the university graduates need to be creative. Farming is really lucrative because people eat daily. Enough of bearing big titles 'Executive Manager' with little bank balance.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by BuyGoats: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Oblak:

But how do we buy goats when mmm froze all our accounts?

So sorry about that. Move on. God will make a way..,
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by manikspears: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Honestly we need to start conserving our wildlife in this country, anytime we see anything that is not human and it's breathing the thing comes to mind is meat. angry
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
Edenoscar:

The Endangered Species Act (USA) of 1973 (ESA) protects registered endangered species by removing them from the “take” list, which makes it unlawful for a person to shoot, harm, capture, trap, or attempt any such actions to the species.
Thats the kind of law we need
Yeah, it's so sad that here in Nigeria, people are always so quick to satisfy their momentary needs, to quell their satiety centres in that instant, forgetting the future. Not caring how rare or the impact a creature could have, they slaughter it. A few months ago, there was a story about how a dolphin was killed in Delta state. it's all so disheartening.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by iyatrustee(f): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
undecided
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by iyatrustee(f): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
mizzyboy007:
You have a ver

y very poor mentality, no wonder you are still single.

You have a very poor mentality. No wonder you jump to baseless conclusions.

Take my advice, not everyone in here is in your class.

No be me do you as it is obvious you lack a good sense of humour

1 Like

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Cromagnon: 1:06am On Dec 14, 2016
Onegai:
will you pay their bills
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by recruit4real(m): 4:23am On Dec 14, 2016
Onegai:
That's what is killing our dear country. Everyone is thinking about today, instead of tomorrow or the future of their actions. The moment we stop thinking about today,and start thinking about tomorrow or the future, that is when Nigeria will be great.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by mecussey(m): 6:02am On Dec 14, 2016
ekojoe:
lovely...
Buhari is in Gambia
Doing nothing....

1 Like

Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2016
The sea turtle faces alot of challenges, from the moment it hatches it has to make a perilous journey to the sea, survive shark and other predator attacks.

They should leave the creature alone.
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by aquabeing: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2016
It's high time for more environmental protection campaigns
Re: Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean by Pokermon: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2016
odiereke:
Better to allow it to live than be killed.
not with snakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fisherman Discovers Rare Nine-legged Octopus After He Boiled It For Dinner (pix) / Man Shocked As Water Mysteriously Gushes Out From Suspended Kettle In Ogun (vid) / DearMoon Mission: Meet The First Nigerian Man Going To The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.