Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince (5068 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Remember The Cross - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by darbeelicous(f): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2017
its Joseph prince again smiley

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by TheVictorious(m): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2017
VERY TRUE!
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Origin(f): 8:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Be mindful of Christ's teachings.
He called to God. He did miracles in God's name ( like all those before and after him).

Yet a whole Sunday service dedicated to the worship of God, yet God's name is not mentioned.

Hmmmmmm.
Even on that cross he called unto God.
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Onwardvic(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2017
When a thought just flashed in your mind and you immediately resisted it,you have not sinned but when it came in and you entertained it, friend you have sinned and needs to ask for God's forgiveness. Jesus said that when you see a woman and lustfully look at her that you have committed immorality with her in your heart
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by nwosu35: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2017
Nah so

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by darbeelicous(f): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2017
lolz....... All pastors with their various philosophy!! Most of them don't make sense sha! Bunch of confused fellows!!
pxjosh:
Yesterday one pastor on TV said the more you pray the more your angels increase.. I was like wtf is this one saying undecided

darbeelicous what do you have to say?
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Mpanyi: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Twisters of meaning of the grace from Christ done carry come again in different form.
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by boboenny: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2017
But just as our position as sinners is not based on what we do, but what the first Adam did, in the same way, we are forever righteous today not because of what we do, but because of what Christ, the last Adam, did on the cross.

bomb
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Mememan: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
FATHER FATHER!

WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME.... grin

WHAT A SHAME cheesy

STUPÎD TALES BY MOONLIGHT
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Image123(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
jiggaz:
2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Have you ever felt condemned because of the bad thoughts you have had? You could be in the middle of a prayer meeting when suddenly a dirty thought enters your mind. Actually, it is the devil who puts such thoughts in your mind. Then, he steps back, looks at you and knocks you on your head, saying, “How can you call yourself a Christian and still think such thoughts?”

I used to be in bondage over the bad thoughts I had because I felt that I had to confess every one of them and seek God’s forgiveness. But that is not what God’s Word exhorts us to do. You see, God wants us to bring “every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”. Now, whose obedience are we to focus on? Christ’s obedience and not our own obedience!

But what is “the obedience of Christ”? It is His obedience at the cross, where “by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous”. (Romans 5:19) Jesus shed His blood for us at the cross. This means that when our thoughts condemn us, we are to focus our thoughts on Jesus’ obedience at the cross.

My friend, the devil can only make inroads into our minds when he gets us to focus on our obedience instead of
Christ’s obedience. His strategy is to point us to our obedience or the lack of it to determine our standing before God. But just as our position as sinners is not based on what we do, but what the first Adam did, in the same way, we are forever righteous today not because of what we do, but because of what Christ, the last Adam, did on the cross.

So the next time your thoughts seem to condemn you, say, “I am righteous whether I have good or bad thoughts. My righteousness has nothing to do with my obedience. Jesus’ obedience at the cross made me righteous.” Then, go ahead and pray, knowing that you have access to God and His favor, and that He hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

Thought For The Day

The devil’s strategy is to point us to our obedience or the lack of it to determine our standing before God.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/be-mindful-of-christs-obedience-at-the-cross/

This is a load of nonsense. Who says your obedience to God is not important? The devil.
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
boboenny:
But just as our position as sinners is not based on what we do, but what the first Adam did, in the same way, we are forever righteous today not because of what we do, but because of what Christ, the last Adam, did on the cross.

bomb

Nobody is forever righteous in disobedience to God, don't be deceived by itching ears.
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by TheVictorious(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
Image123:

This is a load of nonsense. Who says your obedience to God is not important? The devil.

Why do you guys read negative meanings into the word? when did he say these??
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Image123(m): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2017
TheVictorious:

Why do you guys read negative meanings into the word? when did he say these??

Read "My righteousness has nothing to do with my obedience."
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:21am On Sep 13, 2018
Lord Jesus i thank you!!
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
adekoyejo508:
thought of this scripture in this light! Wow!.
Yes...the Lord Jesus is awesome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biblically Fact About Poverty / Atheists Let's Have Fun. Anti-religion Memes / Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Man Or Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.