Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince (5057 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Remember The Cross - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Have you ever felt condemned because of the bad thoughts you have had? You could be in the middle of a prayer meeting when suddenly a dirty thought enters your mind. Actually, it is the devil who puts such thoughts in your mind. Then, he steps back, looks at you and knocks you on your head, saying, “How can you call yourself a Christian and still think such thoughts?”

I used to be in bondage over the bad thoughts I had because I felt that I had to confess every one of them and seek God’s forgiveness. But that is not what God’s Word exhorts us to do. You see, God wants us to bring “every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”. Now, whose obedience are we to focus on? Christ’s obedience and not our own obedience!

But what is “the obedience of Christ”? It is His obedience at the cross, where “by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous”. (Romans 5:19) Jesus shed His blood for us at the cross. This means that when our thoughts condemn us, we are to focus our thoughts on Jesus’ obedience at the cross.

My friend, the devil can only make inroads into our minds when he gets us to focus on our obedience instead of
Christ’s obedience. His strategy is to point us to our obedience or the lack of it to determine our standing before God. But just as our position as sinners is not based on what we do, but what the first Adam did, in the same way, we are forever righteous today not because of what we do, but because of what Christ, the last Adam, did on the cross.

So the next time your thoughts seem to condemn you, say, “I am righteous whether I have good or bad thoughts. My righteousness has nothing to do with my obedience. Jesus’ obedience at the cross made me righteous.” Then, go ahead and pray, knowing that you have access to God and His favor, and that He hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

Thought For The Day

The devil’s strategy is to point us to our obedience or the lack of it to determine our standing before God.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/be-mindful-of-christs-obedience-at-the-cross/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by veekid(m): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Today is not Sunday now; mods don start again ooooo

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by jericco1(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2017
Mysterious
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by RUGGEDWEAVER(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2017
grin grin ;DOkay
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by Buking1: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2017
Fyc
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by AngelicBeing: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2017
cool
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by awoo47: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2017
embarassed
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by diqq(m): 8:40am On Apr 17, 2017
All is well...
Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by daftpikin: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2017
Never thought of this scripture in this light! Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by theway83: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2017
am going to Galilee to celebrate Easter

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of Christ's Obedience At The Cross - Joseph Prince by pxjosh(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2017
Yesterday one pastor on TV said the more you pray the more your angels increase.. I was like wtf is this one saying undecided

darbeelicous what do you have to say?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? / Why Christians Ignorantly Oppose The Theory Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.