Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

VERY SAD: NDDC ABANDONS SCHOLARS OVERSEA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / VERY SAD: NDDC ABANDONS SCHOLARS OVERSEA (507 Views)

INVESTIGATION: Despite Shortage Of Schools In State, Akwa Ibom Abandons College / NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VERY SAD: NDDC ABANDONS SCHOLARS OVERSEA by informed247: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2016
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has over the years achieved relative level of success, while this is commendable, most Niger Deltans expects more from NDDC. I am writing this with serious bitterness, about 3 days ago, I stopped over at Birmingham from London, met with some Niger Delta Students, I was almost overwhelmed when they disclosed that NDDC sponsored them for their masters, as we chatted further, such feelings was instantly murdered at the instance of these students, who received scholarships since 2015, claiming NDDC is yet to pay their maintenance fees. I was bittered, disappointed and was forced to register in nairaland so I would raise this issue, from personal observation, this students were already in the mood to go protest at the embassy, what a shame! when will NDDC gets things done properly? why send students out to foreign land, if NDDC cannot take care of them? must students protest in UK for NDDC to pay up their allowances?

On the Contrary, I was told by one students sponsored by PTDF in London, they have received their allowance within a month after registration, why can't NDDC get it right? The sad thing is that almost a year ago Mrs. Ibim Semanitari, former acting MD of NDDC claimed she has payed these scholars, these lies and wickedness must stop, I was even more surprised same NDDC have just awarded scholarship to scholars 2016, when they are yet to sort out 2015 scholars, this is unacceptable and should be condemned by all Nigerians.

From a concerned Nigerian

MODS help move to FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VERY SAD: NDDC ABANDONS SCHOLARS OVERSEA by Yonnie13: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2017
informed247:
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has over the years achieved relative level of success, while this is commendable, most Niger Deltans expects more from NDDC. I am writing this with serious bitterness, about 3 days ago, I stopped over at Birmingham from London, met with some Niger Delta Students, I was almost overwhelmed when they disclosed that NDDC sponsored them for their masters, as we chatted further, such feelings was instantly murdered at the instance of these students, who received scholarships since 2015, claiming NDDC is yet to pay their maintenance fees. I was bittered, disappointed and was forced to register in nairaland so I would raise this issue, from personal observation, this students were already in the mood to go protest at the embassy, what a shame! when will NDDC gets things done properly? why send students out to foreign land, if NDDC cannot take care of them? must students protest in UK for NDDC to pay up their allowances?

On the Contrary, I was told by one students sponsored by PTDF in London, they have received their allowance within a month after registration, why can't NDDC get it right? The sad thing is that almost a year ago Mrs. Ibim Semanitari, former acting MD of NDDC claimed she has payed these scholars, these lies and wickedness must stop, I was even more surprised same NDDC have just awarded scholarship to scholars 2016, when they are yet to sort out 2015 scholars, this is unacceptable and should be condemned by all Nigerians. Angered by the plight of Niger Delta students, we have put in place measures to confront this inhumane treatment from NDDC, if nothing is done about this by first week of February 2017. Please Share this around until it gets to NDDC.

From a concerned Nigerian
Re: VERY SAD: NDDC ABANDONS SCHOLARS OVERSEA by Gabok6464: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2017
You can get your past questions on ptdf, nddc , etc at affordable price. Call or chat me up on 07015705529 for further inquiries. The earlier you get, the better 4 u. Thank you. Success

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Deliver With Difficulties / Which Life Lesson Did You Learn Too Late In Your Life? / MTN Foundation Scholars Alumni Conference Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.