Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. (917 Views)

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. by drizzymadbet(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2016
Now that MMM confirmed mavros are under monatarium/Lock down/Frozen, Now what next[i][/i]

I remember making a post on May 26 2016 on the reasons why Nigerians should stay away from MMM, here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/3128811/why-should-stay-away-mmm Many people on this forum taunted me, many rained insults on me, many people sneered that I am destined to be poor that instead of taking an opportunity, I am discouraging people. Many others used that opportunity to market themselves to an extent that Seun and his band of moderators had to close the thread. It was quite understandable cos of the rules banning cryptography, Ponzi Schemes and the rest of em here on nairaland and I admire Seun’s courage even though it was and still remain an unpopular decision.

Well for the past one year, Nigerians irrespective of social strata gracefully joined MMM and a lot of Millionaires were made, people who had difficult lives had bettered lives. I did forewarn people about the dangers lurking if you are into MMM and I remembered telling people to thread carefully and to know when is the best time to exit the system. Fast forward to yesterday, the managers of MMM just released a statement that they are freezing/pausing or what ever adjective/verb you would use to describe what ever happened to the system. What are the implications? The implication is that some have their money stuck in the system(Seeing their money growing in their personal office but cant make withdrawals) Would the system ever wake up from the slumber it found itself ? Well a lot depends.

My first argument in my eailier thread that the system is supported by new members supporting the interest of the few privileged who are either “guilders” and early entrants who were able to garner many “downlines” for themselves. These people are been paid fat to keep the system running. These guilders are paid bonuses and commissions to keep “hussling” for new entrants to bring into the system. These are the ones whom you see are super millionaires in MMM. How do they make the millions, they make it from you selling to you the idea of 30% and you buy, while they make millions for themselves. These Guilders and the co made the system unhealthy and they were the reasons why you are having issues. ( We would talk more about them in a different article)

Is MMM Crashing ? Well I wouldn’t say ‘YES’ neither would I say ‘NO’ a lot of factors should be considered.

Lemme quote them:
“One-Month Freezing of Confirmed Mavros”
“Dear members!”
“As usual, in the New Year season the System is experiencing heavy workload. Moreover, it has to deal with the constant frenzy provoked by the authorities in the mass media.”
“The things are still going well; the participants feel calm; everyone gets paid – as you can see, there haven’t been any payment delays or other problems yet – but!.. it is better to avoid taking risk.:-)) (Moreover, there are almost three weeks left to the New Year.)”
“Hence, on the basis of the above mentioned, from now on all confirmed Mavro will be frozen for a month.”
“The reason for this measure is evident. We need to prevent any problems during the New Year season, and then, when everything calms down, this measure will be cancelled. (Which we will definitely do.:-))”
“We hope for your understanding,
Administration”

Lets itemize their excuses:

First of all blaming the Mass Media and the government for their woes is wrong, Yes the government and the mass media really persecuted MMM, which is right cos in the first place it is the work of any good government to take the interest of their citizens at heart more especially it being a Ponzi Scheme(And we all know Ponzi Schemes don’t end well). But instead of bringing MMM down, the media and government actually made MMM more popular, it made people to be more dogged, it made people join in droves, if you check the statistics between September 2016 and now, you would find out that it was even more than 100% increase to what it was before September.
So is blaming the government or the media for their demise or sorry their “pause mode” the truth ? No that’s a feeble excuse that holds no water.

More details later…
Re: MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. by jaybest90(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Even if mmm is back in January.. I wonder who will provide help for those that want to get help.. My fingers are crossed... Lolz
Re: MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. by Yoshy: 11:19am On Dec 14, 2016
Funny enough, people are willing to provide help.
Re: MMM Mavros Frozen For A Month, Implications And Realities. by drizzymadbet(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
According to the MMM managers they claim that their freezing user accounts is to forestall any panic, buh in my humble assessment before the panic, the system was already unhealthy. Why would I say it was unhealthy? Ask early users of MMM they would confirm you that when you PH 200,000 for example, the most number of people you are merged to pay to would be at most 2, buh before the freezing of MMM accounts recently, they would merge to you to pay 5 people for just of a Pledge Help of 100,000. Among the five people you would pay, they would even merge you who you would pay 2,000 naira. Smart People noticed that red flag and knew that things were going wrong and the smart time to exit the system. Another red flag people didn’t notice recently was that merging people for one to pay for “Pledged Help” during this November and December period was fast unlike before, except in the humble begininings of MMM, It took between 2 -3 weeks to be merged to be pay and in some extreme cases four weeks. For Smart fellows they noticed that people were no longer bringing in the millions that is needed to keep the system running, they started withdrawing their funds buh gullible fellows keep sticking their money before the system froze their money.
What are the implications…

Reports have been emerging of casualties of this decision to freeze accounts in MMM, but am sure most Nigerians would prefer to suffer in silence, most bread winners who have their money stucked in MMM would now be faced with an uphill task to find alternative sources of income to fund their XMAS and new year celebrations.

On a negative note, some who do not manage their health properly would have to suffer health challenges like High Blood Pressure and in some extreme cases Suicide as already have been reported. Those who borrowed or even took other people’s money to stake in MMM would be running helter skater to find refunds for their respective owners.

Would MMM Unfreeze and come back online as they promised January 14 2017.
Well I am not a prophet of doom, but the truth is that they(MMM Managers) cannot be so sure that MMM would come back on stream as they are speculating or promising, they are in the minority compared to the millions of other Nigerians. It is the Millions of Nigerians that would pay for others to “Get Help”. So if Nigerians come January decide not to invest in the system or pay for their “Pledge Help”, that marks the demise of MMM in Nigeria and there is nothing those Guilders or Super Guilders as they call themselves can do to stop the downward spiral.
In a quest to make people to stake their money in MMM they increased the bonus by another 20% percent early this month, smart people knew that such bonuses where like a drowning man holding on to shrubs to avoid drowning. When that game plan didn’t work, when people didn’t pump in money into the system as they wished the weight of the hammer came falling in the name of “Freezing” of accounts.

Nigerians don’t be stupid, the survival of MMM come January 2017 is slim, you can’t “Get Help”, but you can“Pledge Help” How logical does that sounds? When January 2017 comes and majority decides not to fulfill the “Pledge Help”, how would those who their accounts was frozen redeem their money?, if you are smart, ask yourself that thought provoking question ? But I don’t think people would be realistic cos Nigerian youths have grown lazy because of these Get Rich Schemes, some have left their businesses to suffer, some have resigned from their various places of employment. Idiots among them just flaunt cash and luxuries while the smart among them have invested in other genuine businesses from the proceeds they make from MMM

Don’t Listen to what your guiders would tell you, already a handful of ‘em have been releasing press statements to douse the fear and Panic. MMM Managers would be pressing them to release statements to their various downlines that “nothing is happening” that the system is safe, that MMM went on vacation just like you would be going to your various villages and homes for vacation. Its normal that those guilders would be telling you that, so that the system would be kept working so that they can milk millions out of Nigerians( The guilders can decide not to “Pledge Help” and still receive millions monthly from referral and leadership bonuses, no wonder their super guilder can host a wedding that only dirty corrupt politicians can flaunt).

So in summary, don’t be stupid and naïve to quickly to start putting in money into the System come January 2017, bros make sure you receive what ever is stuck first in MMM before putting in another one.

More details later…

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

For Sale HP Pavilion G4 / Get Certified In Digital Media Marketing For N29,999 – See Course Breakdown / Ayo Arowolo: How To Set Specific Money Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.