Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! (13389 Views)

How Come What Is Haraam In Duniya is Halaal In Aljanah? / Val's Day Is Haraam. / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
this would be directly copied from.here https://islamqa.info/en/5011

The aayaat of the Qur’aan and the Ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) indicate that musical instruments are condemned, and warn us against them. The Qur’aan teaches that playing these instruments is one of the things that leads people astray and constitutes mockery of the Signs of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talk to mislead (men) from the Path of Allaah, without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah, the Verses of the Qur’aan) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Most of the scholars interpreted lahw al-hadeeth (“idle talk”) as meaning singing and musical instruments, and every voice that diverts people from the truth.

Al-Tabari (Jaami’ al-Bayaan, 15/118-119), Ibn Abi’l-Dunya (Dham al-Malaahi, 33) and Ibn al-Jawzi (Talbees Iblees, 232) all reported that concerning the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“[Allaah said to Shaytaan;] ‘And istafziz [literally means befool them gradually] those whom you can with your voice, make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, mutually share with them wealth and children, and make promises to them.’ But Shaytaan promises them nothing but deceit” [al-Isra’ 17:64]

Mujaahid said, “This refers to singing and flutes.”

Al-Tabari reported that al-Hasan al-Basri said:

“His voice is the tambourine.”

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (1/252):

“The grammatical structure here (idaafah – genitive or possessive) is used to make something specific (idaafat al-takhsees), and in all these words in the aayah it refers back to the Shaytaan [addressed here as ‘you’ by Allaah, may He be glorified]. Everyone who speaks about anything other than obedience of Allaah or plays a reed pipe, flute, tambourine or drum, all of this is the voice of Shaytaan.”

Al-Tirmidhi reported in his Sunan (no. 1005) from Ibn Abi Layla from ‘Ata’ from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to to al-Nakhl with ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, when his son Ibraaheem was dying. He took the child in his lap and his eyes filled with tears. ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said, ‘Are you weeping when you have forbidden us to weep?’ He said, 'I do not forbid weeping. What I have forbidden is two foolish and evil kinds of voices: voices at times of entertainment and play and the flutes of the Shaytaan, and voices at times of calamity and scratching the face and rending the garments and screaming.’”

Al-Tirmidhi said: this is a hasan hadeeth. It was also reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, no. 1683, al-Bayhaqi in al-Sunan al-Kubra (4/69), al-Tayaalisi in Musnad (no. 1683) and by al-Tahhaawi in Sharh al-Ma’aani, 4/29, and it was classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Al-Nawawi said: “What is meant here is singing and musical instruments.” See Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 4/88.

It was reported in a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “In my ummah there will be people who allow fornication/adultery (zina), silk, wine and musical instruments [ma’aazif]. Some people will stay at the side of a mountain, and they will have flocks of sheep. When a poor person comes in the evening to ask them for something he needs, they will say. ‘Come back to us tomorrow.’ Then during the night Allaah will destroy them by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection.’”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari in al-Saheeh mu’allaqan, 51/10. Reported mawsoolan by al-Bayhaqi in al-Sunan al-Kubra, 3/272; al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, 3/319; and Ibn Hibbaan in al-Saheeh (8/265-266). Classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Salaah in ‘Uloom al-Hadeeth (32), Ibn al-Qayyim in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (255) and Tahdheeb al-Sunan (5/270-272), al-Haafiz in al-Fath (10/51) and al-Albaani in al-Saheehah (1/140))

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath (10/55): Ma’aazif refers to musical instruments. Al-Qurtubi reported from al-Jawhari that ma’aazif meant singing, and what it says in his book al-Sihaah is that it refers to musical instruments. It was also said that it is the sound of musical instruments. In a footnote by al-Dimyaati it says: ma’aazif is tambourines and other kinds of drums. The word ‘azif is applied to singing and all other kinds of instruments that may be played.

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (1/256):

The evidence for this is that ma’aazif refers to all kinds of things used for entertainment. There is no dispute among scholars of the Arabic language on this point. If they were halaal, he would not have condemned those who permitted them, or compared permitting them to permitting wine and zina.

We may understand from the hadeeth that all kinds of musical instruments are forbidden. This is clear from the hadeeth for a number of reasons:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said “… there will be people who allow…” It is clear that the things listed here, including musical instruments, are forbidden in sharee’ah, but those people will allow them.

He compared musical instruments to things that are definitely known to be haraam, namely zina and alcohol. If instruments were not haraam, he would not have made this comparison. The evidence of this hadeeth that singing is haraam is definitive. Even if no other hadeeth or aayah spoke about musical instruments, this hadeeth would be sufficient to prove that they are haraam, especially the kind of singing that is known among people nowadays, the essence of which is obscenity and foul talk, based on all kinds of musical instruments such as guitars, drums, flutes, ouds, zithers, organs, pianos, violins and other things that make it more enticing, such as the voices of these effeminate singers and whores.

(See Hukm al-Ma’aazif by al-Albaani, Tas-heeh al-Ahkta’ wa’l-Awhaam al-Waaqi’ah fi Ahaadeeth al-Nabi ‘alayhi’l-salaam by Raa’id Sabri, 1/176).

Shaykh Ibn Baaz said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/423-424):

“Ma’aazif refers to singing and musical instruments. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that at the end of time there will come a people who will allow these things just as they will allow alcohol, zina and silk. This is one of the signs of his Prophethood, for all of this has happened. The hadeeth indicates that [musical instruments] are haraam, and condemns those who say they are halaal, just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed. The aayaat and ahaadeeth that warn against singing and musical instruments are many indeed. Whoever claims that Allaah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and is committing a great evil. We ask Allaah to keep us from obeying our desires and the Shaytaan. Even worse and more seriously sinful than that are those who say it is mustahabb. Undoubtedly this stems from ignorance about Allaah and His Religion; it is insolent blasphemy against Allaah and lying about His Laws. What is mustahabb is to beat on the daff [simple hand drum] at weddings. This is mustahabb for women only, in order to announce the wedding and to distinguish it from fornication. There is nothing wrong with women singing amongst themselves, accompanied by the daff, so long as the songs contain no words that encourage evil or distract people from their duties. It is also a condition that this should take place among women only, and there should be no mixing with men. It should also not cause any annoyance or disturbance to neighbours. What some people do, of amplifying such singing with loudspeakers is evil, because of the disturbance it causes to other Muslims, neighbours and others. It is not permissible for women, in weddings or on other occasions, to use any instrument other than the daff, such as the oud, violin, rebab (stringed instrument) and so on. This is evil, and the only concession that women are given is that they may use the daff.

As for men, it is not permissible for them to play any kind of musical instrument, whether at weddings or on any other occasion. What Allaah has prescribed for men is training in the use of instruments of war, such as target practice or learning to ride horses and competing in that, using spears, shields, tanks, airplanes and other things such as cannons, machine guns, bombs and anything else that may help jihaad for the sake of Allaah.”

Shaykh al-Islam said in al-Fataawa (11/569):

“I know that in the ‘golden age’, the first and best three centuries, in the Hijaaz, in Syria, in the Yemen, in Egypt, in the Maghreb, in Iraq, in Khorasan, none of the religious and righteous people, the ascetics and those who worshipped Allaah much, would gather to listen to this whistling and clapping and drum-beating and so on. This was innovated after that at the end of the second century, and whenever the imaams saw it, they denounced it.”

As for these anaasheed which are described as “Islamic” but are accompanied with musical instruments, giving them this name lends them some measure of legitimacy, but in fact they are singing and music, so calling them Islamic nasheeds is falsehood and deception. They cannot be a substitute for singing, as an evil thing cannot be substituted for another evil thing. We should replace something evil with something good. Listening to it on the grounds that it is Islamic and an act of worship is bid’ah, and Allaah does not allow this. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

by sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by tintingz(m): 12:25am On Dec 15, 2016
Music is an universal language that connect emotionally, physically and spiritually, an element of the universe.

I don't know why this was generally tagged haram by some Muslim scholars when good music exists.

Do you know music can change bad mood to good mood?

Turn Bad people to good people?

Inspiration?

Relaxation?

Healthy? Etc

Music is powerful to humanity.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2016
tintingz:
Music is an universal language that connect emotionally, physically and spiritually, an elements of the universe.
I don't know why this was generally tagged haram by some Muslim scholars when good music exists.
Do you know music can change bad mood to good mood?
Turn Bad people to good people?
Inspiration?
Relaxation?
Healthy? Etc
Music is powerful to humanity.

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talk to mislead (men) from the Path of Allaah, without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah, the Verses of the Qur’aan) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).” [Luqmaan 31:6]

“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know.”(baqarah 216)

one of the ways we can know how "good" music is, we should examine the lifestyle of musicians...

16 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by tintingz(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know.”(baqarah 216)

one of the ways we can know how "good" music is, we should examine the lifestyle of musicians...
Music itself is not bad as it is an art form creating sounds, rhythm, melodies using musical instruments and singing, it is the people that make it bad by passing bad massage just like religion and I don't see how idle talk relate to music in that verse. Idle talk can be used in many ways.

Secondly, humans have good and bad in them, I don't look at people lifestyle to know good music it is the message that makes good music just like we have Sheikhs preaching wrong message.

Saying music is haram is fallacy and Irrational (generalization), it is better you say idle talk or bad music is haram.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 15, 2016
tintingz:
Music itself is not bad as it is an art form creating sounds, rhythm, melodies using musical instruments and singing

two things are definitely sure for you to have said this;

1.) you don't believe in the authentic ahadeeth that prohibited singing, musical instruments.

2.) or you are more knowledge than the prophet who prohibited them.

, it is the people that make it bad by passing bad massage just like religion and I don't see how idle talk relate to music in that verse. Idle talk can be used in many ways.

if you don't see how, then you didn't read the op.

Secondly, humans have good and bad in them, I don't look at people lifestyle to know good music it is the message that makes good music just like we have Sheikhs preaching wrong message.

Actually, if music is something that changes "bad people to good people" like you claimed, then majority of musicians should be good people and role models, but the reverse is the case, majority are bad people producing "good" music, only a few are not bad people and by bad people i mean (in the open) they dont smoke, drug and all that, but still they are bad people because they cant do without fornication, so who are the "good" ones?

Saying music is haram is fallacy and Irrational (generalization), it is better you say idle talk or bad music is haram.

oh! you are more rational than the prophet...

with this mentality, you'll also be taking alcohol with little percentage.

12 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by tintingz(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

two things are definitely sure for you to have said this;

1.) you don't believe in the authentic ahadeeth that prohibited singing, musical instruments.

2.) or you are more knowledge than the prophet who prohibited them.
# I don't believe in irrational hadiths that doesn't give rational reason.

# I have not seen any rational reason in hadiths why music is bad by men-written hadiths, all I read are shaitan/Satan is the source.

if you don't see how, then you didn't read the op.
What does idle talk mean?

Actually, if music is something that changes "bad people to good people" like you claimed, then majority of musicians should be good people and role models, but the reverse is the case, majority are bad people producing "good" music, only a few are not bad people and by bad people i mean (in the open) they dont smoke, drug and all that, but still they are bad people because they cant do without fornication, so who are the "good" ones?
I have stated earlier that people have good and bad in them, a yin-yang thing. A good person can do bad and a bad person can do good, if you mean that taking drugs and smoking is the characteristics of a bad person, you're wrong. There are lots of smokers that do good than people that claim to be good.

When you're not close to the musicians how do you know they are bad or good?

If you think majority of musicians are bad people(because they smoke, drink, fornicate) but produce good music then psychologically they are good and they have good in them.

oh! you are more rational than the prophet...
No, some hadiths are irrational.

with this mentality, you'll also be taking alcohol with little percentage.
Sorry I don't take alcohol because I know what it can cause to the body system, now that's rational reason

Now give me one rational reason why music is generally bad and I will give you many reason why music is good for humanity.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by tintingz(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2016
# Does "good" originated from Islam?

# Did music started as an evil act/tool to humanity? because I can see many hadiths are giving Satan credit for this.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
tintingz:
# I don't believe in irrational hadiths that doesn't give rational reason.

# I have not seen any rational reason in hadiths why music is bad by men written hadiths, all I read are shaitan/Satan is the source.

What does idle talk mean?

I have stated earlier that people have good and bad in them, a yin-yang thing. A good person can do bad and a bad person can do good, if you mean that taking drugs and smoking is the characteristics of a bad person, you're wrong. There are lots of smokers that do good than people that claim to be good.

When you're not close to the musicians how do you know they are bad or good?

If you think majority of musicians are bad people(because they smoke, drink, fornicate) but produce good music then psychologically they are good and they have good in them.

No, some hadiths are irrational.

Sorry I don't take alcohol because I know what it can cause to the body system, now that's rational reason

Now give me one rational reason why music is generally bad and I will give you many reason why music is good for humanity.

alright...

1 Like

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
Trust tintingz, him no go carry last grin . Anyways, this is a complex topic for centuries. It is not ABC approach. The question of music is a complex one and there are valid differences of opinion surrounding it. As a quick introductory statement, we as Muslims must realize that understand the Fiqh (Legal Ruling) of any matter is not as simple as quoting a Qur'anic verse or pointing to a Hadeeth. In fact, the Companions, and definitely the two generations following them (Tabi'een and Tabi' Tabi'een) refrained from quoting from the Sunnah or the Qur'an without proper analysis of many many issues, e.g., linguistic proofs, context of revelation as well as a narration of the Prophet (upon whom be peace and blessings of Allah), absolute and qualified narrations, universality and particularity of verses and narrations, etc.

Will be back later In Sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by tintingz(m): 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
^Ok Empiree.
I hope yours will give rational reasons. smiley
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
Trust tintingz, him no go carry last grin . Anyways, this is a complex topic for centuries. It is not ABC approach. The question of music is a complex one and there are valid differences of opinion surrounding it. As a quick introductory statement, we as Muslims must realize that understand the Fiqh (Legal Ruling) of any matter is not as simple as quoting a Qur'anic verse or pointing to a Hadeeth. In fact, the Companions, and definitely the two generations following them (Tabi'een and Tabi' Tabi'een) refrained from quoting from the Sunnah or the Qur'an without proper analysis of many many issues, e.g., linguistic proofs, context of revelation as well as a narration of the Prophet (upon whom be peace and blessings of Allah), absolute and qualified narrations, universality and particularity of verses and narrations, etc.

Will be back later In Sha Allah

even tho I've seen some fallacious statements in this, I'll let it slide and wait for your contributions, i hope its not another virus.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
This is not going to be about ego. It is simple fact. I know and understand medieval scholars opinions on this subject. I held that view as well. It perfectly suited whatever going on in those days and at that time. But to simply say "music is haram" complicates reality on the ground.

Base on analysis from islamqa, there are lots of implications they did not consider. For instance, Sheikh Salahudin Akindele was giving lecture on this issue. I watched him on YouTube. People are criticizing him for the fact that he consider every musical instruments haram. Commentors said microphone in front of him is also haram then. Did he not think before he classified ALL to be haram?. Understand that these things did not exist in the time of nabi, sahaba and medieval time. Microphone is musical instrument too yet, we use it to proclaim adhan.

Above ^ is just diversion. Let me now face front.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
My first post are deeply developed sciences. The points below are the summaries of rulings based on such a thorough understanding of the Shari'ah, rather than those who simply claim to quote a verse or a Hadith as proof. Further, it is also important to note that music and singing are essentially two different things, not mutually exclusive but certainly not dependent of each other. In other words, one does not have to have music to sing, but at the same time they are both musical matters.

In regards to the question itself, the matter can be broken down into the following categories of assessment, each holding its own ruling and differences of opinion.

Let's start from those matters unanimously agreed upon to be prohibited.

i. The kinds of singing which are unequivocally prohibited are those which contain the celebration of the material world and includes sexual connotation and that which is also inappropriate in speaking, e.g., swearing, sexually expletive language, and the like. In Fiqh this is usually referred to as Tarab. Almost all Hollywood (and Bollywood...) songs will fit in here.

ii. The kinds of singing which are also unequivocally prohibited, are those that remove a person away from the worship and appropriate presence with Allah, e.g., leading a person to be involved with cross-gender mixing, lazing around (rather than taking a short break to relax from exhaustion. In such cases, as we will see below, there is permission to listen to musical matters that glorify Allah and praise the Prophet), ignoring one's rights and responsibilities, and the like.

iii. Those kinds of singing which are unequivocally permitted are those which glorify Allah and praise the Prophet. Much can be said about this, but it will be a whole book! So in summary, this is usually taken to be permissible as a respite rather than the norm of "iPod in the ear 24/7". It is also permissible to have such appropriate singing of happiness (rather than directly about Allah and His Messenger) that soothe the heart in a Halal manner for festivals and weddings. These kinds of singing are usually referred to as inshad and sama'.

iv. Those kinds of singing which are general, and are neither prohibited nor specifically about goodness and happiness (but may be e.g., about politics or environment, etc), the majority of Scholars hold that it is permissible only in its context rather than a habit to listen and enjoy. If it is habituated and leads an individual to ignore their rights and responsibilities, then it is not permitted. Almost all Hollywood and Bollywood songs fit in here.

Note: The above writings are gleaned but are also fairly interpolated by me in form of typo error, parenthesis and or additional statement but did not change original article by the author.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
This is not going to be about ego. It is simple fact. I know and understand medieval scholars opinions on this subject. I held that view as well. It perfectly suited whatever going on in those days and at that time. But to simply say "music is haram" complicates reality on the ground.

Base on analysis from islamqa, there are lots of implications they did not consider. For instance, Sheikh Salahudin Akindele was giving lecture on this issue. I watched him on YouTube. People are criticizing him for the fact that he consider every musical instruments haram. Commentors said microphone in front of him is also haram then. Did he not think before he classified ALL to be haram?. Understand that these things did not exist in the time of nabi, sahaba and medieval time. Microphone is musical instrument too yet, we use it to proclaim adhan.

Above ^ is just diversion. Let me now face front.

Microphone was not a musical instrument. The fact people used it to sing does not make it a musical instrument.

A microphone , colloquially nicknamed mic or mike ( /ˈmaɪk/ ), is a transducer that converts sound into an electrical signal.

Which ever sound whether talking, singing, drumming, crying as far as it has sound.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
According to Mufti Menk. Some scholars believe music to be makruh. While others take it Haram.

But non of the scholars believe the music of today to be halal. The music of today only invites premarital affairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrPbgE9h58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phI9DBRZ45Q

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Now To Music

1. The kind of music referred to as malahi(prominent in Arab world) are abhorred and prohibited. This kind of music is simply for entertainment for dance, frivolous enjoyment and the like.

2. Those kinds of music from the duff and similar drums (under the category of ma'azif) are unequivocally permissible. Of course, the songs attached to it must be permissible as outlined above. Further the use of the drums are unequivocally permissible for festivals and weddings and joyous times.

3. The critical difference of opinion is regarding different kinds of musical instruments; it is incorrect to suggest that all musical instruments are held to be prohibited in Islam. The fact is that the major prohibition of music is because at the time of the Prophet, they very often were used in the context of malahi - (1) above, hence easily claimed that it is prohibited in all circumstances. But this is not the case. As such (and the same for singing with or without music):

i) If the music is part of glorifying Allah and His Messenger, this is held to be permissible by the majority of Scholars;

ii) If the music is for entertainment and pastime, it is prohibited;

iii) If the music is for soothing and serenity of the mind which helps one to remember Allah, as long as it does not remove one from obeying Allah or one's rights and responsibilities, there is a significant difference of opinion, and is best to minimise such involvement if not avoided. If you saw someone listening to such a musical matter, do not place judgment on them nor force your opinion on others regarding this category.

In conclusion, avoid all singing, music, gatherings of entertainment, except for gatherings of melodious remembrance of Allah and His Messenger. And, be cautious if singing and music which are of spiritually happiness (not material) and also leads one to remember Allah and only listen sparingly if one could not avoid it at all.

In sha Allah that gives you a practical set of guidelines and the scope of impressibility as well as definite prohibitions and as such help you to live your life better in the presence of Allah Ta'ala.

Wallahu Alam
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

Microphone was not a musical instrument. The fact people used it to sing does not make it a musical instrument.

A microphone , colloquially nicknamed mic or mike ( /ˈmaɪk/ ), is a transducer that converts sound into an electrical signal.

Which ever sound whether talking, singing, drumming, crying as far as it has sound.
Musicians worldwide use it or not?. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
Musicians worldwide use it or not?. Keep deceiving yourself

They use it. Pastors use it worldwide or not. Lecturers use it world wide or not. Advertisers use it world wide or not. Politician use it world wide or not.

They all use it for different purpose. Right or Wrong?

Let's take drum as musical instrument: Its only used to provide musical sound world wide. State it other function.

Keep denying the Truth.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:
According to Mufti Menk. Some scholars believe music to be makruh. While others take it Haram.

But non of the scholars believe the music of today to be halal. The music of today only invites premarital affairs.

i am not gonna address Mufti Menk position. I will address yours. MUSIC is broad statement and you just can't lump them together. My earlier posts break it down. It is natural instinct to sing and dance. If MUSIC (period) is haram, then, I guess this is halal, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2zmKIUJ2g

You can just dance without dancing to music or beats. Otherwise, folks may think you are mojnun.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
i am not gonna address Mufti Menk position. I will address yours. MUSIC is broad statement and you just can't lump the, together. My earlier posts break it down. It is natural instinct to sing and dance. If MUSIC (period) is haram, then, I guess this is halal, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2zmKIUJ2g

You can just dance without dancing to music or beats. Otherwise, folks may think you are mojnun.

Sir. What is mine? That you're addressing? What did I say on music, could you point. Stop being silly.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

They use it. Pastors use it worldwide or not. Lecturers use it world wide or not. Advertisers use it world wide or not. Politician use it world wide or not.

They all use it for different purpose. Right or Wrong?

Let's take drum as musical instrument: Its only used to provide musical sound world wide. State it other function.

Keep denying the Truth.
I have no idea what you just said and I dont know what "truth" you claimed I denied. My point is simple. If mic is not musical instrument yet used worldwide by musicians, for call to salat, by pastors etc. It is musical instrument for different purposes. It is still musical instrument. Why the twist?.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

Sir. What is mine? That you're addressing? What did I say on music, could you point. Stop being silly.
I dont think I have thrown any insult at you. Your post shows you believe that MUSIC is haram period (regardless). Now that I posted video of your favorites, you try to stay neutral. Stand your ground akhi.

1 Like

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
I have no idea what you just said and I dont know what "truth" you claimed I denied. My point is simple. If mic is not musical instrument yet used worldwide by musicians, for call to salat, by pastors etc. It is musical instrument for different purposes. It is still musical instrument. Why the twist?.

No. Its simply an instrument for converting sound waves into electrical energy variations which may then be amplified, transmitted, or recorded.

To Musician: is a musical instrument

To Politician: Its political instrument

To religious people: its a preaching instrument

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
I dont think I have thrown any insult at you. Your post shows you believe that MUSIC is haram period (regardless). Now that I posted video of your favorites, you try to stay neutral. Stand your ground akhi.

To God Almighty who made me I did not watch the video you posted not even a click on the link as I type right now (10:28-10:31). Which of my post shows that. Please point it out. I did not post a single comment of my own opinion on whether its Halal or Haram. I only posted what I heard from mufti.

I hate this character you're displaying.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

No. Its simply an instrument for converting sound waves into electrical energy variations which may then be amplified, transmitted, or recorded.

To Musician: is a musical instrument

To Politician: Its political instrument

To religious people: its a preaching instrument
shaking my head. I have spoken
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
shaking my head. I have spoken

You have lied not you have spoken.

A microphone is a hardware peripheral originally invented by Emile Berliner in 1877 that allows computer users to input audio into their computers. The picture is an example of Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition and an example of a high-quality computer microphone.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/m/micrphon.htm

1 Like

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

To God Almighty who made me I did not watch the video you posted not even a click on the link as I type right now (10:28-10:31). Which of my post shows that. Please point it out. I did not post a single comment of my own opinion on whether its Halal or Haram. I only posted what I heard from mufti.

I hate this character you're displaying.
Now, watch it and tell me it is haram oor halal. It is only few seconds clip.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
Now, watch it and tell me it is haram oor halal. It is only few seconds clip.

I am following this topic since yesterday and I did not come to say music is halal or Haram. I followed the topic to learn by post of educated people who give proofs to justify. While I have already listen to Mufti Menk view. I want to see other scholars view.

I have also listen to Shahidi Sheik Ja'afar Mahmud Adam (Rahimahullau) views.

I have also heard of Hasssan (R.D) who sing to make unbelievers agree (But his is singing without music)

The prophet usually said "Qum waruhul qudusi....). Stand and pure soul (Jibril A.s ) is with you.

I have also heard lexiconkabir views. Looking for more views.

Views with proofs not your own views that has k-leg. Example if this that do this so that is also this that.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

You have lied not you have spoken.

A microphone is a hardware peripheral originally invented by Emile Berliner in 1877 that allows computer users to input audio into their computers. The picture is an example of Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition and an example of a high-quality computer microphone.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/m/micrphon.htm
I am not concerned about its definition. I am ONLY saying it is used by ALL. Hence, if it is forbidden, then, it is across the board. Just like TV. We can't say it haram. rather we say it depends on what it is used for. It remains TV whether it is used for po.rn or give dawatul islamiyah. Same goes with mic. It remains instrument. period.
Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Empiree:
I am not concerned about its definition. I am ONLY saying it is used by ALL. Hence, if it is forbidden, then, it is across the board. Just like TV. We can't say it haram. rather we say it depends on what it is used for. It remains TV whether it is used for po.rn or give dawatul islamiyah. Same goes with mic. It remains instrument. period.

Empiree:

Now you're not concern on it definition after you defined it as musical instrument and insisted it is. Just because of your ego not to accept the truth or what. Don't look at the person telling you the truth, but look at the truth itself.

Mic remain an instrument but does not remain a musical instrument. Period.

Microphone was not originated for Musical purpose in the first place. Its originally invented to transduce a sound. Just because many people used it does not make it musical instrument. So don't say the sheik is using musical appliance.

The same Qur'an you read, some people use it to do magic and evil shirk. That does not and will never make Qur'an a magic book.

Likewise mic was introduce to convey sound and which ever sound be it music, songs, adhan, preaching etc, the main function is still existing. This does not means the sheik is using musical instrument. If it means, then musicians are using religious instrument to sing also.

Similarly: Television was invented to transmit audio visual. Whether Lectures, Movies, etc anything and also for playing games.

To a person who like movies: Its a film watching appliance.

To a kid: its a cartoon box or gaming instrument.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! by Empiree: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

I am following this topic since yesterday and I did not come to say music is halal or Haram. I followed the topic to learn by post of educated people who give proofs to justify. While I have already listen to Mufti Menk view. I want to see other scholars view.

I have also listen to Shahidi Sheik Ja'afar Mahmud Adam (Rahimahullau) views.

I have also heard of Hasssan (R.D) who sing to make unbelievers agree (But his is singing without music)

The prophet usually said "Qum waruhul qudusi....). Stand and pure soul (Jibril A.s ) is with you.

I have also heard lexiconkabir views. Looking for more views.

Views with proofs not your own views that has k-leg. Example if this that do this so that is also this that.
I have spoken. Quran says "Idle talks" is forbidden. Hadith says by elaborating music. There is no contradiction. Hadith simply is saying music of no benefits, in another word music with haram lyrics are forbidden. Not just saying "music is haram". You seem to have problem understanding anytime. That's your issue. Saying simply "music is haram means whether it is mere vocal or not, it is haram altogether. Get the point now. That's what my posts clarified. if you still have problems after this, na u sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inheritance Of An Illegitimate Child / Miracle Of The Quran'two Seas Between Them Is Barrier' / Ruling On Buying And Selling Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.