Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Has A Professor Ever Apologized To A Student? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has A Professor Ever Apologized To A Student? (445 Views)

Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / How Did Osinbajo Become A Professor Within 10years in the Academia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has A Professor Ever Apologized To A Student? by BizLifeE: 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Why, of course. I've apologized to students individually and to classes collectively. It could be for something I said, or it could be for a poor class I taught.

In fact, every semester I usually leave one to two classes of slack in my schedule knowing that sooner or later I will screw up. About fifteen minutes into class I know when it's going poorly, and ask the class, “This isn't going well, is it?” If enough of them say yes and I don't see how to salvage it right away, I usually stop right there, tell them they deserve a better class than that, and we turn the rest of class into a free-form discussion session (what would now be called an AMA—Ask Me Anything—though I reserve the right to not answer questions about some things).

If I don't take responsibility for my words and actions, how can I expect them to do the same (and I do expect them to)? I take their praise and thanks, so I ought to be able to take their criticism too.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Has-a-professor-ever-apologized-to-a-student

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Has A Professor Ever Apologized To A Student? by Alhkerimu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
it happen in 9ja but this cannot happen in other country

(1) (Reply)

Hadoop Training Online Course And Placement In USA / JAMB Boss Charged With Allegation Of Bribery, Fraud & Extortion Of [N2 Billion] / Most Common Early Signs Of Pregnancy To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.