Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,786 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka (455 Views)

Soyinka To Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Swearing-in Day / Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" / Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka by Freegift75: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2016
www.viviangist.com/i-will-hold-a-private-funeral-on-trump-inauguration-day-soyinka

I Will Hold a Private Funeral on Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka

Nigerian playwright, Prof. Wole Soyinka, says he will
hold a private funeral the day United States President-elect, Donald Trump, will be inaugurated.

While speaking in Lagos on Monday, Soyinka, revealed that he will hold a private funeral on January 20, 2017 when United States President-elect, Donald Trump, will be inaugurated as President.

While analysing the reaction of Nigerians to his threat to tear his green card, after Donald Trump emerged the US president-elect, Soyinka said; “Why do Nigerians wail louder than the bereaved?” he asked.

“I am embarrassed to occupy the same nation space as some imbeciles and morons. I am planning my Wolexit, which could be internal or external.

“On the day of Donald Trump’s inauguration, I will. have a private funeral keep to mourn the death of
Nigeria’s common sense. If the board agrees (because I do not like to be authoritarian) I will move the residency of my foundation out of the country.”

Wole Soyinka explained that the funeral is not to mourn with the citizens of the US over their choice of president but to mourn the death of Nigeria’s common sense.

He said “Our common sense is totally lost. I am embarrassed sometimes that I occupy the same nation. space with some people,”

He also said Nigerians lack the right to query his personal decision to tear his U.S green card.
Re: I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka by zakim(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2016
hmmm
Re: I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka by DaBullIT(m): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2016
Even though i adore you baba , I can never believe anything you say

You should have torn your green card

That would have doubled my respect for you
Re: I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka by masinga07(m): 10:26am On Dec 15, 2016
He is talking of common sense of the Zombies actually grin
Re: I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day – Soyinka by orisa37: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2016
With Trumps inexperience, we are all waiting to see how he will change the U.S.

(1) (Reply)

Premium Writing Services. / Blind As A Bat (fable Of Traditions) / Problematic Words In Everyday Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.