Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

"76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record (18411 Views)

AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2020 Nominations List / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by ThumbzTNA(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2016
Orikinla:
[s]
I am more Igbo than you and your forefathers.
Look before you leap.[/s]

You are a daft squirrel unqualified to discuss igbo matters in public or private. Bleep outta here afonjoid zombie
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by isaiah9(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
Any link to download the movie
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by junnyjake(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
VcStunner:
that's surely a factor too... but there has to be a good idea for money to project yeah?..
There has been rich producers in the past and now that still produce garbage even with enough money.

The problem has been fear, most producers were scared to invest in order to make quality movie despite being rich. The question had always been, how much of my investment would I get back?

What as proven to be a positive motivation to directors out there is the 'Cinemas' everyone is striving to produce quality films that would make the cinemas. Even at that we still have some whack films on home videos, unfortunately, the ignorants use that as the S.I unit in measuring the growth nollywood has undergone.

Times are changing, even Hollywood itself has undergone changes on its own, I remember watching movies produced in the 80s and 90s, not all were that good and till date I watch some Hollywood movies and hate myself for wasting my time on it. Nollywood needed a change and here it is.

1 Like

Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by Kitiii(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Seconded
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2016
Orikinla:
OP, stop jiving.
'76 is good thriller only by Nollywood standards.
Have you read the review by the Hollywood Reporter?

9. Best Film (West Africa)
Why did it not make Best Film Africa?
so you mean until a movie is rate by Hollywood it's targeted the best right? when will we Africans learn to do our things ourselves instead of waiting for the Whites? It's not as if they care about our movies so why should we force ourselves

1 Like

Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2016
VcStunner:
Good job people... good job

AY's 30days in Atlanta has re-ignited some creativity into our industry. And the trend of cinema-worthy movies is going to even make the competition worthwhile. Nollywood fans have been watching garbage for a long time. Where kids (mostly young girls) actually begin to act up the sh!t they see in those wack movies.
It may take me years, but I am on the verge of bringing something novel to this industry.
Congratulations to Mr. Ojukwu and the E.P. Good job
yea that's a good one from you
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by micfoley: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2017
Orikinla:
OP, stop jiving.
'76 is good thriller only by Nollywood standards.
Have you read the review by the Hollywood Reporter?

9. Best Film (West Africa)
Why did it not make Best Film Africa?

It's is very unfortunate that you can choose to believe the report of the Hollywood reporter which in my opinion is a clear case of undervalueation by colonialists who can never admit that Africans are truly successful at any thing. Do you expect the White man to applaud you for telling your own story succinctly? Hollywood can not appreciate a Nigerian movie because it comes from a place they can never ever understand. The shame goes to the black man who expect s the white man to hail his efforts and inventions for the black to know the value
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by hubdisney: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2018
Hitched Forever
Providing the best wedding cards online with various collection
Get the best 2018 wedding cards design.
Re: "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record by StyleAfos(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monalisa Chinda’s Stage Play "The Concubine” (Photos) / Doyin Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars House / Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.