Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,537 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition (6566 Views)

Scared. A Flash Fiction / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by babyfaceafrica: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2016
No one really read those stories,you can write crap,but as long as you have social media friends ,you will win the first stage..that is crap!!!....what about people who are good story writers but. Do not have social media friends?...its a social media popularity contest...simple!!!

1 Like

Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by Slimpotter(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2016
B2Spirits:

I just don't know why people could be this sentimental. That contest is an attention-seeking ploy of that Etisalat for people to visit their useless site that keeps saying visitors are not protected by entering the site.

One of the winners took his laptop to lecture rooms and asking people to log in with their FB and vote. A contest where you go out asking for votes is more of a political election than a merit award. If don't know what to say about this, you simply shouldn't have spoken at all.
I wonder o.....did wole Soyinka or chinua Achebe become literature professionals by voting
Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by Kebabs(m): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2016
Mr Wole Soyinka, what should he have used?
Hurlstarling:

Read all the stories and come back to read your comment.

By the way, you need an upgrade on your grammars: sentimental was wrongly used.

1 Like

Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by Hurlstarling: 8:25am On Dec 17, 2016
Kebabs:
Mr Wole Soyinka, what should he have used?
Ask me that when you are different from him
Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by elfico(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2016
In my opinion, even if they were to use voting method, they could have handled it differently. For example, instead of putting all the stories on the website and sending the writers the link, I would have loved that they put a few of the stories on the website each day and ask people to read those and vote. That way you get to read a lot of good stories and vote whether you know the author or not. My story was not approved but I went there to read and vote other stories but the sheer volume of it made me stop.

1 Like

Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by elfico(m): 8:56am On Dec 17, 2016
In my opinion, even if they were to use voting method, they could have handled it differently. For example, instead of putting all the stories on the website and sending the writers the link, I would have loved that they put a few of the stories on the website each day (without giving the authors the link) and ask people to read those and vote. That way you get to read a lot of good stories and vote whether you know the author or not. My story was not approved but I went there to read and vote other stories but the sheer volume of it made me stop.

2 Likes

Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by alphamarine009(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2016
grin
Re: To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition by adontcare(f): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2016
Not fair. Literature is far meaningful than just to vote by not reading through. The flash fiction is a popularity contest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help With Self Publishing One Of My Books / Foxy-rebirth --- The Warriors Of The Delta (pidgin English) / Trapped (an Anthology Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.