Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) (1004 Views)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / Is MMM Really Back (the Story Of A Participant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Linda knew she was in trouble, and this time it was her fault, she sat down on the half broken blue chair, the only one in her room and wondered how she had gotten into the trouble, how she had met the trouble, could have gone the other way but instead, she followed the trouble and led it all the way into her very big heart Linda knew she was in trouble, and this time it was her fault, she sat down on the half broken blue chair, the only one in her room and wondered how she had gotten into the trouble, how she had met the trouble, could have gone the other way but instead, she followed the trouble and led it all the way into her very big heart

She had met the trouble only a year back at the university of Benin, it was her first year and it wanted to help with her registration, she should have known then that it was trouble but who would blame her, it didn't look anything like trouble

Months passed by and the trouble wasn't trouble for her, she had kept her distance not intentionally but school work overtook her time and the trouble had stayed away, she had wondered why, maybe because it knew he was trouble

Thinking about it now, Anthony, the trouble, wouldn't have become her trouble if she had not decided that her feelings were controllable, When they became close again, always spending time together, laughing and gisting about things that mattered and things that didn't, he didn't seem like trouble

Until they started holding hands, cuddling, kissing and sharing a bed and then was when the trouble began, at first it didn't really look like much trouble.
"Linda you have to stop now, he has made things clear, you know he doesn't want a relationship, you can't keep sleeping with him" Kemy, her best friend had said with primary stress on the last word
"we are friends, we can't let a little mistake get in between us, we keep each other's company" Linda had replied defensively "what is the worst that could happen anyway, its not like I can fall in love with him" she had replied, ending her sentence with laughter
"hmmm" prophetically "let's wait and see" Kemy had replied

Linda wondered how it all went wrong, she wasn't supposed to feel anything for him, 'For goodness sake' she thought 'he wasn't even her type of guy'
she prefers thin hairy guys, he is so bald and chubby, she likes her guys short with bulgy eyes, he is tall with tiny eyes, she prefers black boys but No! he is as light as a pawpaw, so he looked nothing like trouble and that was where she got it all wrong

After the first few mistakes or sleeping with him' as Kemy would call it, Linda couldnt stop thinking about him and how nice it would be to make few more mistakes with him, she wanted more than just that, wanted recognition, care, to be loved, attention and a relationship but he made it clear he wasnt ready for all that

So he came over to her one room apartment the night before and after making the mistake again, her heart could not take it no more, he was so near but yet far away, he couldn't offer what she wanted so badly and to crown it all, he was not even her type. Right there during the cuddling, she made a decision, enough of trouble

"We can't see again" her mouth had uttered even before her heart could object and it did object
"Why?" he had asked
" We can't keep sleeping together, I don't even like you" she had made another mistake, she lied
"Can't we make it work" he had replied
"You don't even want commitment" she had said hoping to God he would deny that
"I know" he had confirmed again
"I don't like you more than a friend" she told another lie and her heart wept for it
He stood from the little mattress, looking all confused

"OK you don't want me again, can I have a goodbye kiss please" he had asked and that was all it took for her to realize he had been trouble all along, if it was so easy for him to agree to say goodbye, he wasn't even going to argue, not going to refuse to go, he wasn't even going to try to convince her to stay, he has not the slightest feeling of her emotions, maybe he didn't deserve her after all, he deserves an emotionless bird like himself

she wasn't going to make it harder than it was, she stood up, gave him a passionate kiss to haunt his dreams if he has any, and watched him leave
"Are you sure you don't want me again" he asked when he got to the door "say NO and I will stay, say YES and I will leave for good"
As tears filled up her eyes and her voice gone from the pain from her heart, she hardened her face, looked at him in the eyes
"YES" she had replied
"I hope you change your mind" he had added and walked out of the door and her life

As she closed the door behind him, she released the tears she had been holding back, he had brought her trouble, how would she survive without him, she could and she would but it would take sleepless nights, sad mornings, and a lot of strength to fight her heart and forget the times they shared.

The trouble brought trouble to her, disguised as a friend, built up unwanted emotions and left her life like he was getting off a train, no emotion, not even a little feeling .

As she sat on the half broken blue chair, she made up her mind, she would fight and fight until there is no tiny bit of feeling for him, she would live like he never existed, she would contour her mind and thoughts until every bit of him disappears. she would laugh with him if she comes across him at the cafeteria or in class or at the subway

After all it wasn't his fault that she couldn't keep her feelings at bay, or that she wasn't so strong to hold them back, it wasn't his fault that she fell so cheaply to that trouble and brought it right into her very big heart.
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by BiafranBushBoy: 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nice story.... I must say...
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Chumzypinky(f): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
I luv d description! Nyc story OP, i rili luv it lyk kilode, i hope der's more?
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 16, 2016
Chumzypinky:
I luv d description! Nyc story OP, i rili luv it lyk kilode, i hope der's more?
Thanks for the encouragement
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:
Nice story.... I must say...
Thank you
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2016
**Following ASAP**

Seems you have a thing for 'trouble'
Re: CONTOUR - The Story Of A Troubled Heart (a Short Story) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2016
KissChrix:
**Following ASAP**

Seems you have a thing for 'trouble'
it was a sweet trouble

(1) (Reply)

See Why You Should Hire An Editor For Your Manuscript. / Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [teaser] / Poem - Song Of A Coward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.