Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Disappointed.. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Disappointed.. (594 Views)

Elizabeth Odunlami: 'Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi Promised Me Marriage, Disappointed Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disappointed.. by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2016
Hi all,
Well I'm coming towards the end of my second week being a registered user & I must say that it has been a whirlwind!
Since I (for the moment) have an ample amount of time to peruse the site, I have been cruising mostly the "Family" & "Romance" rooms. I was first interested in the "Religion" room (but quickly had to leave...due to too much arguing for my spirit). I sorta like the "Culture" room...but there's so much I don't know about in there. I tried the "Travel" room also. I say all of that to say that I've been disappointed as I've read through so many threads (mainly in Romance room) about certain things that I "thought" Nigerians carried more pride in.
1.) Skin Color-so many guys here are into "light-skin," which is why the females are literally killing themselves
Re: Disappointed.. by RoyalBlak007: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2016
..dont be disappointed.
..blame the C.E.O.
Re: Disappointed.. by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 16, 2016
Page 2

Sorry folks,
Didn't want to overwhelm you guys with so much info. If you read this, it's supposed to come after my firsr post. So let me finish my list.

2.) Size/Shape-I though Nigerian men didn't mind a fuller woman...yet in the "Romance" section, all I see is guys begging for "slim women."
3.) Obsession (with) Money- So many guys complain about the women wanting money...but it seems that the guys want it just as much.
4.) Oversexualization-I though Nigerian men were (for the most part gentlemen).
If I hadn't seen the foreign words (which I don't know the meaning of...I would've thought I was in an American chatroom.
This is NOT a complaint post....I just
am seeing oposite of what I expected....maybe it's just that times have changed..perhaps??
Re: Disappointed.. by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
..dont be disappointed.
..blame the C.E.O.

Oh I'm not too too disappointed. I still like the site overall. I'm not closing the door just yet. I'm gonna keep watching, learning & speaking when necessary!
Re: Disappointed.. by RoyalBlak007: 12:47am On Dec 16, 2016
MsLady39:

Oh I'm not too too disappointed. I still like the site overall. I'm not closing the door just yet. I'm gonna keep watching, learning & speaking when necessary!

.yeah cool..
.i watch and learn as well cool..
Re: Disappointed.. by 5minsmadness: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
MsLady39:
Page 2

Sorry folks,
Didn't want to overwhelm you guys with so much info. If you read this, it's supposed to come after my firsr post. So let me finish my list.

2.) Size/Shape-I though Nigerian men didn't mind a fuller woman...yet in the "Romance" section, all I see is guys begging for "slim women."
3.) Obsession (with) Money- So many guys complain about the women wanting money...but it seems that the guys want it just as much.
4.) Oversexualization-I though Nigerian men were (for the most part gentlemen).
If I hadn't seen the foreign words (which I don't know the meaning of...I would've thought I was in an American chatroom.
This is NOT a complaint post....I just
am seeing oposite of what I expected....maybe it's just that times have changed..perhaps??

You have to be very careful the impression you get on this site. Most of the folk posting stuff are trolling or just being mischecious. It gives them more likes and make them more popular/notorious. I'm surprised you didn't mention the unnecessary insults.

Don'ttake what you see here to heart. The average nigerian is better than this.
Re: Disappointed.. by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2016
5minsmadness:

You have to be very careful the impression you get on this site. Most of the folk posting stuff are trolling or just being mischecious. It gives them more likes and make them more popular/notorious. I'm surprised you didn't mention the unnecessary insults.

Don'ttake what you see here to heart. The average nigerian is better than this.

Hi,
You know what? I forgot to mention the insults!! Wow...is all I can say..some of these folks need to be paid comedians! Luckily, with maturity comes the ability to not "give up" on all, just because of a few (well in this case quite a bit).
I also have to remember that a lot of the folks in here are teens & 20 somethings (& maybe even young kids.....which is scary)
Although I'm not old, I definitely am not a teen or 20 something year old. Well, I still like the site overall. I'm gonna visit other rooms on the
site. If anything, I'm gonna keep reading the
he threads to learn words, hopefully their
meanings, sentence structure!
Re: Disappointed.. by 5minsmadness: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2016
MsLady39:

Hi,
You know what? I forgot to mention the insults!! Wow...is all I can say..some of these folks need to be paid comedians! Luckily, with maturity comes the ability to not "give up" on all, just because of a few (well in this case quite a bit).
I also have to remember that a lot of the folks in here are teens & 20 somethings (& maybe even young kids.....which is scary)
Although I'm not old, I definitely am not a teen or 20 something year old. Well, I still like the site overall. I'm gonna visit other rooms on the
site. If anything, I'm gonna keep reading the
he threads to learn words, hopefully their
meanings, sentence structure!
Lol, good for you. Squeeze the healthy lemon juice out of the lemonade.

You can have a peek at this thread currently going on. Its kind of what we are talking about
https://www.nairaland.com/3521538/what-men-feel-after-divorce/2#52027445
Chick is so badly spoiling for a fight after she was found out, no shame at all grin
Re: Disappointed.. by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 18, 2016
5minsmadness:

Lol, good for you. Squeeze the healthy lemon juice out of the lemonade.

You can have a peek at this thread currently going on. Its kind of what we are talking about
https://www.nairaland.com/3521538/what-men-feel-after-divorce/2#52027445
Chick is so badly spoiling for a fight after she was found out, no shame at all grin

Thanks...I read that lovely conversation... yikes..but what a great "real life" example. You are a pretty good teacher!
Re: Disappointed.. by 5minsmadness: 1:21am On Dec 18, 2016
MsLady39:

Thanks...I read that lovely conversation... yikes..but what a great "real life" example. You are a pretty good teacher!
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Count Me Out Of Partisan Politics, Says President General Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Yoruba Culture And The Left Hand- Oldnaija / Ooni Of Ife Gracefully Humiliated Oba Of Eko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.