Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: (14776 Views)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Promises Upward Review Of Corps Members Allowance / Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul / FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by engineerboat(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2016
The Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, has released the summary of findings on the death of corps member, Oladepo Ifedayo.

Ifedolapo died at NYSC orientation camp in Kano State on November 29 and was laid to rest in her hometown in Osun State.

President Muhammadu Buhari had ordered an investigation into her death.

Dalung on Wednesday made public the findings by the Ministry and NYSC, absolving NYSC of any lapses in the cause of attending to the late corps member.

The report reads in part:

“The national dailies in recent days have been awash with stories on the assumed circumstances surrounding the death of Oladepo Ifedolapo Rachael, a corps member of the 2016 Batch ‘B’ in Kano on 29th November, 2016…

“FINDINGS:

In all of the above, some conclusions could be highlighted without any fear of contradiction.

(i) From the evening of 27th November, 2016 up to the early hours of 29th, the corps member was promptly attended to. The allegation of negligence on the part of NYSC is therefore unfounded.

(ii) The Orientation Camp clinic where the corps member was first treated has a total of 31 qualified and registered Doctors, 20 Pharmacists and 11 Nurses. There are no student Doctors as all the Doctors are fully certified by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).

(iii) The Camp clinic in Kano Orientation Camp, as in all the Camp clinics nationwide, runs 24-hour service, hence she received attention at 3:00 am on the 28th of November when her friends brought her in from the hostel.

(iiii) The Camp clinic in Kano was well stocked with essential drugs for a non-surgical hospital.

(v) There was no delay in referring the deceased to the secondary hospital when the Camp clinic Doctors found that her case was beyond what could be managed in the Camp clinic.

(vi) Apart from being the closest secondary hospital to the Camp, Gwarzo General Hospital is not a village hospital as insinuated in the Press. It is a standard General Hospital established in 1970 as a Zonal Referral Hospital with surgical theatres. It currently has eleven (11) Doctors and is reputed to be one of the busiest in the whole of Kano State.

(vii) We have also established that at no time was the deceased left unattended at the Gwarzo General Hospital as the Nurse who accompanied her to the hospital is a staff of the Hospital.

(viii) Like many corps members do upon arrival at the Camp, it is clear that the deceased had an ailment which she did not disclose. From the Doctors’ report, the corps member died of renal sepsis occasioned by infection. Even to the untrained, Kidney infections do not develop and degenerate to the level of mortality in three days (i.e 27th to 29th November, 2016).

(ix) The close friends of the deceased who were by her side all through at the Camp, have also attested to the fact of prompt attendance at the clinic by the Doctors at the Camp.

(x) The deceased was neither forced nor harassed to take part in any parade at the time of her ailment. There was no usual parade rehearsal since the Swearing-in Ceremony had not taken place at the time she fell sick.

“CONCLUSION:

The purpose of this investigation and report is not to justify the death of our corps member but to establish the facts surrounding her death, especially against the backdrop of the unfounded insinuations that have been peddled in the Press.

“All these facts could be verified right from the Orientation Camp Clinic entries, the medical personnel and the records at the Gwarzo General Hospital. Indeed, the death of a single corps member in the course of service is one death too many.

“Beyond the colossal loss to the family of the deceased, the loss of a corps member to the NYSC family and the nation at large is unquantifiable. At this prime of her life, Miss Oladepo was expected to make her greatest contribution to the development of Kano State and Nigeria in general. She has definitely left a vacuum that may never be filled.

“As we mourn her and other corps members who have departed this world, we shall continue to honour her memory by working harder with the rest of the corps members to achieve the time-honoured objectives of the NYSC.

“May the soul of Oladepo Ifedolapo Rachael and the souls of all other deceased corps members rest in peace Amen.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/15/nysc-minister-sports-releases-investigation-report-death-corps-member-oladepo-ifedalapo

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by feodan: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2016
RIP to the deceased, may Almighty God console her family and friends

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by patchsk(f): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2016
RIP.

But then Buhari is a "failwa"

Hopeless gworo chewing monkey.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Moreoffaith(m): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2016
Dalung? The only investigation that can be done without lies is to call on 100 of corpers in that region and ask them publicly how many qualified doctors,pharmacist and nurses available at the orientation camp clinic.

2 National television station and 6 private TV station like channels,TVC has to be present . Not all this cook up story you printed in your bedroom.

Dalung Karma no get respect o, shey you know.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by effty(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2016
"The Orientation Camp clinic where the corps member was first treated has a total of 31 qualified and registered Doctors, 20 Pharmacists and 11 Nurses. There are no student Doctors as all the Doctors are fully certified by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)."

This is one wonderful lie in a long while. If we had all this personnel, we already have a General Hospital in the camp. God go punish Dalung.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Naijalabel(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2016
NYSC allow her rest in Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcdI4bOecRw

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by firstclassmumu: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2016
Please how much is 150189.59
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2016
patchsk:
RIP.

But then Buhari is a failwa.

If you want to be an effective opposition, you can do better than Buhari is a .....whatever (and you could write in proper English too).

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by sharliz(f): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2016
How does sport affiliate with health smh this Nigeria Sha... They Sha trying to vindicate themselves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Okonsss: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Why not scrap this NYSC of a thing. What a waste of a beautiful girls life. Chai this buhari era sef... I wish I can sleep and wake up in year 2083 and still be young and fresh. I believe Nigeria will have changed then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Philinho(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2016
useless APC report

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by ksstroud: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Dalung, posterity will judge you people...
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by kingphilip(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2016
sharliz:
How does sport affiliate with health smh this Nigeria Sha... They Sha trying to vindicate themselves
He's the minister of youths and sports and not just the minister of sports alone as insinuated by the headlines..

And nysc is under his ministry I guess hence the need to make do the clarity but that shouldn't justify his incompetence though

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Mayour11(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria needs serious prayers o, so that's all they can say about the incident. SMH

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Okonsss:
Why not scrap this NYSC of a thing. What a waste of a beautiful girls life. Chai this buhari era sef... I wish I can sleep and wake up in year 2083 and still be young and fresh. I believe Nigeria will have changed then.

Because if we scrap the NYSC.....we will end up with no doctors, nurses, teachers and other essential professionals in our rural areas.

6 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by LoveJesus87(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2016
E
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Briteiyobo1(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Dalung headed the panel of inquiry, na wao .
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by hotspec(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Aslwert: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
feodan:
RIP to the deceased, may Almighty God console her family and friends
amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
viii) Like many corps members do upon arrival at the Camp, it is clear that the deceased had an ailment which she did not disclose. From the Doctors’ report, the corps member died of renal sepsis occasioned by infection. Even to the untrained, Kidney infections do not develop and degenerate to the level of mortality in three days (i.e 27th to 29th November, 2016).

It is too early to speculate on a cause of death here. In my opinion, it is better to wait for the autopsy, which should be done by a govt and independent pathologist.
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
so dalung is now the health minister?
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by paulstrings(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
As Usual. NO SCAPE GOAT angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by sammyj: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2016
I would have been surprised if this Usel*ess good for n*thing man with red beret comes out a different report. Shameless people who just wasted the life of the poor girl !!!! angry undecided

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by AK481(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
he said they were not student doctor,he didnt say if they were corper doctor or not...

this guy is a snake,an unrepentant venomous black mamba with a red hair.

we no dull na,we sef serve na,we know say doctors for camp na fellow corper,its a different arguement is we say they have adequate experience for non-surgical treatment placing our arguement on having done workmanship and teaching hospital training(which i dont think is enough experience).

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by LessNoise: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
How this man still occupies this job baffles me.....Nothing seems to work under him....Pathetic bastard..the girl is dead there's no justification for it....IDIOTS
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by lollypeezle(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
As expected....

The findings, observations and proven points are one sided.

you don't call this silly list a report, it is a way of reshaping the trashy act performed with corp members life as being good and worthy of commendation which we all know it to be false.

I stand with the bereaved family and still believe the whole fault should be on NYSC and the Ministry of youth and sport as a whole.

The DG in person of General Kazaure kept mum about the whole issue like as if he is no more the DG...Wish it were your family member this happen to

Dalung or what do they call you, You're so incompetent, unworthy of the prestigious post you are handling, you cant manage common NFF, how can you manage Nigerian Youth. Big shame on you.

I commiserate with the bereaved family

God will continue to be with you all.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Goldenprinz(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
They must surely cover their loopholes
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Pottijef(f): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
Mayour11:
Nigeria needs serious prayers o, so that's all they can say about the incident. SMH

I can't do shit for this country
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by vickjoeobi(m): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
I am a beneficiary of the scheme and don't want to be too straight to condemn them.
however, the NYSC scheme camp has never been even qualified as a health center. there are times you will even visit there and you will be required to send someone out of the camp to buy injections and drugs for u.
I feel the government should do more like employing qualified doctors and nurses not just corper doctors and nurses who's interest is on how to relocate. make the camp clinic very condusive and provide basic and necessary needed medication.
I therefore grieve with the families that lost people and pray God give them the fortitude to bear their lost.
#Vickjoe
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2016
effty:
"The Orientation Camp clinic where the corps member was first treated has a total of 31 qualified and registered Doctors, 20 Pharmacists and 11 Nurses. There are no student Doctors as all the Doctors are fully certified by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)."

This is one wonderful lie in a long while. If we had all this personnel, we already have a General Hospital in the camp. God go punish Dalung.

Speaking as a medic who did his NYSC some six years ago.....I can tell you that it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

In my own camp there were at least 25 doctors there. We worked in shifts....so at any given time, there were at least 6 of us there.

I think we also had at least ten pharmacists. I cannot recall the number of nurses.

If you go on NYSC.....you will see the truth of what I have just told you.

Of course....having that high number of doctors does not mean the clinic is well equipped. Serious cases got referred out.(We had 4 during my time).

Keep in mind that this is NYSC camp...where EVERYONE comes together for 3 weeks, before deployment. Once deployment starts, then you will see how small that number really is. (Kano has 45 LGA.....so at least 31 will get one doctor....and some won't get at all)

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by benueguy(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2016
patchsk:
RIP.

But then Buhari is a "failwa"
Hopeless gworo chewing monkey.
That's too harsh, coming from a lady
Re: NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2016
RIP Ifedolapo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Announces 27th June 2019 As 2018 Batch B Stream 1 POP / My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt / Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.