Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Any Browser/platform independent web development tool out there? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Browser/platform independent web development tool out there? (2050 Views)

Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform / Pls I Need Joomsocial Or Any Social Network Development Tool! / Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Browser/platform independent web development tool out there? by Afam(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2005
L & G,

I have a an upcoming project with one of the terms of requirements as the following:

Windows and Macintosh platforms; versions 4.X and above for Netscape and
IE browsers, and current versions of AOL, MSN, and Opera browsers

I am a fan of open source software and have relied on open source web development tool like PHP and have never had a problem (reported to me anyway) with access to any websites I setup using any specific browser or platform.

My question is this -  Is there a development tool out there that guarantees uniform browser/platform independence?

I need to know for sure so as not to believe that all websites setup by me are all browser/platform independent simply because no one has complained about having difficulties in accessing them.

Many thanks for answers and contributions that may follow.
Re: Any Browser/platform independent web development tool out there? by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2005
Dreamweaver works quite well?
Re: Any Browser/platform independent web development tool out there? by Afam(m): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2005
Thanks Seun for the info.

(1) (Reply)

Icon Image On Title Bar Of Client Browser / Web Design Training In ILORIN.Learn how to make money online,on facebook,twitter / I Want To Link An Image To Something. How Do I Do That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.