Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,296 members, 7,860,726 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Old Home Appliances Older Than You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old Home Appliances Older Than You. (771 Views)

Need An Affordable Smart TV's and Home Appliances, Check In Here / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Old Home Appliances Older Than You. by adekalumichael: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2016
I dough my hat whenever I still go to visit my parents and I could see the old home appliances still working. These old people so much cherish their old fridges, TV sets (black and white), radio, pressing iron ( especially Phillip product), speakers (Kenwood) and may more.

Though, I have made an attempt in the past to spoil some of these appliances since we have bought new ones but they keep on telling you the history and genesis of how they struggled to buy them. You can imagine your parents telling you,"I bought that one in the 70's when I was working in Wharf. I bought that one 2 shilling, 3 Naira and so on".

The story is good but we need to move on in life and embrace technological advancement but there seems to be something you cannot take away from these old parents which is their past.

So which of your parents old home appliances is older than you?

Re: Old Home Appliances Older Than You. by Mathematical(f): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2016

Op see you,you forgt sey some grandpa nd grandma dy NL.

(1) (Reply)

Disturbing Things I Do Home Alone On A Saturday / Why Aren’t People Using The Most Effective Method Of Birth Control? / I Don’t Regret Beating My Husband(1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.