Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (20103 Views)

Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens / Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by lonelydora: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2016
They all spent it on MMM
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by chuose2: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2016
haibe:
must u be stupid? Even a secondary school student will understand that its not every time dollar strengthens that it is government's fault..

Since APC enter power the naira don dey dive like say ein dey find missing oil.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by curvilicious: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2016
So? If dollar high spend naira now. Wetin consine me wt dollar inside Naijuria?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by mfujah(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=darknetcom post=51991545][/quote] God bless u... "black market"
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2016
hmmn... very soon, $1 is not enough to buy a bowl of rice... issokay
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2016
Rexnegro:
Hmmm sometimes I wonder if this Country was cursed..na wa o
Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria,what useless corruption is he fighting?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by mfujah(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2016
haibe:
must u be stupid? Even a secondary school student will understand that its not every time dollar strengthens that it is government's fault..
if thunder strike nah buhari.. mmm went on break nah buhari... cultist fight sef onestly nah buhari... help me tell him to go back to school..lol

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by evansjeff(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2016
caniva:
MMM on my mind.
you try get sense small na

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by gbegemaster(m): 7:28am On Dec 17, 2016
Rexnegro:
Hmmm sometimes I wonder if this Country was cursed..na wa o
I wonder if Africa is cursed.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by EagleNest(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2016
If it continues like this...then Buhari should go...He doesn't inspire hope at all.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Onechancearmy(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Dullhari tinz
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Chiedu4Trump: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2016
gbegemaster:
I wonder if Africa is cursed.

Una go put cattle man for power, wetin una expect?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by truthspeaks: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2016
U won't see his shadow here. Neither will u see buhari's economist - dropshot
bigFOOTcaveMAN:
But where is sarkki sef?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by lilprinze: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2016
haibe:
you are saying rubbish. Since APC took power nothing positive has happened to this country. It obvious they got no clue on how to move this country forward, all they do is blame PDP and GEJ for their failure.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Smooyis(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2016
When it was #400 to a dollar early this year, and I told someone that it might reach #500 before the end of of the year, the woman nearly curse me saying I was unpatriotic. But now what are we having.

Again I can say without any reservation that if the government does not change the status quo, we have not seen anything at all. We might be heading to a more free fall of the naira. If I say close to #650 or above in year 2017 now, will people not say I am an alarmist. Well time shall tell cool

The antidote to Nigeria's myriad of problems is true federalism. Nigeria must be restructured. We cannot build on a wrong foundation. It will never stand. shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Chukazu: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2016
even for the month of December that should have greater inflow of dollars?
Buhari has succeeded in strangling this country

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by vislabraye(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2016
When CBN tries to control our firex by force, this us what happens. No one will like to bring dollars only for and change it at the rate of 305 naira or there about wgen the actual cost is N485 .
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by victorazy(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2016
grin not yet 500 grin
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Bonjelomo: 7:40am On Dec 17, 2016
Thanks to those who voted the illiterate..
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by olisaEze(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Music to my ears grin

Where ladyF?

[color=red]**Another FTC!

grin

Gone to Ghana were "the change scam" and mmm is still brand new grin
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2016
Outrageous comment!
Respect our women.
Silkmoth33:

Tell her to leave a spare hole for me, there is always more room for more ppl to join in d shagging grin

I just pulled my car up ur front door, come and let me and my hard-on in. grin
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by unphilaz(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2016
bigFOOTcaveMAN:
But where is sarkki sef?
fg are not to be blamed but sarki
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2016
U just felt like posting grin it's okay!
She actually doesn't give a flying _fuck grin
GenBuhari:
Outrageous comment!
Respect our women.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by victorazy(m): 7:50am On Dec 17, 2016
Alirem:
hmmn... very soon, $1 is not enough to buy a bowl of rice... issokay

So u don't know!

Is called "cursed of the oil"
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2016
Hmmmm...... Na to run go yankee remain now oooo. This country don spoil finish
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by kherlly(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2016
Please i dont wants to buy phone that i will regret oooo just wan close eye buy this once and for all coz naija economy now no need to spend anyhow... How good is infinix hot s?
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by victorazy(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
mfujah:
if thunder strike nah buhari.. mmm went on break nah buhari... cultist fight sef onestly nah buhari... help me tell him to go back to school..lol

Who is the number one citizen?
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Tobitrueman(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Music to my ears grin

Where ladyF?

**Another FTC!
grin I dedicate this again to:
1) Bako tinto[my personal bureau d changer)

And mostly

2) LadyF(the love of my life, she is the one and only lady I will let steal my money) grin even now, she is somewhere still lurking around for sheap bitcoin grin

LadyF's facial expression now

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Firefire(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2016
Smooyis:
When it was #400 to a dollar early this year, and I told someone that it might reach #500 before the end of of the year, the woman nearly curse me saying I was unpatriotic. But now what are we having.

Again I can say without any reservation that if the government does not change the status quo, we have not seen anything at all. We might be heading to a more free fall of the naira. If I say close to #650 now will you not say I am an alarmist. Well time shall tell.

The antidote to Nigeria's myriad of problems is true federalism. Nigeria must be restructured. We cannot build on wrong foundation. It will never stand. shocked shocked shocked

You are absolutely correct.

I was in a conference call with my colleagues in Geneva yesterday and they said Naira will depreciate by another 50% in 2017.

By this projection and if nothing is done USD will exchange for N750.

Reasons is not far from the following:

- The country trade deficits keep increasing
- The country's debt profile is increasing without any payment.
- The last CBN intervention was in June 2016 with forward rate at 280/$.
- Most importers cannot execute their payment as everything ever since has been on standstill.
- Bill of collection, Letter of Credit, and all medium of exchange not honored by Nigerian government.

Let me stop here...

Nigerian current economic crisis is beyond all known economic indicators and solutions.

Let me call out Chief Onatisi, please what do you have to say on this terrible situation brought about by clueless Goverment of APC that are never proactive?

May Almighty God interven in Nigeria.

Shalom!

PS: Ngenekwenu, as a baby economist, you may have one or two objective contribution?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Its not just her that would find such comments offensive. If young men like you conduct yourself like gentlemen , the ladies would would also return the respect. Makes for a more pleasant society.

@topic it only a tiny fall by N2 why push it to FP, it gives impression Naira is crashing. Those blaming Buhari are simply ignorant to the point of thinking like simpletons. Nigeria's woes are simply a result of 17 years of unregulated corruption.

Imagine where we would have been if PDP were still in power?

Even little Boko Haram may have overran the entire country by now, lets not talk of fuel supply , electricity and payment of salaries.

Buhari saved our lives ,but ignorant people cannot see past their noses.
Silkmoth33:
U just felt like posting grin it's okay!
She actually doesn't give a flying _fuck grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances / List Of Nigerian Banks And Their Official Android, iOS & BB Apps / LAWMA Shuts Oyingbo Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.