Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (20099 Views)

Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens / Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2016
What do u know grin
Tobitrueman:

LadyF's facial expression now
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by LOVEGINO(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Please what is Naira n Dollar?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2016
U r not getting it grin

No one _fucking cares cheesy
GenBuhari:
Its not that her that would find such comments offensive. If young men like you conduct yourself like gentlemen , the ladies would would also return the respect. Makes for a more pleasant society.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by bakenda(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2016
May God help us.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by emynike2001(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
The LOOTERS are d ones benefiting from the rise of this foreign currency,

IMAGINE someone in government stole N100million when when dollar exchange rate was N300 to $1. Today if he or she is caught, he can only smile becos he only needs fewer dollars to exchange in d hands of d bureau d change to get more naira as the exchange rate to a dollar has risen.

The same applies to d bureau d change operators out there, they are always readily available to assist our nation's looters.

That is why d government are making some moves to clamp down the bureau d change operators as they also assist in making our currency loss more value in a dwindling economy with a non performing GDP.

2017 will tell better.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by oweman: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=bigFOOTcaveMAN post=51991543]But where is sarkki sef?

Nriyjet Satali mor Buhari did what is today falling the msirs what bafgles e is the reluctance of those who cause this fall daily go on crying as the don't know how the falls came .
Until Nigerians are prepared to give the gangsters that looted the nation the Rawlings treaetment the fall will not stop .
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by oweman: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=bigFOOTcaveMAN post=51991543]But where is sarkki sef?

Nriyjet Satali mor Buhari did what is today falling the msirs what bafgles e is the reluctance of those who cause this fall daily go on crying as the don't know how the falls came .
Until Nigerians are prepared to give the gangsters that looted the nation the Rawlings treaetment the fall will not stop .
The rain has just began .
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2016
The dumb nomad n crew just got DUMBER!
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by 2shur: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2016
my maye wan pay me 3500 today.
dats 1.8 m

men na avalon tins by monday
with double exaust and dvd

thank God for G
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 17, 2016
Well I care.
Because nobody checks you, is not a licence abandon civility and restraint especially in presence of our women.
Silkmoth33:
U r not getting it grin

No one _fucking cares cheesy
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by henryboff(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2016
This is fake news. This is the work of the lawless opposition. Our president has said that One naira must be equal to one dollar. Any bank or bureau de change that is exchanging dollars at any rate other than that which has been declared by our president is committing economic terrorism and should be shut down immediately! The rate is one naira to one dollar by decree of our president.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Tobitrueman(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
What do u know grin

grin

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Just30: 8:25am On Dec 17, 2016
olisaEze:

Gone to Ghana were "the change scam" and mmm is still brand new grin
guy it's not popular no one have heard of them and to be ft rank, Ghanaians already earn 30% on their investments with legitimate banks

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 17, 2016
I have about 6000 pound plus for sale. Interested buyer should contact me
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by onatisi(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2016
Just30:
guy it's not popular no one have heard of them and to be ft rank, Ghanaians already earn 30% on their investments with legitimate banks
Tell dem oo. All these mmm trash cannot make any news in Ghana . I even saw the site and I just laughed ,30ghc40,ghc help!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by erico2k2(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2016
haibe:
must u be stupid? Even a secondary school student will understand that its not every time dollar strengthens that it is government's fault..
So who's fault ?
If the house rent money done get paid who do you hold responsible the mum or the Dad ? ?
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by erico2k2(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
Well I care.
Because nobody checks you, is not a licence abandon civility and restraint especially in presence of our women.
This rant is giving your self headache this is all banter
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2016
Jesu

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by chigoizie7(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2016
Wait till those 41 items initially banned, put their own pressure on dollar by january.

Na that time we go see the real scarcity.

We de run on deficit now wey dem no fit import freely through the ports and boarders. Just imagine them being free to.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by ivandragon: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2016
PMB doesn't just get it...

your sociopolitical & economic direction/policies must balance.

the pressure on the naira is as a result of flawed sociopolitical actions & policies.

no investor/person will feel safe in an environment where the president is fighting on all fronts even when a diplomatic solution is feasible.

if PMB can reduce the political tension, 70% of his governance problems will automatically disappear...

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by DukeDen(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
Its not just her that would find such comments offensive. If young men like you conduct yourself like gentlemen , the ladies would would also return the respect. Makes for a more pleasant society.

@topic it only a tiny fall by N2 why push it to FP, it gives impression Naira is crashing. Those blaming Buhari are simply ignorant to the point of thinking like simpletons. Nigeria's woes are simply a result of 17 years of unregulated corruption.

Imagine where we would have been if PDP were still in power?

Even little Boko Haram may have overran the entire country by now, lets not talk of fuel supply , electricity and payment of salaries.

Buhari saved our lives ,but ignorant people cannot see past their noses.
you call boko haram terrorist "SMALL"where our soldiers have been Dieing because of this same small people.. PDP and APC are all the same,this politicians are all the same starting from the president to the last politican
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2016
And I suppose it's also ur civic duty to stand outside and listen to our moans as we screw each others brains out
GenBuhari:
Well I care.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Reference(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2016
ivandragon:
PMB doesn't just get it...

your sociopolitical & economic direction/policies must balance.

the pressure on the naira is as a result of flawed sociopolitical actions & policies.

no investor/person will feel safe in an environment where the president is fighting on all fronts even when a diplomatic solution is feasible.

if PMB can reduce the political tension, 70% of his governance problems will automatically disappear...

Thank you, I spoke of de-escalation long before the present government was elected and warned against new conflicts and the re-kindling of old ones as affecting the economy and stability of government, but we can see the ideologies of the ruling class which places power guised as 'unity' above development and view the country as a conquered territory. It is a pity that we donot reslise how the 'state of the nation' impinges on the prosperity of its citizens. Basically if you cannot love your neighbour as yourself you cannot prosper.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2016
let it hit 600 insha allah in january 2017.. wink
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:
let it hit 600 insha allah in january 2017.. wink
i Agree! i am not complaining for me the higher the better ! grin
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Reference(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2016
The quality of government is indirectly proportional to the number and intensity of conflicts of whatever kind. It is one of the basis I personally rate leadership and that is why the Yaradua government and the Jonathan government rate higher in my opinion. When you look at the prosperity index of countries all over the world you can correlate them with peace and progress. Let us look at them side by side:

The United States with Mexico. One deals with crime equitably across the political divide, the other murders its criminal citizens while protecting its criminal officials.
Singapore with The Philippines. One treats its religious and ethnic diversity equitably, the other excludes its minorities and has been fighting insurgent wars for decades.
In Africa, the fastest growing economy is Rwanda, that has dealt with its civil war past and respects its citizens who were once called cockroaches.

On the other hand President Assad is winning the war against his own people, crushing them with foreign backed might and brutality. He will win the battle but will lose the war. You donot need a crystal ball to tell you that mass poverty and famine awaits Syria in the decades to come. You donot need a guru to tell you that starvation, not rebellion will put an end to Assad's regime. If you were an investor, whether local or foreign, will you put your money in Syria, no. So political stability by coercion is not a ticket to prosperity but disaster. Rather a negotiated settlement, social justice and the respect for all peoples is the only way to development.

The quality of leadership is thus in the ability to settle conflicts and keep your citizens satisfied and happy. That is the yardstick I use to rate leadership and since this democratic dispensation, Jonathan remains 1, Yaradua 2, Obasanjo 3, and Buhari 4. It is no surprise that the historical state of the economy follows this rating.

If this government can sort out its numerous political, sectional, religious wars it is fighting and igniting all over the place, it will soon discover that it has more than enough resources to prosper the country irrespective of oil prices.

Listening to Nigeria Info this morning, a caller lamented where 'all the money at government's disposal was going'. No subsidy payments, cannot pay salaries properly, is not executing meaningful capital projects, and has barely passed the 30 percent mark in budget execution and yet has borrowed huge amounts (4.5 trillion), has recovered loot and has plugged leakages of all kinds and I said,

There are hidden costs that are not budgetted which this government is spending heavily on: Miscellaneous internal conflicts. Obasanjo met a lower oil price and a worse debt portfolio yet we did not see these massive currency devaluations and economic turbulence in the transition from Abdulsalami to his government.

This government has just got to focus on the big picture, get a fire extinguisher and stop chasing rats. If it reacts to everything PDP, Ipob, MEND and whatever ae doing in these knee jerk manner, it will break this country and spill the tonic that holds the key to its health and prosperity going forward. It is very disapointing indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by erico2k2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
DukeDen:
you call boko haram terrorist "SMALL"where our soldiers have been Dieing because of this same small people.. PDP and APC are all the same,this politicians are all the same starting from the president to the last politican
They are small.was that not what PMB called them during. Campaign and you lot where all cheering !
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Tabbaz(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by yemionline(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
Everything is going to be alright. Maybe not today,but eventually i hope.
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by mfujah(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
victorazy:

Who is the number one citizen?
Buhari.... what is ur point?
Re: Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Banter or not be respectful to our females.
It doesn't even sound funny, just immature.
erico2k2:

This rant is giving your self headache this is all banter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances / List Of Nigerian Banks And Their Official Android, iOS & BB Apps / LAWMA Shuts Oyingbo Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.