Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God (1701 Views)

Sinners Will Cry 'had I Known' / Types Of Sexual Sin; sexual sinners in the bible. / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
Rev. Jonathan Edwards (July 8, 1741), Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, A Sermon Preached at Enfield.

" There is nothing that keeps wicked men at any one moment out of hell, but the mere pleasure of God. "
Most of the sermon's text consists of ten "considerations":

1. God may cast wicked men into hell at any given moment.

2. The Wicked deserve to be cast into hell. Divine justice does not prevent God from destroying the Wicked at any moment.

3. The Wicked, at this moment, suffer under God's condemnation to Hell.

4. The Wicked, on earth - at this very moment - suffer a sample of the torments of Hell. The Wicked must not think, simply because they are not physically in Hell, that God (in Whose hand the Wicked now reside) is not - at this very moment - as angry with them as He is with those miserable creatures He is now tormenting in hell, and who - at this very moment - do feel and bear the fierceness of His wrath.

5. At any moment God shall permit him, Satan stands ready to fall upon the Wicked and seize them as his own.

6. If it were not for God's restraints, there are, in the souls of wicked men, hellish principles reigning which, presently, would kindle and flame out into hellfire.

7. Simply because there are not visible means of death before them at any given moment, the Wicked should not feel secure.

8. Simply because it is natural to care for oneself or to think that others may care for them, men should not think themselves safe from God's wrath.

9. All that wicked men may do to save themselves from Hell's pains shall afford them nothing if they continue to reject Christ.

10. God has never promised to save us from Hell, except for those contained in Christ through the covenant of Grace.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by innobets(m): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
FTC ..
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
This is the old time religion the Christians seek now.

Just like the days of Jonathan Edwards, when thousands were moved by his sermon on hell fire, to the saving hands of Jesus christ.

What manner of folks, moved by a deluded folk, who became so much fixated and enamored with the horrific Jewish doG, that he became hell imagery personified.

A god who is angry, after the fashion of the god of thunder (Sango), that couldn't electrify a street (apologies to Raji Fashola).

2 Likes

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
The younger generation Christians may be lost on this gist.

The earliest Pentecostals Churches sold the rebellious nazarene on this message of sinners in the hands of an angry god.

This message filled their minds with irrational fears and horror. So intense was the effect of this message, that the imagery of hell has not left these folks.

The reason therefore that the summary, of the teachings of these faction of Christianity is the warning against hell fire.

DLC was the pioneer of the message in Nigeria. The obvious reason why the members of this faction haven't changed much over the years. They are very familiar with the angry god.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
The angry god is a coward and weakling

Eschatology is one the religious gimmicks, designed to preoccupy the religious minds with futuristic tales. So that they will be under the illusion of something bigger than them.

With this, they hope for an illusionary bliss, that they looked forward to easing the challenges that be in the world.

According to the legend...

* in the heaven, Satan poked god face, god couldn't handle Satan

* in the garden, Satan took over Adam and Eve, yet god couldn't handle Satan.

* in Rome, Satan executed the rebellious nazarene, god abandoned the rebel. Satan had a spectacular show of the rebel.

*in 21st century, Satan has been tormenting the followers of the rebellious nazarene, god is hiding, and promising apocalyptic intervention.

Religious folks are dupes!
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
Most of the religious profiteers, who heads various psychedelic Pentecostals coven, were converts of the angry god gists.

But due to their intense romance with pleasure and merry, afforded them by the proceeds of fraudulent seeds, from the gullible folks, the grip of the hell horror and the angry Jewish doG, has reduced.

These profiteers, who now luxuriate in obscene wealth, now know that the angry god gist, is a psychological trick. That's the reason for their material acquisitions, with reckless abandon.

Some of them now believe, that heaven and hell are here on earth. Just that they don't let their sheepmaniacs hear it.

1 Like

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Pastafarian: 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
interesting
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
For the folks that are fettered by the angry god gist, it's a pity that they have equally suffered mental shredding.

If not, they ought to have asked the angry god, why it didn't direct its anger towards Satan, that first sprayed pepper in its eyes, right in its house.

They need ask the angry coward, why it didn't consume Satan with its anger, after Satan messed up its creatures.

Only those that will be mentally reconfigured, will be able to know that, the hell gist, is all myths and bad jokes.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
I love the angry God. Sure He loved me first in Christ
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Pastafarian: 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
akintom thinks too deeply to be on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
One of the captives of the angry god, just gave credence to the many heinous effects of romancing a weird and angry scarecrow.

The captives are poisoned with venom of the angry god, like rabies symptoms, they are rabidly angry at normal folks, who don't subscribe to their idiocy.

*they will slap an innocent girl, because their angry bishop saw a witch, albeit under hallucinations.

*harass and disturb folks quietude in the neighborhood, bus, schools etc.

*abandon children and aged women to suffering, because they are angry at imaginary witches.

*cause children to suffer hunger, in the name of fasting, because they are angry at biological flesh.

Scary folks they are....

2 Likes

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
I love the angry God. Sure He loved me first in Christ
one of the key traits of religion is that the prevalence of reality (or if you like, “evil”) rarely disturbs the description of “all powerful and all-knowing” that is bestowed upon their God or Allah or whatever. Did you defeat your addiction to alcohol or drugs? God or Allah helped you do that. Why are children still starving to death in Somalia and Sudan? Its God's or Allah's plan to “test the faith” of their parents. Jesus or the Mahdi is going to come to put an end to all of that because Satan and disbelief is responsible for all of that. A perpetual, irrational hope via the suspension of reality is offered for the lack of answers. In most cases, human beings have taken it. Nobody asks why beating the addiction woes of a handful of people was deemed more important for the deity or savior or leader than the life-and-death struggle of millions of emaciated children. So a bumper crop or high industrial yield achieved by farmers or workers? Credit to Stalin! Police picks me up in the middle of the night to be taken to be starved and worked to death Stalin can't have known. Stalin still loves me.

2 Likes

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Pastafarian: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
someone like Piggin2 for instance fears her god so much that she'll kill millions for him if he tells her to
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
Deicide:

one of the key traits of religion is that the prevalence of reality (or if you like, “evil”) rarely disturbs the description of “all powerful and all-knowing” that is bestowed upon their God or Allah or whatever. Did you defeat your addiction to alcohol or drugs? God or Allah helped you do that. Why are children still starving to death in Somalia and Sudan? Its God's or Allah's plan to “test the faith” of their parents. Jesus or the Mahdi is going to come to put an end to all of that because Satan and disbelief is responsible for all of that. A perpetual, irrational hope via the suspension of reality is offered for the lack of answers. In most cases, human beings have taken it. Nobody asks why beating the addiction woes of a handful of people was deemed more important for the deity or savior or leader than the life-and-death struggle of millions of emaciated children. So a bumper crop or high industrial yield achieved by farmers or workers? Credit to Stalin! Police picks me up in the middle of the night to be taken to be starved and worked to death Stalin can't have known. Stalin still loves me.
God is love. There isnt any true compassion outside of Him.

So why would God care about your selfish and corrupted version of love and or hate? smiley

Fyi, God does not love everyone. Else He would save all... realise you are only blabbing
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:

So why would God care about your selfish and corrupted version of love and or hate? smiley

Fyi, God does not love everyone. Else He would save all... realise you are only blabbing
So a bumper crop or high industrial yield achieved by farmers or workers? Credit to Stalin! Police picks me up in the middle of the night to be taken to be starved and worked to death Stalin can't have known. Stalin still loves me.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Ranchhoddas: 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:

And I'm guessing you think you are among the loved ones; at least that would explain the 'elect' in your moniker. Joker.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
Deicide:

So a bumper crop or high industrial yield achieved by farmers or workers? Credit to Stalin! Police picks me up in the middle of the night to be taken to be starved and worked to death Stalin can't have known. Stalin still loves me.
God does not care about the worship or praise of wicked men for what they do they do in vain
God owes no man anything, even our very lives are like toys in God's hands.

Labour all you want. If your labour is outside Christ, your works are dead before God.

We that have found favour in God's eyes for no reason of ours, are we not to be eternally grateful? smiley

1 Like

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
And I'm guessing you think you are among the loved ones; at least that would explain the 'elect' in your moniker. Joker.
grin I am a fool for Christ's sake
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
God does not care about the worship or praise of wicked men for what they do they do in vain
God owes no man anything, even our very lives are like toys in God's hands.

Labour all you want. If your labour is outside Christ, your works are dead before God.

We that have found favour in God's eyes for no reason of ours, are we not to be eternally grateful? smiley
I can see That you are Really brain washed by Your religion and can't be saved... It a Good thing sha it seems like without religion you would break n i wouldn't wanna do that to you..
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by akintom(m): 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example, or motivate you to find solutions to problems.
But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm your physical and mental health.

Jewish doG has been held bound by anger for about 6000 years now. That's a sufficient time for anger to have damaged its system completely.

Its blood pressure burst and it developed stroke. Got its leg and hand withered. The reason it couldn't hold the roof of the collapsed church, like the Spiderman it claimed it is.
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Ranchhoddas: 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
grin I am a fool for Christ's sake
Osheyy. What doctrine do you even subscribe to, as I observe you are at loggerheads with every other brand of Christianity... ?
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
Deicide:

I can see That you are Really brain washed by Your religion and can't be saved... It a Good thing sha it seems like without religion you would break n i wouldn't wanna do that to you..
embarassed The wisdom of men is the greatest curse on mankind
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Pastafarian: 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2016
akintom:
Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example, or motivate you to find solutions to problems.
But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm your physical and mental health.

Jewish doG has been held bound by anger for about 6000 years now. That's a sufficient time for anger to have damaged its system completely.

Its blood pressure burst and it developed stroke. Got its leg and hand withered. The reason it couldn't hold the roof of the collapsed church, like the Spiderman it claimed it is.

imaginary friends and powerlessness be like 1 and 2

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 11:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
embarassed The wisdom of men is the greatest curse on mankind
At least I'll rather have wisdom than be a fool for an imaginary creature...
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 12:01am On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

I am a fool for Christ's sake wink
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Pastafarian: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

especially not a Pathetic creature that is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

why would I be a fool for such a nonsensical deity?

1 Like

Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 12:05am On Dec 17, 2016
An2elect2:
I am a fool for Christ's sake wink
Christ is not a name it's a Title in case you don't know the first Christ in the Bible Was Moses...
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 12:07am On Dec 17, 2016
Pastafarian:

especially not a Pathetic creature that is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

why would I be a fool for such a nonsensical deity?
It's funny how his followers have the same characteristics as Him grin
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 12:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

Christ is not a name it's a Title in case you don't know the first Christ in the Bible Was Moses...
grin Are you trying to be 'foolish' too. Your 'wisdom' is getting in the way
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by Deicide: 12:13am On Dec 17, 2016
An2elect2:
grin Are you trying to be 'foolish' too. Your 'wisdom' is getting in the way
Or i forgot you we're the Naive Girl my bad...
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by An2elect2(f): 12:20am On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

Or i forgot you we're the Naive Girl my bad...
Only "naive" people have the wisdom of God which is outside your reach.

You think a jealous God would want to let a proud man into His hidden secrets. He would have to share His glory then grin

So everyone who must know God must first be reduced to nothing in this world. You must be a fool to obtain wisdom
Re: Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God by otemanuduno: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2016
God Almighty, the UNIVERSE has never been angry and can never be. Only the gods like Vishnu, Yahweh(the stubborn), Allah(the cruel), Moloch(the fierce), Eshu(the cunning) and thousands others can be angry. Their father is never and can never be angry.

An2elect2, take note.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dream Interpretations- How Real Are Your Dreams? / Pope: Other Christians Not True Churches / What Can Be Said To Be Definitely Known About Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.