Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 (3344 Views)

Pictures From The Final Of Copa Lagos Beach Soccer 2013 / Sand Eagles: Nigeria's Beach Soccer Team / Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by buffead(f): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2009
and nigeria is taking on brazil 2morroww
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2009
@buffhead,

Thanks for starting this thread but next time try to provide more information. Remember a lot of people depend on NL for information especially when it comes to Nigerian Sports.  wink

Could you provide us with the table, fixtures etc? Thanks.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2009
Disastrous start for Sand Eagles

Nigeria's Super Sand Eagles made a disastrous start to their Beach Soccer World Cup campaign, losing 11-5 to Brazil on the competition's opening day.

It did not look like it was going to finish that way when Isiaka Olawale stunned the South Americans by scoring after just 47 seconds.

Brazil did not take long to brush the impetuousness aside, as Sidney levelled the scores six second later, and Bueno edged them in front.

Buru then missed a double chance, only to see Nigeria find parity with Victor Tale. Benjamin restored order for Brazil and then the multiple world champions opened daylight with goals from Andre and Daniel to make it 5-2 at the end of the first period.

The second period was all Brazil, with Bruno adding a sixth and Sidney making it seven after Daniel and Souza had both stuck the woodwork.

Four more goals, including a brace for Bruno to complete his hattrick and one each for Daniel and Betinho in the third period put the game truly beyond sight for the Nigerians.

Tale, Olawale and Ikechukwu Ibenegbu found goals for Nigeria as the game wound down, but there was to be no fightback and Brazil claimed the win.

Nigeria will now look to other group D rivals Switzerland and Bahrain for hopes of progress.

The Swiss won their opening game against Bahrain and are second.

Nigeria play Switzerland in the second game of the group, after Brazil play Bahrain.
Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12280
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by mukina2: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2009
Some Pics from Nigeria- Brazil grin grin
Sidney of Brazil is challenged by Isiaka Olawale of Nigeria

Andre of Brazil is challenged by Ogbonnaya Okemmiri and Gabriel Agu (9) of Nigeria

Buru of Brazil shoots

Ogbonnaya Okemmiri of Nigeria challenges Sidney of Brazil

Brazilian players celebrate after scoring a goal against Nigeria

The Nigeria team line up

Brazil's goalkeeper Mao (L) tries to prevent Gabriel Agu of Nigeria from scoring

Benjamin (L) of Brazil vies with Isiaka Olawale of Nigeria

The Brazil team line up
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by mukina2: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
Pics from Ivory Coast- El Salvador

Muller Kouame of Ivory Coast celebrates

Agustin Ruiz of El Salvador scores past Boris Enam of Ivory Coast

The El Salvador team line up

Tomas Hernandez of El Salvador scores past Didier Kabletchi of Ivory Coast

The Ivory Coast team line up

Israel Garay of El Salvador is challenged by Bassiriki Ouattara, Kouassitchi Daniel and Ludovic Ehounou of VIV

Walter Torres of El Salvador (L) vies for the ball with Frederic Aka (R) of Cote d'lvoire

Elias Ramirez of El Salvador (C) vies for the ball with Fredreic Aka of Cote d'lvoire
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by riversman: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
Na by force to play Beach Soccer?? Geez, this country always amazes me wit the foolishness,
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by Ibime(m): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
riversman:

Na by force to play Beach Soccer?? Geez, this country always amazes me wit the foolishness,

hehehehehehe
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by GTay(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
Why to the players look so Oooooooooooooooooooooold shocked Jeez look at the Brazilian guy wit the moustache!
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by Kx: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
Switzerland again!.
Naija beach eagles lost yet again to swiss 2 to 7 (or there about)

The news however is that nigeria is parading the youngest player in the tourny.
A 15 yr old guy.
The question is if dis guy is good,why was he not in the under 17 squad?
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by paddylo1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2009

u the one exposing your foolishness,we qualified from africa so whats the big deal,its now a FIFA recognized sport so let those with the talent play,everything is not govt this govt that,i watched the games and the players seem committed
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by Ajike: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2009
encouragement na need. stop condeming all d time
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by olalekan1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2009
I cant even feel it to be a sport. So Nigeria too dey play beach soccer
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
Watch it and you will love it. wink
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by bandely(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
GTay:

Why to the players look so Oooooooooooooooooooooold shocked Jeez look at the Brazilian guy wit the moustache!
lol grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by koolchicco: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
Which kind old players be this

Abi na only Retired Police officers dey our team?
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by semid(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2009
Beach soccer is lovely and very enjoyable. It reminds me of the 3 -A-side mönkey post I used to play back in the days.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by slimes(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2009
As Africa's Champions, I expected more from them though Brazil isn't a novice.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by proudly9ja(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
Incase you guys don't know, Nigeria won the African competition in SA and we are representing Africa as champions. The players in the team play for local clubsides as far as I know. At least I know of Okemiri (who once played for Enyimba) and Isiaka Olawale. My problem with the team is that we have been going with almost the same set of players since we started attending 3 or 4 competitions back. I know Isiaka Olawale, Okemiri and the goal keeper, Isa have always been in the team. Maybe its time we gave other guys a chance.

Its all good though. I pray we win the next match.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by dominique(f): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
the beach eagles (do they even have a name undecided) are the kings of beach soccer on the continental level and always fail to impress in the world cup sad. i was hoping this year was going to be different sad
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by manmustwac(m): 1:31am On Nov 18, 2009
nigeria lost 7 2 to switzerland. The first goal coming in the first 3 seconds, we were 4 0 down in the first 6 mins and ended up losing 7 2. We have now eliminated from the competition
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by azeeza(f): 8:37am On Nov 18, 2009
Posted by: manmustwac

nigeria lost 7 2 to switzerland. The first goal coming in the first 3 seconds, we were 4 0 down in the first 6 mins and ended up losing 7 2. We have now eliminated from the competition

Oh not again shocked
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by sammytb(m): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2009
well,,,,,,,,,,, d beach soccer is not our birthright, so we should come back home, so those g\uys tried.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2009
The boys are out. So early? shocked

But no shakes, we will try harder next time.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by Nezan(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^ Yap, hard luck next time.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2009
^^^You mean good luck? tongue
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by koolchicco: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
uae 0- 2 uruguay
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by yousouph(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
We are continental yampion but the rest of the world have been have playing beach ball for a long time. But our performance isn't better than the last competition.
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
is that to say no one saw us rape Bahrain 9-3 yesterday ? shocked
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
which one be beach soccer?

and why are we gettin fcked bck left right,front and center like this

who are the players sef
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by mamagee3(f): 1:08am On Nov 24, 2009
Who even watches that joke of a sport? undecided
Re: Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup Dubai 2009 by FBS: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2009
Lots of people do. And it ain't no joke. tongue cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dele Alli, Born To A Nigerian Father.given Away At 13. Now England's Rising Star / Pls Can Someone Help On How I Can Fund My Nairabet Account / Bet Clan Daily 2-5 Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.