Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Dear Old Heart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear Old Heart (414 Views)

Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? / DEAR 2018: Share Your Hopes For 2018 / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Old Heart by jaycass50: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
This one is for all those lost in love

I owe you a tear, Dear old heart. If you ever ache or writhe in the pain of the lies we told ourselves over pillowtalks and cold nights; offsprings of the truth we choose to ignore.
Yet I stand by thee, aware of the mist we have found ourselves, self -willed; guided by her smile.
I know of your wishes to re-live that moment, the night at the rooftop when time played safe and stayed still as she peeked us and whispered softly "sleep please".
I know still of your cowardly move, to peel away and forget, but then each time I star gaze and you see her beautiful smile in the sky.
I know too of your wish, that she may be able to peer through your mind and see that it is just her and we truly care. Still not a guarantee that she might love back.
Dear heart, it might be a while till we speak again, am g
oing away with logic and reasoning and give you time to sort things out, those two will just get in the way, if I let them stay. I hope to hear of your conquest of love next time we get to talk.
Stay blind as you have always been.

Love, The human mind.

You can also check out other exciting posts by me @ naunaknow.
Re: Dear Old Heart by jaycass50: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Comments and criticism will be duly appreciated please

(1) (Reply)

Ejiofor Mesi Natawa Nigeria - Based On A TRUE STORY On Fraud In Nigeria / The Fight / Read This Poem By Dennis A.E Whose Mentor Is The Late A.E Housman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.