Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? (1995 Views)

Atheist Richard Dawkins: Getting Rid Of God Would Make World Less Moral / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by PDBonline: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
He was asked how life began, he said he doesn't know and no one knows.
Then asked his thought on intelligent design he says it's a possibility that some alien with higher intelligence than human may have seeded life on earth and of course [assuming the alien isn't God] it must have come from somewhere somehow. Just wondering why God is not a possibility, but an alien that must also have an origin from somewhere is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxkQNP2NkCk
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by barapistis(m): 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
the arc atheist of nl who hve been talking shit about intelligent design needs to see this,the same person started nl a long time ago but missed it along the line...even the nl he sleeps n wake up with is full of bugs...yet he sees Jesus as unintelligent...does nl itself look like an intelligent design
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
I am sorry to say but this thread shows ignorance...

Richard dawkins is a scientist and he acknowledges that he doesnt know how life started just like any scientist would do but he also has hypotheses just like every other person.

He obviously doesnt rule out the possibility of some intelligent alien race seeding earth with life but he also knows that if that was the case, then that intelligent alien race would also need to explain where they came from, they cannot just come out of nowhere(like the way theists claims about God).

So he is very open-minded and very logical, you cant claim that if life was created by a certain creator, then it means the creator had no creator, that is very illogical and plainly mischievous, if truly there was a creator, then that creator should also have had to come from somewhere.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:
I am sorry to say but this thread shows ignorance...

Richard dawkins is a scientist and he acknowledges that he doesnt know how life started just like any scientist would do but he also has hypotheses just like every other person.

He obviously doesnt rule out the possibility of some intelligent alien race seeding earth with life but he also knows that if that was the case, then that intelligent alien race would also need to explain where they came from, they cannot just come out of nowhere(like the way theists claims about God).

So he is very open-minded and very logical, you cant claim that if life was created by a certain creator, then it means the creator had no creator, that is very illogical and plainly mischievous, if truly there was a creator, then that creator should also have had to come from somewhere.

And what if the creator existed before time, space and matter?
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

And what if the creator existed before time, space and matter?

Thats the exact reason why he regrets that kind of creator in the first place...a creator who cant explain his beginnings, cant be experimentally tested and frankly there is no prove or suggestion that such a being exist or can even exist.

Which scientist would base his hypothesis on such an incredible and unrealistic claim?

2 Likes

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

Thats the exact reason why he regrets that kind of creator in the first place...a creator who cant explain his beginnings, cant be experimentally tested and frankly there is no prove or suggestion that such a being exist or can even exist.

Which scientist would base his hypothesis on such an incredible and unrealistic claim?

Go and study the origin of time.
Scientists admit time has a beginning.

And Anything outside time can exist without a creator.
And clearly the bible makes us understand that God was there before time began.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Go and study the origin of time.
Scientists admit time has a beginning.

And Anything outside time can exist without a creator.
And clearly the bible makes us understand that God was there before time began.

Ofcourse the majority scientific consensus is that time had a beginning but your conclusion is plainly illogical.

Please i want you to tell me with clear explanation how anything outside time can exist without a creator!
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

Ofcourse the majority scientific consensus is that time had a beginning but your conclusion is plainly illogical.

Please i want you to tell me with clear explanation how anything outside time can exist without a creator!

Simple,
Creation is a time based concept.
Nothing is created without time.

I hope i am not sounding too high?
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Simple,
Creation is a time based concept.
Nothing is created without time.

I hope i am not sounding too high?

Do you really think you are making any logical sense?

I dont even think you understand the concepts in which you are assuming high intellectual prowess!

From a physics point of view, can you explain what time is?
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

Do you really think you are making any logical sense?

I dont even think you understand the concepts in which you are assuming high intellectual prowess!

From a physics point of view, can you explain what time is?

Sorry.
I knew it will be hard for u.

Time is the basic unit for anything, including creation.

Its the commodity upon which evry other component of the universe rests.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry.

That's matter not time.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry.

Lol

Did you think you did anything with that post?, i asked to define it in physics terms and since you cant do that oh high intellectual guru, i would ask a simpler question, what do you define has creation?
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
LightandDarkness:

That's matter not time.

Nah.
Time comes before matter.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

Lol

Did you think you did anything with that post?, i asked to define it in physics terms and since you cant do that oh high intellectual guru, i would ask a simpler question, what do you define has creation?

Just say its hard.

For "creation", i will suggest u use dictionary.

I was only explaining time and how nothing is ever created without it.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Nah.
Time comes before matter.

However what you defined is matter.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Just say its hard.

It's not "hard" go on and find a scientific definition of time if you want. It's definitely not what you said
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
LightandDarkness:

However what you defined is matter.

Nah.
Even matter exists in time.
And I said everything rests on it in my definition. Everything does not exist in matter.
Rather everything, including matter, exists in time.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
LightandDarkness:

It's not "hard" go on and find a scientific definition of time if you want. It's definitely not what you said

I hear u.
sad
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by donnffd(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Just say its hard.

Time is the measurement of events in sequence and it also quantifies that rate of change of quantities in material reality.

The idea that time had a beginning is gotten from the concept of relativity where space and time is interwoven into one cloth and time is just a temporal dimension of the spacetime continuum. Since spacetime is expanding, it means it must have started from somewhere hence the idea of time had a beginning.

Your statement about how something outside spacetime has no creator is a very nonsensical idea because spacetime is all there is and know, so how you can make a claim like that is just beyond comprehension, and the fact that something can exist is a direct function of its ability to occupy space and experience time, so a being which is spaceless and timeless is by definition non-existent.

Now i am ready to concede this and state i am wrong when you bring me evidence that something that is spaceless and timeless can and do infact exist, then we can have a reasonable conversation until then, stay curious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Nah.
Even matter exists in time.
And I said everything rests on it in my definition. Everything does not exist in matter.
Rather everything, including matter, exists in time.

Everything exists in spacetime which does not mean time " is the basic unit for anything, including creation" which is not the case, that would be matter and atoms. And neither does it mean "Its the commodity upon which evry other component of the universe rests" that's spacetime not time in itself.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

Time is the measurement of events in sequence and it also quantifies that rate of change of quantities in material reality.

The idea that time had a beginning is gotten from the concept of relativity where space and time is interwoven into one cloth and time is just a temporal dimension of the spacetime continuum. Since spacetime is expanding, it means it must have started from somewhere hence the idea of time had a beginning.

Your statement about how something outside spacetime has no creator is a very nonsensical idea because spacetime is all there is and know, so how you can make a claim like that is just beyond comprehension, and the fact that something can exist is a direct function of its ability to occupy space and experience time, so a being which is spaceless and timeless is by definition non-existent.

Now i am ready to concede this and state i am wrong when you bring me evidence that something that is spaceless and timeless can and do infact exist, then we can have a reasonable conversation until then, stay curious.

Exactly, it's impossible to say if time has a a beginning because we can't actually know what existed or happened before the big bang as the big bang was the beginning of spacetime as WE know it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Everything exists in spacetime which does not mean time " is the basic unit for anything, including creation" which is not the case, that would be matter and atoms. And neither does it mean "Its the commodity upon which evry other component of the universe rests" that's spacetime not time in itself.

The summary: nothing is created outside time.
Lets not swim too far into linguistics.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

The summary: nothing is created outside time.
Lets not swim too far into linguistics.

This is physics not linguistics..

1 Like

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
donnffd:

U have only but landed on the spot where i left you.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by felixomor: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
LightandDarkness:

This is physics not linguistics..

Exactly, but it would soon become linguistics due to somebody's dishonesty.
Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by akintom(m): 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
Bunch of apologists here, are mischievously ignorant, when it comes to scientific culture and orientation.

They are irredeemably arrogant to accept this fact. That's the reason they continue to spread their pitiable limitations here.

What do one do with folks, that can't derive comprehensive perception of a standard thought pattern.

1 Like

Re: So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? by Seun(m): 11:04am On Dec 19, 2016
barapistis:
the arc atheist of nl who hve been talking shit about intelligent design needs to see this
Richard's speculation doesn't support the notion that every creature on the earth was intelligently designed. It only addresses abiogenesis.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe / How To Join Sachiel Order Without Street And Solve All Life Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.