Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? (18287 Views)

Contract Staff To Full Staff In A Bank / How To Apply For Inec Adhoc Staff Job / Elizade University Academic And Non-teaching Staff Job Recruitment (33 Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by queenfav(f): 9:44am On Dec 19, 2016
You cannot live in lagos with 85k salary and expect to have savings. Except he is not spending much on transportation.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by atirolu(m): 9:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Akwa ibom is better

Peace of mind going to work

More money will be save while ur contract last compare to lagos where half is going on accommodation and transportation

Beautiful akwa ibom girls at ur disposer

Zero noise pollution

Greater opportunity with after contract expired

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by InfinixMine: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Pls I need a job, pls if you can help me... thanks in advance.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2016
hmmm
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by effty(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:

Thank you for your response.

The job is in uyo... Any idea how much a self contain goes for in those parts so i can equally use same to advise him.
Btw 100k-150k will get him a good self-contained along any of the major axis in Uyo.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Orikinla(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Lagos is the best place to be in Nigeria.
Ask DANGOTE.

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Thank you mods for pushing this to FP.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by lonelydora: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:
Hello all.

Please help a friend of mine decide:

He has just been offered a bank job in akwa ibom state, however its a contract job in a commercial banks IT department with a salary of 95,000. Also, he comes from Akwa Ibom.

Thing is he currently employed here in Lagos as a full staff and earns 85,000. however he doesn't enjoy the job.

Now should he stick with this 85k job or take up the 95k job offer knowing how bank contract staff are usually treated, but how stress free akwa ibom is.

#No insults please.

Since he's not enjoying his current job, let him move to the new job. There's nothing greater than job satisfaction.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by DonHummer(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2016
guy before making move, ask questions about the new place, if possible try finding out why that position is vacant in the first place,./....\
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2016
queenfav:
You cannot live in lagos with 85k salary and expect to have savings. Except he is not spending much on transportation.

He spends 30k on tfare
And Vi food is usually expensive which is where he works
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2016
EXICON:
Let him pick up the bank IT job.
He will enjoy it. I once worked as a Regional IT support staff in one of the banks in Akwa Ibom State.

BTW, what outsourcing IT company is he coming from?
Regards.

Hdsgroup Sir
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by ETHIX(m): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2016
Please tell that your friend that the grass is not greener on the other side.

I have worked in uyo and lagos and worked in that industry. The costransmission of living in uyo is the highest in Nigeria. However going into bank contract job is not good at all. They WILL fire him after few years and he won't be able to get a good job in uyo. Forget it that he came from uyo. This is not a good criteria.

If he doesn't like his present job let him start the bank job he will regret leaving is current job.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2016
ETHIX:
Please tell that your friend that the grass is not greener on the other side.

I have worked in uyo and lagos and worked in that industry. The costransmission of living in uyo is the highest in Nigeria. However going into bank contract job is not good at all. They WILL fire him after few years and he won't be able to get a good job in uyo. Forget it that he came from uyo. This is not a good criteria.

If he doesn't like his present job let him start the bank job he will regret leaving is current job.

Thank you

Thank you for your comment.
he intends on cycling back to Lagos after a few months and doesn't intend being there for long
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Shaddle2016(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2016
He should take up the contract work BCS the full time job is doing is not peaceful and he should make he is using the money from the contract to start his own personal business. He should not eat all his money from the contract to make him self become a self employed.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by queenfav(f): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:

He spends 30k on tfare
And Vi food is usually expensive which is where he works
What is he still waiting for? Let him move kia kia! There is no point working if at d end of d day u can't save something reasonable from your salary.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by optimismlaz(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2016
85k is the choice
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2016
Chriswazo:
op you have already answered your question well. You said and I quote, he does not like the Lagos job and 2, Akwa ibom is stress free meaning Lag is very stressful for him. My Igbo people will say "Eche ga ihu, echekwa ga azu" what am trying to say is you think front and back before jumping into conclusion. He should think of the job security too, Banks are unpredictable o, they can wake up tomorrow to do retrenchment, he should know better.

You have said it all
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by mecussey(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:
Hello all.

He has just been offered a bank job in akwa ibom state, however its a contract job in a commercial banks IT department with a salary of 95,000. Also, he comes from Akwa Ibom.

Thing is he currently employed here in Lagos as a full staff and earns 85,000. however he doesn't enjoy the job.

Now should he stick with this 85k job or take up the 95k job offer knowing how bank contract staff are usually treated, but how stress free akwa ibom is.

#No insults please.

If to say mmm dey na...u for go akwaibom..plan your 12 months exit with mmm...then go start ur own biz and start counting in millions. That was why Nigeria was fighting and the rich were envious bc...they want you to be in slavery forever.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by maj007(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:
Hello all.

#No insults please.

Which company in Lagos is offering the 85K and where is it located?

Financially, the job in Akwa Ibom might look better; contract status notwithstanding.

However, the big disadvantage is moving away from Lagos. I don't what Akwa Ibom has to offer in terms of career opprotunity but in Lagos opportunities abound.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Flaghouse1: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2016
My candid advice, stay put with your current job,and in the same vein look up for better paid full time jobs in lagos as the carrier prospects for contract job is very slim unless you are extremely lucky.

The. Company you are working for presently what's thier line of business ?
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 10:10am On Dec 19, 2016
queenfav:
What is he still waiting for? Let him move kia kia! There is no point working if at d end of d day u can't save something reasonable from your salary.

Am telling you.
Also he commutes BTW via and ajah.
And I hear the traffic in DAT axis is killing.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by fippycbk(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2016
I'd even take a 70k job in Uyo as against the 85k job in Lagos sef. I have my reasons.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Ennamdee(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2016
The grass is not always greener on the other side!

Make no mistake, NGN10,000 difference is not enough to make you leave a full staffed position for a contract staffed position. Be reminded that as a contract staff, there are limits to what benefits you can get, and this "contract" is for a period of time...so what happens when the period lapses?

My friend, Stay in Lagos and face the challenges..it can only make you better!

3 Likes

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by calabaman(m): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2016
Ennamdee:
The grass is not always greener on the other side!

Make no mistake, NGN10,000 difference is not enough to make you leave a full staffed position for a contract staffed position. Be reminded that as a contract staff, there are limits to what benefits you can get, and this "contract" is for a period of time...so what happens when the period lapses?

My friend, Stay in Lagos and face the challenges..it can only make you better!

thank you for your response
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by bellville: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2016
Bros abeg let friend stick to his Lagos job o. The regional IT support title means nothing. It's the typical support work with no prospect of being converted to full staff. He may be stuck there for many years. Two people close to me took up exactly the same role for many years. No salary increment, no benefits whatsoever. It took a lot of prayers and networking before they got converted to other departments in the bank (not IT o)
calabaman:

^^

The bank Job has a nice title of "Regional IT Support" attached to it, which i feel would look good on his CV. I feel he should take it and continue job hunting whilst at it.

Its not like his prospects are any better in his current coy. However in Lagos, there are more career opportunities.

Ultimately i feel the decision is his to make however difficult it maybe

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Padipadi: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:

The job is in uyo... Any idea how much a self contain goes for in those parts so i can equally use same to advise him.
Go & take the Apa Ibom job.
There's no point doing a job one doesn't like.
You ll just be runmuing (squeezing face) any time you remember your position.
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Menzy86(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Ive bever been to Uyo but each time I visit Lagos and spend a few days or even hours, I return ill. I will take a job of 75k in lets say Kd than take a 100k job in lag contract or not! Stress is ALWAYS the first thn I consider when taking a job plus job satisfaction. I presently do a job I TOTALLY HATE and wld probably even leave it for nothing tangible if I reach breaking point.

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Kulas: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2016
OP, i dont think asking for opinion of people here is best for you because in the end you may be more confused on what to to.Simply analyse it yourself,pray over it and make a decission

1 Like

Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by ikemesit4477: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2016
calabaman:
Hello all.

#No insults please.
Lagos may be stressful, but there is nothing as good as having a permanent job, I will advice her to stick with the Lagos job!
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by nenergy(m): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2016
Going to Uyo is risky, but the rewards are great. Peace of mind, lower transport cost, ability to save more and time for business. My guys in Uyo earning 80k are buying cars in 8-12 months.

The Lagos job is secure, but spending 30k/month on transport and lunch, plus spending hours in traffic will make him stagnant financially for a long time.

For me, Uyo straight!!!!
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by bsideboii(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
BANK JOB NOT SAFE HIT LIKE IF U BELIEVE THAT
Fedgo?
Re: N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? by Eaugusta(f): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2016
The only problem here is that he doesn't like the Lagos job according to you; u really can not compare a contract job to a full time job.
Personally I think he should analyse it properly and follow his heart but me oh, I would prefer the full time job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / Customer Care Job Vacancy At UNC Enterprises / Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.