Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) (31450 Views)

Students Sitting On The Floor At Government School, Kaduna (photos) / SS2 Students Sitting On Bare Floor To Write Exams In Sokoto State (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Students Sitting On The Floor To Learn (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by tolumanzy: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2016
See How Students Learn In The North West Of Nigeria Kebbi State

Nigeria government should see this and try to reform the education system in the north west. The sit on the ground to learn no desk no class all rugged to study and you expect them to be future leaders future leaders don't learn like this!

I am a serving corper in Kebbi state YAURI this are some pictures of the little school I visited in Yauri on a CDs project I got to see this and I don't want to be the only person to see this...

Please let's make a change please nairaland share this... let's make a change they need help I am Adelusi tolulope Nicholas my state code is KB/16a/0043

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by AK6464(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2016
No wonder the low literacy rate, they have made education so unattractive

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2016
Smh.Despite all the money their elite embezzled yet their region remains poor and destitute.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by donasere(m): 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
I still salute these kids...

Reason being that they understand the conditions which they go through is unimportant as long as the objective is obtained.

We can wail all day long...the people who will embezzlement will embezzle....

But let's talk about education more... so maybe just maybe it would get better

Thank God the north are finally educating the girl child!

15 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by lirusehn(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
i tried talking to a JSS3 student the other day and she was like 'ba English'.
Awon olodo oshi

undecided undecided

23 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by veekid(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Buhari sef
OP Wait; which school you finished from?

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thought YAURI was ok?

Served in Kebbi too back then when I was serving, its mostly like this there, they know and they are ok with the status quo

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
This is a waste of money, Just send them out to the field with their cows.

4 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by gurunlocker: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
They don't value education much there, also served in the North so it's not new.... That's how they sit in Madrasa

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by ButterFrost212(f): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
It will definitely get better embarassed embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by UnknownT: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
Guy, i know you are trying to help but left for me i will advice you pull down your name and state code. Cos when the chips are down, NYSC may deny and blame you. This country is a joke

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by lonelydora: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
I did my service in a JSS in a village called Karaye in Maiyama LGA of Kebbi state.

The mathematics I teach JSS3 students goes thus:

1+ 1 = 2

3* 2 = 6

They will be asking me what is the meaning of "plus" and *. But they had good learning materials like desk, exercise and textbooks, etc.

14 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by slawomir: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
pathetic! the ones worse than this is abundant in nigeria
like I will always say 9ja is like a carcass awaiting decompisition.
revolution and uprising is the only solution but that is not going to happen in Nigeria. so which means Na one chance we enter for this nation. who get opportunity make him move go abroad

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Martinola(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
subuhanalahh....
Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Turks: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wow. The only way to know you're in Nigeria. cry

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
In 2016

2 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Chocogold: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
They are the leaders of tomorrow...lol.crazy government....suffering the innocent citizens unnecessarily

2 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by basingstoke: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
And these are the people blaming Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Ezedon(m): 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
But the President and the African Richest Man are from the same North

15 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by rawpadgin(m): 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
what's up with all these covering of face like masquerade

2 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by InfinixMine: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
Learning should be fun not the opposite...

1 Like

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by izzou(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
I served in kebbi state during my days

The hilarious part of the whole thing is that despite their illiteracy level, they have secured jobs in the government than most of us

I had a student back then in service. He was in the payroll of the ministry of finance while in secondary school.

11 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by sbashir10(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
kudos,i salute your courage, i think the only way we can develop in this country is to develop educationally, which in turns brings about physical and other development.
i cannot argue that the north attitude to education is parochial which must be tackled urgently.
I believe the governor of kebbi state to be a good man and I'm sure he will see to this.
more grease to your elbow bro, with people like you, [courageous ] things will be well

2 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by chiefololade: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
UnknownT:
Guy, i know you are trying to help but left for me i will advice you pull down your name and state code. Cos when the chips are down, NYSC may deny and blame you. This country is a joke

Especially his state code.. It's unethical

4 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
And they have the highest looters in this nation's history...
SHM

4 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by africanusvu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
We should be thanking their Allah they agreed to learn at all.where they stay to learn is a no issue
Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Dey dnt value education at al in d North. even those that are in prvate schools.
Am still serving dia, i pray that d service year ends sharply..
Those useless students are only good at freshing up to school and sitting with their legs open in class..
mtcheeeewww!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Deicide: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
They have money for war but not for Education... If Nigeria gets in conflict with another country and War starts thats When you would know Nigeria has money. Trillions will just be poping out from no where

3 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by Kashii2: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Is this the change we voted for?
Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by NoWorries7(m): 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
lonelydora:
I did my service in a JSS in a village called Karaye in Maiyama LGA of Kebbi state.

The mathematics I teach JSS3 students goes thus:

1+ 1 = 2

3* 2 = 6

They will be asking me what is the meaning of "plus" and *. But they had good learning materials like desk, exercise and textbooks, etc.

Nna ehh... Northern Nigeria, is something else.

3 Likes

Re: Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) by nextprince: 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
lirusehn:
i tried talking to a JSS3 student the other day and she was like 'ba English'.

Now I know undecided undecided

Bro, I served in the East and I will tell u that many SS students can't speak English either.
Meanwhile, don't mistake pidgin for English. Pidgin is predominantly spoken in the East and as far as I'm concerned, it is vernacular just the way Hausa language is.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biography Of Jibrin Isah Diso, The First Blind Professor In Nigeria / See How Medical Students Write Exam In ABU / What Is The Latest News From Plateau State University, Bokkos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.