Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion (695 Views)

How To Say An Actual No To Sexual Immoralities / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by wiloy2k8(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2016
See what a Chinese lady had to say about Africans and religion

OAP Freeze put up one of his usual posts questioning the rational behind mega churches in a country that can barely provide basic amenities and this is what a Chinese lady had to say about it.

Chinese lady commented on my post about why Africa is so underdeveloped.
Nigeria has gone to China to start making church noise there! Why not Afghanistan, Syria or North Korea? If China had built churches instead of Factories, would we still want to go there to make 'church' noise? Little wonder why we are where we are today, sitting so deep in recession, with the financial forecast for 2017 looking bleak and blurry!
--------
South Korea got her independence in 1957, only 3years before Nigeria, and is a Buddhist Nation, yet the Hyundai factory is among the top 10 biggest factories in the entire world, despite being constantly under threat of attack from North Korea, they have grown immensely.
Nigeria, on the other hand, according to reports, has the largest Church auditorium in the world, belonging to Redeemed, and located somewhere in Ogun state.
-------
Let's learn from Jacob's story in the bible;
-------
Matthew 22:32 KJV
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
-------
Jacob was blessed by default because Abraham was his grandfather, he even went on to steal Esau's blessing from their father Isaac, yet despite all these blessings, while he was still alive, God revealed himself to a pagan pharaoh who worshiped the 'sun god' in a dream.
Despite Jacob's huge blessings, his children and their children went on to become slaves in Egypt. Listen Nigeria if you do not develop your blessings you will become SLAVES to those who do. That is why God's promise to Christians, that we will lend and never borrow, is not manifesting, despite the multitude of Churches, with as many as one on every street, we have become the 'king' of borrowers and are even borrowing from Buddhist, Hindu and Muslim nations.
-----
CHINA, GERMANY AND SOUTH KOREA DID NOT BECOME ECONOMIC GIANTS BY HAVING 2 REDEEMED BRANCHES ON THE SAME STREET, THEY BUILT FACTORIES NOT CHURCH AUDITORIUMS!
Prayer and Church and looking for miracles and blessings would not help us get out of recession, let's build Nigeria and make her great again, then God will crown our efforts with glory, in JESUS name, AMEN!

1 Like

Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by chukxie(m): 7:05am On Dec 20, 2016
She's right. If Africans especially black Africans spend a quarter of the time they spend in churches and mosques in making constructive economic decisions, and implementing them, Africa would've freed itself from poverty by now. Having been to South Korea, Japan, China etc, I can authoritatively tell you that religion is one of the problems of sub-sahara African countries. God's desire is for His children " to prosper and be in health..." But can we truly say we're prospering in Nigeria ? Is sub- sahara Africa prospering? Your answer is as good as mine. There's nothing wrong in going either to a church or mosque. There's also nothing wrong in praying and fasting. Where the problem lies is in us believing we can pray our way out of economic backwardness, poverty and abject deprivation - problems we caused with our own hands. Nigeria and indeed all sub-sahara African countries need to borrow a leaf from countries like China, South Korea and Japan on how they overcame poverty to become great and formidable nations. Until we do that, we would always be associated with everything negative about humanity.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by dorry62(f): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2016
Africa is underdeveloped not because of religion but because of our selfishness and wicked leaders and even sentiments.
Each time this topic comes up we see 'big big churches'.Is christianity the only religion in Africa?

4 Likes

Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by Kondomatic(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Most great people in Nigeria have religion but since you people see religion as our problem then it is just right that you show us exceptional things nigerians that do not have religion are doing.
That, in my opinion is the best way to entice us.

The problem with nigerians is greed, selfishness, and visionless, directionless, and clueless leaders not religion
Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by fromnigeria(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2016
When someone have spoken out of Ignorance, other Ignorant says she right.
Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by wiloy2k8(m): 7:32am On Dec 20, 2016
See The Stern Looking Security Men Guarding This Pastor. Photos

If pastors need this type of tough security men, what about God's protection for the common man. This tweet has gone viral since it was posted online yesterday. See peoples reaction to it.

http://www.digestng.com/2016/12/20/see-stern-looking-security-men-guarding-pastor-photos/

Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by randomperson: 7:43am On Dec 20, 2016
dorry62:
Africa is underdeveloped not because of religion but because of our selfishness and wicked leaders and even sentiments.
Each time this topic comes up we see 'big big churches'.Is christianity the only religion in Africa?
Africa is underdeveloped because of among other things, religion. Big, big churches are a big, big problem. If the amount made and used by churches is applied in private sectors of the economy alone, Nigeria will be a better place. But no, we are busy building the biggest auditoriums, the most magnificent pulpits, and buying the latest musical instruments
Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2016
SHOW ME A COUNTRY...

Show me a country that respects its Pastors, Imams, and Rabbis more than it respects its Farmers, Teachers, and Scientists, and I will show you a doomed country that will forever be the laughing stock of the world.

Tell me the name of the country that puts bible above brain, faith above facts, prayer above proof, churches over schools, rapture above reason, invisible gods over visible goodness, life after death above life before death, tithing above thinking.

Tell me the name of that country and I will tell you the name of a country whose children will grow up to be children---mental cripples.

Does that describe your country?

Credit:Joseph1013

4 Likes

Re: See What A Chinese Lady Had To Say About Africans And Religion by An2elect2(f): 8:03am On Dec 20, 2016
A man sat on a chair and left it strong as he saw it. Another came to sit on it with a rod so mighty for the chair to bear. And the chair cracked.

Who do we blame for the broken chair?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Stop Thinking About Sex? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/02/17 / Buhari Not Coming Back Any Time Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.