Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player (10675 Views)

Mourinho Blames Man Utd Players, Says They Were Diving & Forming Injuries / David Obiozo Accused Of Taking Bribe To Lose Match In Cup Final / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by robosky02(m): 9:20am On Dec 20, 2016
A former top Nigerian player who dumped his nation to play for little-known Haiti, says he does not regret the decision despite not reaching the peak of his career.

Emmanuel Sarki was a contemporary of John Obi Mikel in the Golden Eaglets team that featured in the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Finland.

While Mikel is on the verge of leading Nigeria to the 2018 World Cup having featured in the 2014 edition of the Mundial held in Brazil, Sarki, who at his peak was signed by Chelsea in 2006, has resigned to fate playing for little known, Haiti.

But the 28-year-old remains adamant, saying he has no regrets dumping Nigeria for Haiti.

He revealed the real reason he abandoned Nigeria.

In an interview published in the Scottish Sun, Sarki said he decided to snub Nigeria and play international football for Haiti instead because he got sick of being asked to pay up to £1,000 to play for the Super Eagles.

“I was told to pay before I am called up, that was when I was playing in Israel. I won’t mention the name of the coach,” he said.

“It was Efe Ambrose who gave me the contact of the coach after telling him of my form. I put a call across to him, but he told me to speak with his assistant, who openly asked me for money.

“A lot of friends asked me to pay the money, but the sum they were quoting was way more than what I can afford. I couldn’t pay it and despite my fine form, I wasn’t contacted again.”

Sarki played for the Flying Eagles, the Nigeria U-20 and the U-23 team but he never fulfilled his dream with the Super Eagles.

He said it is a different ball game with the Haiti national team.

cc: lalasticlala

http://naijafootballplus.com/home/news/1974/Emmanuel-Sarki-Blasts-Nigerian-coaches-says-they-demand-bribe-to-feature-players

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/218455-ex-u17-star-played-alongside-mikel-no-regret-dumping-nigeria-haiti.html

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by mrsough(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2016
Haba na, your father land will always remain oh...
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by robosky02(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Emmanuel Sarki when he was playing for Nigeria and now Haiti

6 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Edwinmason(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2016
it is his decision and i respect it.....

12 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by robosky02(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2016
Edwinmason:
it is his decision and i respect it.....

yea but some coaches kill the game

why ask players to pay before they play?

11 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2016
angry
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by herzern(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2016
cool
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by olaolulazio(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2016
I respect your decision bro..... Una no wan play for Naija cus of a reason or the other.

But you wanna be buried in Nigeria when the time comes.

Is the corntree a cemetery?
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by FcMilan: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2016
I once told a friend da d greatest mistake u will make as a nigerian is to serve NIGERIA

Nigeria will Neva appreciate u

I pity da young lady da was given 10k fr representing nigeria in FIFA world cup few months ago

if da lady had invested d time she spent on trainings in camp and other things

if she had spent da time selling common pure water she would hav made more Dan da 10k

D's country is HEARTLESS

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Theyveedo(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Bride or no bribe he wasn't really good enough for Nigeria.

All the best tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 20, 2016
He wasn't that good anyways

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by olaolulazio(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Theyveedo:
Bride or no bribe he wasn't really good enough for Nigeria.

All the best tho.
bribe

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Amabeast: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Na wao
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by capatainrambo: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2016
buhari Is as corrupt as the coach period

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by stano2(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2016
Wat a country
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Greenbullet(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2016
smeh ,even club football in Nigeria, you must grease palm self, I Dont blame foreign based players for declining Nigeria's call up because this country is all shades of messed up.That's why I love Germany ,they never run out of stars,as soon as khedira is 31,a young German is already there to take his place but in Nigeria you will see a 39 year old midfielder, abeg wetin him wan play?

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by segxes23(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Is there any aspect of the Nigerians state without corruption? Please don't mention church o
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by marshborn(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2016
It's not a new fact that nigerian coaches ask for bribes to feature players, even at grassroot level.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by bigerboy200: 11:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Emmanuel Sarki Snubbing Nigeria to play for Haiti who does that??..

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by nedu2000(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2016
We know it exists but if you can't mention the name of the coach then don't waste my time
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Remilekun101: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by maysimsimple(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2016
Yes all local coaches, one way or the other asked for bribe before inviting unknown foreign based players.. I know of one whom was invited to 2009 under 20 World Cup And askedvto pay 800k just for invitation to camping. Do d math who was d coach. So they all do it.
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by bqlekan(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2016
No lies.. lipsrsealed to survive as a footballer in this country, you need money, talent and luck.. If you are aspiring to be a professional football, make sure you have a job as a fall back option.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Silvereze(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2016
How this one take concern me.. I still dey find way to produce food for my country. please check my signature
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Vickiweezy(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2016
shocked Bribe ke?
God help Nigeria.
My fellow NLanders, Today is my Birthday cheesy .... show me some love. wink

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by femi4: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2016
Former top Nigeria player? Yet we don't know him here in Kano pillars

Even in Haiti, you had just 4 appearance since 2014
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by recievesense: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2016
who will I blame for this?
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Codes151(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2016
robosky02:

only in nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by psalmsjob: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2016
nedu2000:
We know it exists but if you can't mention the name of the coach then don't waste my time
And mine too! Not mentioning the name is a form of currption too. I hate that "name withheld" thing when reporting about a crime or criminal because to me thats aiding and abetting!

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by Edwinmason(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2016
robosky02:

corruption
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by dacovajnr: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2016
That's the truth...I remember When Me and few friends of mine reported to the U17 Camp @ Goal project Abuja as the Camp was thrown Open..Although Twas Our Club Coach who picked us and asked us to go after spending few weeks with them Coach Amuneke but one idiot Official from the glass house told us"Guys if you're to make the Team,You go pay 200k each" We left the camp the following day undecided
Re: Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player by ogbonti: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2016
if i was a footballer and snubbed by Nigeria, I will rather play for The Phillipines or Vietnam than Haiti.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Coach Paul Aigbogun List 21 Players For 2019 U-20 AFCON / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast. What Are Your Expectations? / Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.