Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media (15006 Views)

The Worst That Could Happen When Buying A Phone Or Laptop Online / Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen / Top 5 Interesting Apps To Download On Your New Android Smartphone In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Sanuzi(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2016
ok

Unexpected Reactions

When I quit I knew I might have to give the occasional explanation about why I wasn’t part of any social network. But I wasn’t prepared for the extremes of reactions that came my way from friends and strangers alike.

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

BBM: 7B663F3A

www.africanwebservice.com
admin@africanwebservice.com

An expert in
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce website Development (magento, opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
*An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by klassykute(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2016
is there leave me alone to die?
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by HARDEH4040: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2016
It will even help someone to have a good relationship wit God in term of prayer and meditating in his word.
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by d33types: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2016
azeecoboy:
just leave nairaland and off ur data for just 7 days..
and you'll be amazed with more productive things u are able to do..
and u'd be like so i can live without interne

That's true.

But op doesn't say leave internet.he said leave social media. Understand the difference .social media is a just a part of the internet

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by sekem: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2016
Dahlegend, so you mean all these positive things will happen to me if I should quit naira land? cry

I think seun must hear this good news right away!
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by mclorenzo(m): 8:04am On Dec 23, 2016
Spot on
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Orikinla(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Facebook Friends Are Almost Entirely Fake, Finds Study | The Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-friends-are-almost-entirely-fake-study-finds-a6826721.html

FACT: There Are No Real Friends on Social Media

Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by mikool007(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Elcapo:
And you'll be fucking bored
if ur always bored without social media then u hv'nt discovered urself
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Chapecoense(m): 8:14am On Dec 23, 2016
OP, this is so true... I got off whatsapp for a while, and i was amazed how my productivity increased.. U just keep chatting away time u would have used to do something better with ur life..
Stay off atleast any platform and see how ur productivity will improve.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by KalaniLoansNG: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Best nl post yet
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DavidEsq(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2016
OP, u forgot this one: u wee not burn soup again embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Elcapo(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2016
mikool007:
if ur always bored without social media then u hv'nt discovered urself
Believe me when you've got nothing to do presently..
Ur phone is your best Friend, esp internet
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Elxandre(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Nairaland inclusive?

Because I'm hardly active on any social network.
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by jerk: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2016
true
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Blogtrovert(f): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Absolutely true
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by FreeSpirited: 10:48am On Dec 23, 2016
You will read more books
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Very true... cool
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DahLegend: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
RT101:
Then there will be less people being laid.

grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DahLegend: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
DavidEsq:
OP, u forgot this one: u wee not burn soup again embarassed

Lol, 2go users. Take note!
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DahLegend: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2016
Internet you mean? Internet and social media aren't the same.
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DahLegend: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2016
Catalin:
The advantage far outweigh the disadvantage.

You stop keeping in touch with your friends and family far from you.

You become outdated cos you won't be able to know what is going on in your country and the world.

You look stu.pid during an argument as a result of you not entering social media.

Internet you mean? Internet and social media aren't the same.
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by mikool007(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Elcapo:

Believe me when you've got nothing to do presently..
Ur phone is your best Friend, esp internet
social media is what we are talking about in particular nt the internet
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by oluwadaemilola: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Op what about us that our livelihood depends on social media
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by DahLegend: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
Op
what about us that our livelihood depends on social media

I presume by 'livelihood' you mean source of income? If that's the case, That's a different ball game entirely. The likes of Linda Ikeji, Mark Zuckerberg our very own Seun of Nairaland are making it big time with social media.
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Well I agree to disagree
Re: 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media by FellaL: 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
DahLegend:
Social media has come to stay because it is fun and you can connect with people from different parts of the world. However, what we don’t realize is that social media is very addictive. You will be unaware of this except you take a break or quit social media to see the difference. In the interim, here are some of the interesting things that will happen to you when you eventually pull the plug on social media.

You will get more work done

When you don’t have to worry about your devices buzzing left and right, you will be very productive. This is because nothing is distracting you. This is why some offices block access to social during work hours. When we stop ourselves from checking social media, again and again, it really becomes another form of unnecessary multitasking.

You will get more sleep

Since our phones are always beside us, you are always tempted to check social media even though you are going to deny yourself sleep which you really need. So, it is definitely true that if you quit or leave temporarily, you will definitely get more sleep.

Face-to-face relationships will be strengthened

Sure, social media can be an excellent way to stay in touch with old friends or family. But because of this easy way to connect, many of us have stopped visiting friends and family. Jumia Travel adds that reducing your social media interactions will strengthen relationships.

You will feel less stressed

A major reason why many people are stressed when they forget their phone at home is because they won’t have access to social media. You will be calmer and focused if you decide to quit social media.

You know your real friends

Your virtual followers and friends on twitter, Instagram as well as Facebook are just numbers. Your relationship with them mostly likely will end on social media. Leaving social media will help you separate your friends from the crowd.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-interesting-things-happen-abandon-social-media/
I actually disagree to some extent social media can be educative it just depends on how you use it

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Useful Things To Do When You’ve Broken Your Phone / Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 / Convert Any Android Phone To Start Working As Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.