Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen (21150 Views)

NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline / The Worst That Could Happen When Buying A Phone Or Laptop Online / Help Me To Suggest Which Phone To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Olusharp(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Back in the days, before the advent of phone, some people will pick up a newspaper, novel, magazine and the likes when going to the toilet.

Why?

Most people claimed they take these reading materials to the toilet to read why doing the deal.

Some people have even claimed ‘the best place they can read and assimilate well’ is in the toilet while pooing.

Coming to the new age, where our phones have taken the place of our reading materials as their are now soft copies.

New age where we now have Social media sites, applications, games and wonderful selfie applications.

Many of us have become so addicted with our phones that we can’t let it out of our sights for some seconds.

Some people can’t stand few minutes in the bathroom while their phones are charging in the other room.

While people who were alive before the advent of phones took Newspaper to the toilet.

Most people of the new generation take their phones to the toilet with them.

Though, many people will claim they have never done such but majority must have indulge in this habit at one time or the other.

Whether you have or not, there are some dangers that come with it.

Below are some things that could happen if you take your phone with you to the toilet.

1. You could end up staying for hours in the toilet.

This is very possible, that urge that continues to come why reading a status on Facebook.

Checking feeds on Twitter and the likes.

All of these can keep one for long unnecessarily in the toilet.

2. Forgetting to Flush.

Some people who have been carried away while making use of their phones could end up forgetting to flush.

Having stayed long in the Toilet, they unconsciously stand up and leave.

3. You could contact germs.

The toilet is a place were we release body waste.

So, there is an high chance the phone will come in contact with germs.

Especially, if you forget to rinse your hand after doing the deal in the toilet.

4. It becomes difficult to stand after spending a long time in the toilet.

So, are you among those that visit the toilet with their phones?

Source: https://thrillngr.com/2018/04/10/taking-your-phone-to-the-toilet-what-could-happen/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
I was expecting a strong scientific research proves

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by YhungPablo(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
This articles cannot stop me from doing it.. It's tradition.. Just like cheating on my gf... It's tradition m I can't stop doing it.Thanks..

I think the person below me have something to say. smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Fortune1909(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2018
You will need a phone in the toilet because of this reasons: The flashlight, in case of danger...quickly make a call,etc.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by hazan041(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2018
cheesy

I once imagined assuming my phone fell in the zinc what'd I do?
My answer was...

Either new or old I'll dip my hand in it and pick it out...
Ion care

5 Likes

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Orpe7(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2018
A snake could crawl up ur toilet bowl and strike ur balls while ure with ur phone wasting time there grin

6 Likes

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by fakuta(f): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2018
YOLA IS HOT
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by slawomir: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
apart from toilet and bath room

a take my phone with me any where i go
I can't be in zone A and leave my phone in Zone B
phone is something we need to carry along
no one knows when an emergency call is coming because that is why it is called mobile phone for quick response

nothing is more annoying in life than when you calling some one and the person is not picking up just because he left the phone in zone C while the person is in zone D
or maybe he intentionally ignored the call or the phone is on silent
girls do that alot . placing phone on silent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
Nonsense!

Do you know how much knowledge I have gained on the toilet bowl with a book or phone in my hands? Of all your points, only #3 stands correct. Then again, you can contact germs just by shaking hands. Should we now stop that too?

OP, take your time o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Doctormarrvin: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
Your phone could fall inside toilet too. And adrenaline from the thought of losing that crush you've been stalking will make you plung your hand inside cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by alsudaes1(m): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
This reminds me of when I was serving, a corper went to the toilet with his phone in his 'jalamia' pocket, standing up from his squatting position, being a semi-pit toilet, what he heard was "tolom" . .. . phone gone down the pit

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by ottohan: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
The best place to chat on whatsapp is in the toilet
wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by psalmson001: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2018
Its called multitasking.......... Just as I'm doing now wink

3 Likes

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Replying from the toilet

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Disneylady(f): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Op, I so much enjoy using my phone while pooing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Babaalawo: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
You might flush it off when trying to throw the water from the bucket to flush.

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Whothecapfits: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
It's allowed but only in general toilet, so that ur neighbours can curse d he'll out of u.

Ode! is ur fone not safe in ur room?
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by deepwater(f): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Lol

That's my space.

Recall I finished the new school chemistry text by Osei Yaw ABABIO before my ss1 while doing the number 2

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by overhypedsteve(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
We have to conduct a research. We have to distribute questionnaires to a predetermined segment f the populace that engage in this unhealthy toilet habit and using their health history for the past few years we will be able to cross the dots and see how many of them have been sock with toilet diseases and so on.

When you are busy, occupied at work or busy reading for your final exams, stay calm we will handle your undergraduate research project, your Msc project, your PGD project and your PhD thesis. We will work with you through to the end to ensure that you end up with a
Plagiarism free, customs written and standard research project paper.

To place a direct order for a research visit
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Ekiseme(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Story
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Oozflame: 7:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Wow... really informative topic. Never heard about this before. Lesson learned. grin
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by frank417: 7:54am On Apr 11, 2018
The turnout: d phone go enta water, screen go bgin shake and the phone go dey control itself. then u go kari am go giv one frustrated self-acclaimed "engineer" wey go con use all sort of HOT mechanisms ontop, hot bulb o, hot plate, hot pen and even hot air from him mouth. At last the thing go work there and him go couple am giv u. 2moro the charging port go first spoil, then the screen light go off, then the radio go dey receive signal without earpiece, camera go dey take blue blue pictures and finally ur battery go swell up like pregnant lizard. That is the end

2 Likes

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by thunderbabs: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2018
No fit scare me... Germs is everywhere undecided
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by dtruth50: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2018
hmm i can't just imagine myself in toilet without phone. i will stop d poo to go n take d phone
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by fergieboy: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2018
Infinix hot 4 lite for quick sale
Price 25k..
Location lagos
Phone call/WhatsApp 07064255205

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Sgwin: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2018
As am writing this now am with my phone in � toilet now I can't stop the habit
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by karlnyeno: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2018
Right now I'm with my phone in the toilet
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Jh0wsef(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
I am even commenting with phone in the toilet. grin
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Hienzy(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
shocked snapping shot holes
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
grin
Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by stevodot22(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
A friend of mine can even take his phone to dream land when sleeping. This guy and his phone are inseparable just like 5and 6

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen by texazzpete(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Nigerian bloggers and fluff articles.

What next? “Top 10 things to put into Garri”?

I suppose it’s what is left to them when mining social media for topics like “Tuface replies comments on his Instagram feed” or “Hushpuppy spotted drinking water” stop bringing in clicks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Debuts Globally The World’s First Polychromatic Photoisomer Technology / Airtel Latest Free Browsing Cheats/tricks 2019 / Can A Hacked Facebook Account Be Recovered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.