Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market (909 Views)

Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by soldierkunle: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria will move to eliminate the foreign exchange black market in Africa’s biggest economy, the country’s finance minister said on Tuesday.
The naira trades, sometimes 40% below the official rates, against the dollar. Adeosun said the CBN has been mandated to scrap the damaging market.
The central bank (CBN) “has been directed to do this and CBN has promised to do something by putting a system in place to eliminate the black market because it’s damaging the economy”, Adeosun told a conference.
A CBN spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, said the central bank was working towards “ensuring that the forex market operates as effectively as we would envisage”.
He said the aim was to “ensure there is no black market” but did not give details of how this would be achieved.
Nigeria had pegged the naira to the dollar at 197-199 since March 2015 but the CBN scrapped the 16-month-old peg in June in favour of currency free float. But that has done little to change naira’s fortune. http://m.guardian.ng/news/cbn-to-eliminate-forex-black-market/
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Youngzedd(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Just observing shocked
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Grundig: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
You mean, you want to deny a vast majority of northerners their source of livelihood? Na this one go make buhari sack you
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
soldierkunle:
The Central Bank of Nigeria will move to eliminate the foreign exchange black market in Africa’s biggest economy, the country’s finance minister said on Tuesday.
The naira trades, sometimes 40% below the official rates, against the dollar. Adeosun said the CBN has been mandated to scrap the damaging market.
The central bank (CBN) “has been directed to do this and CBN has promised to do something by putting a system in place to eliminate the black market because it’s damaging the economy”, Adeosun told a conference.
A CBN spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, said the central bank was working towards “ensuring that the forex market operates as effectively as we would envisage”.
He said the aim was to “ensure there is no black market” but did not give details of how this would be achieved.
Nigeria had pegged the naira to the dollar at 197-199 since March 2015 but the CBN scrapped the 16-month-old peg in June in favour of currency free float. But that has done little to change naira’s fortune. http://m.guardian.ng/news/cbn-to-eliminate-forex-black-market/
If this will be the only thing this government will achieve in my favour, to right the wrongs of the past administrations by repudiation of BDCs, it will gladden my heart a great deal. It's high time they realised the fact that the black market was created by the elites to make more money, to frustrate our economy and the efforts of those in the importation business.
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by grandstar(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
awelekiti:
If this will be the only thing this government will achieve in my favour, to right the wrongs of the past administrations by repudiation of BDCs, it will gladden my heart a great deal. It's high time they realised the fact that the black market was created by the elites to make more money, to frustrate our economy and the efforts of those in the importation business.

Its anniying for someone to tell you 1 plus 1 is 4.

it is worse for someone to belirve it.

how can you brlieve this uneconomic nonsrnse

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by eezeribe(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
grandstar:

Its anniying for someone to tell you 1 plus 1 is 4.

it is worse for someone to belirve it.

how can you brlieve this uneconomic nonsrnse
Did I sound as if I believed it? Go and study English Grammar and dwell much on adverbial clause of condition, which usually starts wit the word 'if'
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Adesiji77: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Waiting to see how this will play out...

cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by modath(f): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Another trial & failure , error... We siddon dey look. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Sibrah: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Are the wailers on break?
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by grandstar(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
awelekiti:
Did I sound as if I believed it? Go and study English Grammar and dwell much on adverbial clause of condition, which usually starts wit the word 'if'

grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly, it was not meant as an insult bro

Wish you well
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by sakalisis(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by aleshsenior2000(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Another try and error method in place.
Re: CBN To Eliminate Forex Black Market by Chekitaut: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
Grundig:
You mean, you want to deny a vast majority of northerners their source of livelihood? Na this one go make buhari sack you
They should go back to farming.

(1) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme. / Distributors Wanted For Mendels (water-proof) Mattress Protector / I'm In Need Of A Us Bank Account or credit card For Wire Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.