Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

WARNING: River Niger Bridge In Danger Of Collapse This Christmas Season - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / WARNING: River Niger Bridge In Danger Of Collapse This Christmas Season (433 Views)

Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) / Charles Chukwukelue Ebele Drowns In River Niger, Gave Life Jacket To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WARNING: River Niger Bridge In Danger Of Collapse This Christmas Season by Chizgold: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Commuters who will be passing through the ever busy River Niger bridge this festive season will be doing so at great risk. Information reaching Ikenga Chronicles is that constant and severe vibrations have begun to rock the bridge especially when there are many vehicles on it.

According to a witness, who experienced yesterday’s incident,

“I wish to call the attention of the Federal Government, FERMA on the current state of the Niger bridge. As at 6:05pm today [December,20,2016], while I was held up in traffic on the Niger bridge. I noticed severe vibration from the bridge. I have traveled through that bridge for years but haven’t observed a vibration of this magnitude”

Meanwhile, people of the South-East have at various times called on the Buhari-led Federal Government to urgently do something as it concerns the completion of the second Niger Bridge, in order to forestall the tragedy that is lying in waiting at the current Niger bridge. So far, all such cries have fallen on deaf ears as the second Niger Bridge has remained at the same level that the administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan left it.

Many see the abandonement of the bridge as President Buhari’s payback to the region for not voting for him during the 2015 Presidential elections.

In the mean time,it is yet to be seen if the Federal Government will wait until the tragedy lying in waiting happens before it does something. A concerned citizen has warned that with the increase in severe vibrations on the bridge,the bridge is a death-trap this...
Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/warning-river-niger-bridge-in-danger-of-collapse-this-christmas-season/

(1) (Reply)

Get In Here I Need Ur Advice / London Chronicles (7): Of Lectures, Halloween & Belief Eras / Fear Grips Lagos Drivers, Conductors As Government Plans To Ban Danfo Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.