Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. (18883 Views)

Osanyinlusi Titilayo Mary: Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Daniel Nkemelu Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
I checked my result today and I saw a great final Cgpa of 3.41; which to me is still more preferable than having the almighty spill over.
My dilemma is that I felt cheated because I worked so hard in the course of my BSc program. I started with 3.75 & 3.58 in my first year, 3.87 and 3.05 in my second year. In my third year I made 3.0 but I had a carry over of a wizard 3unit load course ; even though I later wrote it and had "B" grade in my final year, I believed that is where my Cgpa slumped. My happiness is that, I attended most social events and gatherings in school, participated & won elections in my department, I also had social life abit but never had a relationship.
Should I attend the convocation?
CC: Lalasticlala , Myndd, Seun pls I need frontpage for this.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by dingbang(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pls stop lying, how many Fs did u get? angry

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
dingbang:
Pls stop lying, how many Fs did u get? angry
Why would I lie, I only had an F which I rewrote and bag a B grade in it...My final year is my best performance ever but don't know why I fell so low after everything.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Toniwirelex: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
some will start being at the top and end up being at the bottom while others is the other way.. you started well and ended well OP... kudos

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by lilmax(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
full blown crap.... you are lying
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Now that you are a graduate, will you do something with your life?

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
lilmax:
full blown crap.... you are lying
I'm lying? ok if u said so.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
LARRYDKING:
Now that you are a graduate, will you do something with your life?
I will by God's grace. Life will surely goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
FunnyDude:

I will by God's grace. Life will surely goes on.

It's a terrible one especially when u started with a good result. Life goes on. BTW, which sch and what course?

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
LARRYDKING:

It's a terrible one especially when u started with a good result. Life goes on. BTW, which sch and what course?
UNN
Statistics

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by mhiztaNexy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
a graduate taking his time to type this for what?

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
FunnyDude:

UNN
Statistics

Failing a 3 units can ruin even a first class niqqa. Be courage and gun for the best in life. Master straight to cover it up. Mind you, UNIOSUN VC finished with a 2 2 so be strong.

5 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Horspiroll007(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bros. Jes move on wit ur life. Ur grade doesn't define who u r gonna b. It's wat u have upstairs and wat problem u can solve wit ur brain. Tho it may b difficult to get employment into some companies that take in minimum of 2/1... Jes Kip ur head straight.. I'm currently in ur shoes... 3.29 at the end of 300 level... I ve 3 semesters + IT left.... I just hope I make 2/1 at the end of the program ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by kinngie(m): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2016
Your own beta naa
My friend na 3.49
UNN no go kill pesin

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by BiafranBushBoy: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Mtcheeewwww... They won't read and come here to wail!!! angry

Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
I had a 4.49 CGPA which is more painful. No don't attend your once in a lifetime convocation.

5 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by 1zynnvn(m): 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
FunnyDude:
I checked my result today and I saw a great final Cgpa of 3.41; which to me is still more preferable than having the almighty spill over.
My dilemma is that I felt cheated because I worked so hard in the course of my BSc program. I started with 3.75 & 3.58 in my first year, 3.87 and 3.05 in my second year. In my third year I made 3.0 but I had a carry over of a wizard 3unit load course ; even though I later wrote it and had "B" grade in my final year, I believed that is where my Cgpa slumped. My happiness is that, I attended most social events and gatherings in school, participated & won elections in my department, I also had social life abit but never had a relationship.

Bro forget about this result and look at a bright future ahead of you, I made a narrow escape 3.51 but right now Im not bothered about looking for a job, I found a business opportunity and moved in line, all these school degrees don't really matter, what matters is what you have in your head, I still believe in small startups, its well with you bro

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bitchvibe:
I had a 4.49 CGPA which is more painful. No don't attend your once in a lifetime convocation.
I think you had a poor relationship with you course adviser or maybe he was jus strict. My course adviser was ready to die for people who have a chance of moving from a class to another. He changed various C's into A's for people on 3.49 to enter 3.5...same with the first classes too.

13 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dayurm!!!
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by davbravo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bitchvibe:
shocked..this is very painful.... after all the effort

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by phrezzz: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
FunnyDude:

UNN
Statistics
bro cheer up people who had pass nkor... abeg that stat department wey dey tidy guys...i will still tur up at ekpo hall or PAA. its the mindset. CGPA doesnt determine your future mehn...

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by MrHighSea: 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Horspiroll007:
Bros. Jes move on wit ur life. Ur grade doesn't define who u r gonna b. It's wat u have upstairs and wat problem u can solve wit ur brain. Tho it may b difficult to get employment into some companies that take in minimum of 2/1... Jes Kip ur head straight.. I'm currently in ur shoes... 3.29 at the end of 300 level... I ve 3 semesters + IT left.... I just hope I make 2/1 at the end of the program ...
U must b in engineering. started with 3.2 sth, fetch cgpa of 2.9 sth in 200l. Never had a cgpa of 3.50 except in 500L. Bt graduated with 3.58. Till today I RESPECT BABA. That 0.9 takes me places guy. I value my degree cert, no expo, no much socials, no gurl. My ss2 3rd term get my respect too. The school was fail math/eng or any 5 subjects, u go. WAT I MEAN IS U CAN MAKE IT. Cgpa of >3..5 is achievable.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by fratermathy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
My piece of advice is simple : go for a Masters programme immediately after service and this result won't matter anymore.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 1:26am On Dec 22, 2016
fratermathy:
My piece of advice is simple : go for a Masters programme immediately after service and this result won't matter anymore.
Thanks so much. I will consider it .
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 1:29am On Dec 22, 2016
1zynnvn:

Bro forget about this result and look at a bright future ahead of you, I made a narrow escape 3.51 but right now Im not bothered about looking for a job, I found a business opportunity and moved in line, all these school degrees don't really matter, what matters is what you have in your head, I still believe in small startups, its well with you bro
U said well brother, Thanks.
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 1:30am On Dec 22, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:
Mtcheeewwww... They won't read and come here to wail!!! angry

Nonsense!!
Are u for real? Who you Epp!
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 1:31am On Dec 22, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Failing a 3 units can ruin even a first class niqqa. Be courage and gun for the best in life. Master straight to cover it up. Mind you, UNIOSUN VC finished with a 2 2 so be strong.
Thanks!!
Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by FunnyDude(m): 1:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Bitchvibe:
Hmmmnn..This one is strong!

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by BiafranBushBoy: 2:11am On Dec 22, 2016
FunnyDude:

Are u for real? Who you Epp!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

No vex!!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by BiafranBushBoy: 2:14am On Dec 22, 2016
Horspiroll007:

I was with 2.6 as at 200level... finished with a very high 2.1...

Smashed 2nd class in 300

first class in 400l

first class in 500l

How well can you read? Till date I don't sleep well at night!!

Only you can change your grades!!

BTW who university epp? grin

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 22, 2016
FunnyDude:
I also had similar final GPA as yours, mine was 3.43.. Of course it's painful considering how close it was and in your certificate they will only write your class of degree there, nobody cares about your GPA, it's damn Painful but I moved on.. If you're in a technical field, you can obtain some certifications and get some skills to boost your chances, also a lot of companies in naija still invite a 2:2 for job test/ interview, I had many of those back then, even if I couldn't get a job.. Also if you're considering a graduate school for your masters, you still have a very good chance, in the U.S nothing like 2:1 or 2:2, they consider your main GPA and most schools require at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, with your naija GPA, your GPA on 4.0 scale would be around 3.1, I'm sure about that, mine was 3.16/4 when converted to the 4.0 scale. With that and getting good scores in a standardized tests like GRE, you could get full funding(scholarship) for your graduate school, and yeah I did got one which covers all my tuition with stipend.
So don't think all hope is lost.
And yeah I didn't attend my convocation also coz I wasn't happy then. You can attend though, it doesn't make any difference. Good luck buddy!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. by nairaman66(m): 3:45am On Dec 22, 2016
yemimajid:
I think you had a poor relationship with you course adviser or maybe he was jus strict. My course adviser was ready to die for people who have a chance of moving from a class to another. He changed various C's into A's for people on 3.49 to enter 3.5...same with the first classes too.

Your course advisor is an angel!! Give thanks to him every day of your life!! Most course advisor would rather you fall short and spill over than helping you make good grades!

Kudos to your advisor and may God almighty continue to bless him where he is Amen!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Snubs FG No Work No Pay Threat / We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana / 2012/2013 WAEC RESULT Statistics(mass Failure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.