Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? (1615 Views)

How To Fix The So-called Data Zapping In Your Android Phone / Android Nougat Users, how have you been coping with its data zapping rate? / Android Vs Iphone Data Zapping!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Nbote(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
Is it jus me or has anyone noticed how fast data runs out these days? Ever since the failed data price increase, I've noticed d volume of data I consume have gone up compared to before even though it's still d same basic apps and nothing new and extra. I'm not going to mention names as I jus want to know if anyone else has noticed same with their networks and data

3 Likes

Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Nbote:
Is it jus me or has anyone noticed how fast data runs out these days? Ever since the failed data price increase, I've noticed d volume of data I consume have gone up compared to before even though it's still d same basic apps and nothing new and extra. I'm not going to mention names as I jus want to know if anyone else has noticed same with their networks and data
I did airtel N1000 for 1.5gb last niqht, its just 100mb left, i didnt download, was just editing a website al thru

2 Likes

Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by donhils: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
kvngjesse:

I did airtel N1000 for 1.5gb last niqht, its just 100mb left, i didnt download, was just editing a website al thru
You must look for what's eating up your data. The same 1k for 1.5GB data is what I've been using since Dec 1 and I still have 160mb left now. I use it everyday for browsing, chatting and lil bit Facebook and Twitter. No downloads except for few mp3 songs.And the consumption tallies very well with the data counter in my phone.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
donhils:

You must look for what's eating up your data. The same 1k for 1.5GB data is what I've been using since Dec 1 and I still have 160mb left now. I use it everyday for browsing, chatting and lil bit Facebook and Twitter. No downloads except for few mp3 songs.And the consumption tallies very well with the data counter in my phone.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
donhils:

As at last week i spent 12gb with my system, airtel double data- 6gb didnt even last two days i just discovered its actually 3gb, i subbed 3gb it lasted two days and d last tym i sub i discovered dat my system was automatically updating to windows 10 pro, i searched on how to stop it and i did, now i dont knw wats stil sucking d data!
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Comanche(f): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Very true.I subbed one gig yesterday,I only went on nairaland and got whatsapp messages and I found 880 mb today.I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Comanche:
Very true.I subbed one gig yesterday,I only went on nairaland and got whatsapp messages and I found 880 mb today.I don't understand.
Now i knw am nt d only one experiencing this "220 mb gone"..
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by donhils: 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
kvngjesse:

As at last week i spent 12gb with my system, airtel double data- 6gb didnt even last two days i just discovered its actually 3gb, i subbed 3gb it lasted two days and d last tym i sub i discovered dat my system was automatically updating to windows 10 pro, i searched on how to stop it and i did, now i dont knw wats stil sucking d data!
That double data bla bla bla is also charged double. But u see their normal 1k for 1.5gb and 2k for 3.5gb, those ones are charged normally.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Nbote(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2016
My etisalat data drains like crazy these days... I jus want to understand if na jus me...
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Salimmuhammad(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2016
The best to me i'll say is Glo ive been using their N500 for 3gb week end plan and used it for two weekends before it finished and the normal N1k for 3gb last up to a week whether the ntwk fast or not it still last longer compared to the etisalat or airtel data sub i normally do.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2016
eyaaa but you can get 1gb @500 naira only MTN.contact 09064477424
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Elxandre(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2016
kvngjesse:

Windows 10 is demonic.
You must work carefully to find what's zapping your data, or else you go suffer.
There are some stuff you need to disable to stop the guzzling of data.

Airtel's Android plan stopped zapping like 2 months ago.
Using the 2k5 for 5gb, and it has not zapped.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by winningbt: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
I was about to create a thread for this not until I found your thread,I subscribe for 1.5gb two days ago now I have 76mb left same thing happened last week used 1.5gb for 5days and the surprising thing is I had a fault ba3 all through yesterday please help
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
Elxandre:

Windows 10 is demonic.
You must work carefully to find what's zapping your data, or else you go suffer.

I just bought the pc last month and it came with windows 10 it was trying to upgrade to 10 pro. i managed to disable that one. now i dont knw wtf is happening, i'm scared of browsing with it
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
Elxandre:

Windows 10 is demonic.

Are u using it for your system or phn?
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
winningbt:
I was about to create a thread for this not until I found your thread,I subscribe for 1.5gb two days ago now I have 76mb left same thing happened last week used 1.5gb for 5days and the surprising thing is I had a fault ba3 all through yesterday please help
Very funny.. my own story is worse
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Elxandre(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
kvngjesse:

Are u using it for your system or phn?
PC Windows 7, and my phone too.

My brother uses Windows 10, and I'm aware of how his data got burnt everytime till he cured it.

Google your problem, and look around the settings too.
Disable those Cortana, live tiles etc.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by kvngjesse(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
Elxandre:
PC Windows 7, and my phone too.

My brother uses Windows 10, and I'm aware of how his data got burnt everytime till he cured it.

Google your problem, and look around the settings too.
Disable those Cortana, live tiles etc.
Okay, thanks man.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by charlesm91(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
kvngjesse:

I just bought the pc last month and it came with windows 10 it was trying to upgrade to 10 pro. i managed to disable that one. now i dont knw wtf is happening, i'm scared of browsing with it
set your internet connection to metered in the network settings of your pc.. That way it'll regulate house it zaps data, and no more os background updates unless you manually download it.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by austinereds(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
bros just buy a Glo sim and subscribe on there Data plan don't follow awon oniranu networks.
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Nbote(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
winningbt:
kvngjesse:

Very funny.. my own story is worse

Funny thing is I'm not doing anything different than I was doing before but yet d data is draining up faster than ever. I think it's peculiar to my etisalat and mtn so far.

1 Like

Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by ddjay: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
it seems like they have implemented the ncc wickedness by doubling the data usage while price is still dsame
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by GoodyOG: 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
when i was saying they implemented that data hike u guys thought i was jokin...
i just bought glo 1.6gb for #500 yesterday to just edit my blog...www.goodiestechs.tk
i even stoped all the background data processes in my PC and i just checked the amount imediatly i saw dis thread just to see 154mb..
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by oluwadaemilola: 9:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
wallahai
immediately i read this post
i checked my balance
ive 444 in exactly 23 hrs
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by Youngpo413: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
Not with glo
Re: DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days? by pr0blem: 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nbote:
me too it just zaps like anything it's actually alarming

(1) (Reply)

26 Best Android Phones For 2017 With Specifications, Features And All Countries / Problem:- Android Phone Is Showing Blank White Screen, Help / Full Spec & Price Of Ntel Nova Smartphone With 3.5-inch, 1GB, 4g/volte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.