Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season (1010 Views)

How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season / What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal This Jan 2018 / Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by tomayira(f): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2016
In Benin, people were not allowed to withdraw more than 10, 000 NGN in the ATM on Sunday. The maximum people were allowed to withdraw is 10, 000 NGN same ECO bank.

It âlso happened in GTBANK, delta state to be precise last week

At GTB Effurun Warri, you can only withdraw 10, 000 NGN only at ATM, no withdrawal above 100/150k at the counter my colleague faced that last week

The same thing at GTB before Palms lekki

*IN PORT HARCOURT TODAY*

Here's what happened in Eco bank, Port Harcourt branch..if
You want to withdraw 200k, they say No, you must withdraw 100k those withdrawing 100k, they gave them 50k, most funny part is, you can't withdraw above 200k.. When a staff was asked, they said, its festive period, if too much money is removed from the system, there will be no mney to run their affairs, they'll go bankrupt..

And I was shocked, even banks we see face to face are encountering what an online community as MMM is going through now and then people still go about saying all sorts about the scheme

*Where are the media houses, can't they broadcast this toooooo...*

GH IS HIGHER THAN PH EVEN IN THE BANKS...
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Zombies,Seun and NL mods won't see this
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by nnachukz(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2016
Has the bank crashed? Have the banks duped Nigerians? All these are just measures taken to safeguard the institutions.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by DEXTROVERT: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Banks Have Frozen Our UNgrowing Money

Lala And seun

1 Like

Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2016
I don't know if it's true. I used ATM in the days mentioned, both at GTB Warri and in Lagos and I had no issues.
In one of the Union Bank branches in Warri, a hand written notice pasted on the machine enjoined customers not to withdraw more than 10k at once. Bank officials informed that their machine was jamming because of the dirty notes. It was removed the next day.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by thesicilian: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2016
I don't even have money to withdraw from in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by psucc(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2016
I had an ugly experience yesterday at UBA, Ikot Ekpene in Akwa Ibom state.

Having waited for so long on ATM queue which ran out of cash, I decided to use the counter. Upon drawing a slip and present to the teller, he took the slip from me look at it and asked me to use the ATM as he cannot pay me. I was furious and refused to leave. About 3 others left having same story.

He later told me unless his superior signed the slip he can't do anything. So i approached the man and he yet referred me to another which I also approached. He signed the slip for me and I went back to the second fellow for payment.

He only looked at my face and gently asked 'are you a policeman?'

It is now difficult to get your own money. This is how Nigeria's cashless policy is operating.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by Aremu01(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Trouble...
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
Bad signals ..
The truth is most banks are now distressed.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
They are introducing partial freezing. And these are the people mocking MMM. Fact is that without lodgement from customers, these banks can't survive.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
I just experienced what the OP is saying at GTB. Banks have reduced the maximum amount of cash you can withdraw from an ATM to N10, 000 per transaction. You are still till charged N65 per transaction. However, the measure is limited to third party transactions.
Re: Banks Reduces Withdrawal This Season by millhouse: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
what a regime!

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Low Paying Ads From Adsense / The Benefits Of Insurance To Individuals And Organisations / I Bought 7up Soft Drink With Assorted Particles Inside The Bottle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.