Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa (927 Views)

Toke Makinwa Calls Out Bovi For Making Jokes About Her Fake Ass / Chioma Akpotha Jokes About Omoni Oboli's Photoshopped Hips / Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by MVLOX(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nigerian comedian and musical artiste Moye Idowu, aka Maleke, on Wednesday narrowly escaped being lynched by thugs said to be working under the instructions of the governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa.

Narrating the incident to SaharaReporters, a police officer who witnessed the show said that Maleke, who was hired to entertain the audience at the 2016 Ika Carnival in Agbor, headquarters of Ika South local government area of the state, made jokes on stage about the governor. "After thrilling the crowd first with some musical dance steps at the 2016 Ika Carnival, Maleke began to crack very expensive and mocking jokes on the state governor using some harsh words on Okowa,” the witness said. “After a time some thugs working with the governor, who is from Ika, made several attempts to stop Maleke but he continued.

At this stage their tempers started to rise.”
He said the thugs, after reinforcing by making calls to other members of their gangs, climbed up to the stage and gripped the comedian by the shirt. Apparently showing no fear, Maleke continued with his
performance, and perhaps out of annoyance, the police officer said, shouted, “Okowa is an idiot! Okowa is an idiot!” At that point, he said, his boss, CSP Akintude Oyeniran, the Divisional Police Officer of the Agbor police station, along with some of his colleagues, rushed to the stage and
whisked Maleke away. In his words, "Maleke was so lucky. If not for the swift intervention of my boss and some of my colleagues, Maleke would have been beaten to a state of coma. By now he would have been hospitalized because those thugs were
armed with some dangerous weapons
and you know their brother is the governor of the state as such they can do anything and go free."

When contacted, CSP Akintude Oyeniran confirmed the story saying that his swift intervention saved the life of the comedian.
"Yes, I saved his life just as you heard the story."

Source: saharareporters.com/2016/12/21/nigerian-comedian-escapes-lynching-thugs-over-jokes-about-governor-okowa

Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by HungerBAD: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
I do not support anything PDP.

But I doubt if Okowa is in the know about these thugs. I have met Okowa plenty of times even before he became a Governor ,and he is one of the most amiable persons I have met in my life.

I doubt if he is even aware of this.

Now,for the comedian to go to his Village to make a crude joke about him,and still escape some Kpakurukpa,shows the Agbor people to be lenient.

Go Oghara go joke about Ibori,and Oghara Youths go pursue you pass Nigeria enter Togo sef,until them catch you.

Or go Rivers go make Joke about Wike. I know for sure Wike boys like to remove people's head,and if it pleases them,return the head later to whom it may concern.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by dingbang(m): 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Why are comedians not making fun of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Beremx(f): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Delta state no be place to crack jokes. He's lucky no be warri e happen. Dem for use am do peppersoup. grin
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Maleke didn't act like a professional... Insulting okowa in agbor of all places in a carnival that okowa's consent was given before it held...
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Young03(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
waiting for him to come back to edo and make fun of his brothers
oshio and obaseki
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
I do not support anything PDP.

But I doubt if Okowa is in the know about these thugs. I have met Okowa plenty of times even before he became a Governor ,and he is one of the most amiable persons I have met in my life.

I doubt if he is even aware of this.

Now,for the comedian to go to his Village to make a crude joke about him,and still escape some Kpakurukpa,shows the Agbor people to be lenient.

Go Oghara go joke about Ibori,and Oghara Youths go pursue you pass Nigeria enter Togo sef,until them catch you.

Or go Rivers go make Joke about Wike. I know for sure Wike boys like to remove people's head,and if it pleases them,return the head later to whom it may concern.

you didn't respond to my mail
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by HungerBAD: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
coollabman:

you didn't respond to my mail

I apologize.

Will do that sometime after work this evening.
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

I apologize.
Will do that sometime after work this evening.
OK thanks
Re: Nigerian Comedian Escapes Lynching By Thugs Over Jokes About Governor Okowa by Smellymouth: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
“..After a time some thugs working with the governor, who is from Ika, made several attempts to stop Maleke but he continued..."

Dude must be high on Kwale weed..

(1) (Reply)

Jenifer Akindele, Having A Crazy Xmas Dance Competition With Family [pics Video] / Pretty Mike Attends Weddings With Chained Women[pics] / Read Annie Idibia’s Emotional Message To Her Husband, 2face Idibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.