Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign (31785 Views)

Charly Boy Drags Police To Court Over #ResumeOrResign Harassment; Seeks N500m / Aftermath Of Attack On Charly Boy & His Fellow Protesters At Wuse Market (Video) / "Because Of Donjazzy, I Killed A Girl In Wuse Market" - Woman Says On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Koncept(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
A popular musician, Charles Oputa, popularly called Charly Boy, who has been leading a campaign for the return or resignation of President Muhammadu Buhari, has been attacked.

Charly Boy was attacked in Wuse Market by angry protesters who are believed to be supporters of the president, witnesses told PREMIUM TIMES.

The musician and his fellow campaigners were last week attacked by security officials who dispersed them violently from the Unity fountain, also in Abuja.
“Charley Boy came to this market with some cameramen doing his protest here.

I was standing in front of my shop when I saw him running for his dear life, being chased by those youth,” a trader at the market said.
“They nearly lynched him, because those youth almost overpowered police security near him.”

The musician was rescued by security operatives who fired gunshots and tear-gas to disperse the crowd.
The security operatives later returned to remove Charly Boy’s vehicles from the market, using tear-gas to disperse the protesters who tried to stop them.

Wuse market ‎is Abuja’s largest and is dominated by northerners, many of them supporters of President Buhari.

The gates of the market were temporarily closed and manned by heavily armed security operatives after the incident.

“Charley Boy caused it, how can he come here to be talking against Buhari.

Those Hausa boys dealt with him,” a meat seller in the market who witnessed the incident said.
President Buhari has been in London on medical vacation for about 100 days.

Details later…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/240264-breaking-resumeorresign-charly-boy-escapes-lynching-in-abujas-wuse-market.html

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
*I laugh in home made Mexican coffee*

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Angelb4: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
He wanted to test his popularity. Why the market? Is Buhari Resigning and Resuming at the market place? Buhari the Activist, Buhari the Corruption fighter, Buhari the PDP headache....Buhari till 2023.

Nobody should insult me o, am not feeling fine o

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by TINALETC3(f): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, abeg where is d video grin

6 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by tolexy123: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
Good for him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by saintfaculty(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
angry
Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by hucienda: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
him mumu never do. undecided

he thinks he's in an ideal country where majority of the citizenry are rational.

No matter what, Buhari's brothers got his back - rather than the 'holier-than-thou' 'educated' fools down south. The earlier southerners wake up to this fact and begin to play politics the northern way - that is, till the inevitable happens to the country - the better for their lot.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by GeniePlanners(m): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by chynie: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
wey UN, AU, ECOWAS
they will not come nah
is when civil war start nah, they will start bringing relief and giving 1 side ammunition.

They should come naw as their puppet Bubu is misbehaving

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by lastmaster(m): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nigeria is an animal kingdom

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by fatymore(f): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
I swear these Hausa Fulani are malu.no brain at all..stupi.d mofos

18 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by midehi2(f): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by smogup: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin
The king of the north should stay in the north

I stand with charly boy.

Our.mumu..don..do

7 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by brandmix: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hehe
Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Thewrath(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Charley you see your life tongue

48 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by HughWilliams: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
His protest is uncalled for especially in a country where tribalism and religious sentiments is high. Where everybody is embracing protectionism. Protecting their own from criticism. It happened in Jonathan's tenure and it's happening now. It's more like only the president from my place is entitled to offer bad governance and impose hardship on us. He is even lucky, after allegations making round that he is being sponsored by PDP? But on another note, what will the benefit of the resumption of Buhari? This is just a wasted protest.

12 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by erico2k2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nah So dem go chase Ipob if them enter Bayelsa grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
What if is Ebele Jonathan that left Nigeria for 90 days, what do u think that would have happened? Think before u answer

15 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by anyebedgreat: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Badonasty(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by jejemanito: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
"Dear Charles Oputa,
Nigeria is an unloved space. A large patrimony for which stakeholders are willing to die only in its sharing, not in its preservation. No one is willing to die for a nation that has no soul or some abiding bigger philosophy. A nation in which the citizens feel no sense of ownership. You can only protect or fight for what is yours at least. Nigerian resources are not deemed personal and worthy of protection: they are deemed to belong to no one in principle, so whoever gets there first, like in the wild, cuts his own share and scampers into the wood to eat. The people who are willing to fight for the soul of the nation, the true patriots, are to face both the contempt and hate of the political elite, and the doubt and sneer of the masses. Nigeria is a huge, unloved country filled for the most part with pauperized strangers who are, each person, a self-funded tier of government unto themselves—left to survive and fend for self—and eat what they can kill.
Thank you." - Immanuel James Ibe-Anyanwu

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by slimmax: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin
Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Mac2016(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
...If it was against Jonathan, Protest would be sweeter in Wuse. Nigeria is not a country but a mere geographical expression.

7 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by MrPeterson(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Charley man right now

9 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by gbegudujo: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Southerner will never stand with their own this way.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by visijo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
His mumu don do

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by Jirate(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin
Charly Own regret is Going to Be different, as for me, if i were him, i will put Machinery in place to "Vote Out" these Useless Set of Idiots in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by pamcode(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Organising protests against someone in his own cabal. Charly weed don dey affect him brain.

10 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by ybalogs(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hin mumu don do nah.make e carry himself waka jooor

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Attacked, Escapes Lynching In Abuja’s Wuse Market At #ResumeOrResign by joshing(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
I was at the scene...mehn I just ran pass thier sharply. They kept stoning a taxi & his bike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wives Of Nigerian Comedians In A Group Picture / Uche Ogbodo & Her Baby Daddy, Bobby Maris In Loved Up Photos / Tonto Dikeh-Churchill's Husband's Baby Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.