Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,117 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Thank You Gazzuzz - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thank You Gazzuzz (3897 Views)

Calling Out Gazzuzz Respectfully.. / How Gazzuzz charged me / 2019 Prophesies On Cartalk Gazzuzz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Gazzuzz by autolearner: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Today makes it exactly a year that i had an overheating issue with my V4 2007 Camry.
I normally had checked all vitals a night before getting on the highway, did a double check of the water in the radiator same morning before cranking on the cold engine. Christmas chills in the air and i couldn't wait to enjoy a new mix i had just gotten fresh from the DJ who played at an Owambe i attended that same weekend. I was ready to take on the expressway and tear off the tracks with my 18" wheels grin grin.

Less than 1hr, 45mins into my trip, while speeding at about 130km on the Ile-ife, in Gbongan to be precise, i noticed a thick white smoke come out of the bonnet. Before i could scream J-E-S-U-S and park, the steering wheel went stiff on me. I simply just dragged and dragged on till i reached for help from a road side mechanic who helped to drag the car to his workshop some few meters ahead. Made a few calls and was told the engine and passed on into the afterlife of terrible Overheating. Poor me, i entirely forgot to check my temperature the entire time embarassed

2 nights passed in an unknown town, almost 100k spent on trying to get a new Gasket and all sorts, my ears filled with complaints of how crazy the 2AZ-FE engine was, how naive i was not to have filled the radiator with water before i traveled. Tears almost fell down my eyes.... a waiting boy and his mom hoping for me to get to back to Lagos on the 22nd as promised and have a Christmas blast. Alas, life had it own plans.

Guess roadside Kazeem's are the worst! After 2 nights of eating mai-shai(hausa's indomie, egg and tea), money thrown down the drain, bug-filled hotel, i summoned the courage to drag the lifeless cold vehicle down to Lagos with a towing van, it's entire engine laid out in the boot like a bowl of fresh meat, and dumped it at a mechanic close-by. Christmas plans went down the drain! I was just indoor and never saw the color of the sky till the 2nd of January '16. Through the year, i coped with no AC, loud sounds and vibrations from the Engine, engine smoking away 20w-50 total oil like it was weed and all sorts i have had to endure.

You literately could mix Akamu and milk by just pouring your milk on your Akamu in a bowl and placing it on the vehicle cry cry.
If only i had mustered the strength to change my engine before Change happened, but then work took me out of town for almost 6months.
Saved up spare cash and rang up Gazzuzz, about replacing the engine at all cost, the 0's i had come at me, sent shivers down my spine shocked shocked. With the wicked smile smacked across his face, baba, wouldn't even be moved by my pleas to reconsider and get a downward review on the cost of a solid engine and workmanship.

Thankfully, we reached a compromise, life had a good smile at me and last week Thursday, the vehicle was wheeled in into the bay....................Fast forward to yesterday, i kid you not, when the car was cleaned up and i drove out, i had never had any better drive on any other car before. The cold air from the AC slapping my face and my engine ready to Rev and blow out, i headed back to the office, packed my bags and headed straight for 3MB at around 11pm. Took my engine on a 140-160 (save minor alignment and balancing issues i have to sort out), i felt joy in my heart as i did a 3mins25secs on the bridge beating my personal best of 3:59 wink.

Not only is my car ALMOST silent..(like you would literally stand and hear nothing but the fan or the small leak from the exhaust), there are ZERO vibrations. I feel like moonwalking. Your competence is out of this world Gazzuzz. If only you could add Merc to your list of cars... so i can be guaranteed of not having to change my Technician as long as i live in Nigeria. Thank you for saving my troubles. Bae and Son can now sleep easy when they decide to drive with me in the car.

Daaalu!!!

I can close my eyes and recommend you to anyone( I have done and would still do)! I appreciate.

(PS: I'm yet to take any pictures since i got it out yesterday)

7 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by mammanbawa: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Oga Gazuzz. I salute cool. God bless
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
I'm glad to be of service @autolearner, I hope to see you next year so we can finish up the pending jobs.

P.S
you doing 160 on 3mb shocked Don't forget to do the comprehensive insurance.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by aieromon(m): 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
You forgot to include the most important lesson: Always keep your eyes on the temperature gauge during long distance trips.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2016
aieromon:
You forgot the include the most important lesson: always keep your eyes on the temperature gauge during long distance trips.

I still wonder why cars cannot be made to beep, when temp exceeds the half mark? Peugeot has a lot of warning sounds and displays, but when the electronics gets messed up, it will be warnings all thru the drive cheesy
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by mayor2013: 12:41am On Dec 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I still wonder why cars cannot be made to beep, when temp exceeds the half mark? Peugeot has a lot of warning sounds and displays, but when the electronics gets messed up, it will be warnings all thru the drive cheesy

Don't you want the manufacturers to make more money? The bmw has a warning beep when tempt exceeds half mark but not all bmw
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2016
An accomplished driver doesn't need bells and whistles.

Periodically scanning the gauges and mirrors should be a habit of any seasoned driver.

7 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Kjnwancaro: 2:17am On Dec 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Periodically scanning the gauges and mirrors should be a habit of any seasoned driver.

But the mobility technology is supposed to work for everyone, Some drivers are not experienced.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22am On Dec 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

uncle is back grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Kjnwancaro:

But the mobility technology is supposed to work for everyone, Some drivers are not experienced.

Well Herr Dokkter Gazzuzz, do stock up on head gaskets and associated sundries then. There's a killing (pun) to be made.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

uncle is back grin

I was never really gone, but just selective on posts and posters that I respond to.

Nairaland auto/properties has seemingly gone to the dawgs cry

7 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by fidtopade: 2:55am On Dec 23, 2016
autolearner:
Today makes it exactly a year that i had an overheating issue with my V4 2007 Camry.
I normally had checked all vitals a night before getting on the highway, did a double check of the water in the radiator same morning before cranking on the cold engine. Christmas chills in the air and i couldn't wait to enjoy a new mix i had just gotten fresh from the DJ who played at an Owambe i attended that same weekend. I was ready to take on the expressway and tear off the tracks with my 18" wheels grin grin.

Less than 1hr, 45mins into my trip, while speeding at about 130km on the Ile-ife, in Gbongan to be precise, i noticed a thick white smoke come out of the bonnet. Before i could scream J-E-S-U-S and park, the steering wheel went stiff on me. I simply just dragged and dragged on till i reached for help from a road side mechanic who helped to drag the car to his workshop some few meters ahead. Made a few calls and was told the engine and passed on into the afterlife of terrible Overheating. Poor me, i entirely forgot to check my temperature the entire time embarassed

2 nights passed in an unknown town, almost 100k spent on trying to get a new Gasket and all sorts, my ears filled with complaints of how crazy the 2AZ-FE engine was, how naive i was not to have filled the radiator with water before i traveled. Tears almost fell down my eyes.... a waiting boy and his mom hoping for me to get to back to Lagos on the 22nd as promised and have a Christmas blast. Alas, life had it own plans.

Guess roadside Kazeem's are the worst! After 2 nights of eating mai-shai(hausa's indomie, egg and tea), money thrown down the drain, bug-filled hotel, i summoned the courage to drag the lifeless cold vehicle down to Lagos with a towing van, it's entire engine laid out in the boot like a bowl of fresh meat, and dumped it at a mechanic close-by. Christmas plans went down the drain! I was just indoor and never saw the color of the sky till the 2nd of January '16. Through the year, i coped with no AC, loud sounds and vibrations from the Engine, engine smoking away 20w-50 total oil like it was weed and all sorts i have had to endure.

You literately could mix Akamu and milk by just pouring your milk on your Akamu in a bowl and placing it on the vehicle cry cry.
If only i had mustered the strength to change my engine before Change happened, but then work took me out of town for almost 6months.
Saved up spare cash and rang up Gazzuzz, about replacing the engine at all cost, the 0's i had come at me, sent shivers down my spine shocked shocked. With the wicked smile smacked across his face, baba, wouldn't even be moved by my pleas to reconsider and get a downward review on the cost of a solid engine and workmanship.

Thankfully, we reached a compromise, life had a good smile at me and last week Thursday, the vehicle was wheeled in into the bay....................Fast forward to yesterday, i kid you not, when the car was cleaned up and i drove out, i had never had any better drive on any other car before. The cold air from the AC slapping my face and my engine ready to Rev and blow out, i headed back to the office, packed my bags and headed straight for 3MB at around 11pm. Took my engine on a 140-160 (save minor alignment and balancing issues i have to sort out), i felt joy in my heart as i did a 3mins25secs on the bridge beating my personal best of 3:59 wink.

Not only is my car ALMOST silent..(like you would literally stand and hear nothing but the fan or the small leak from the exhaust), there are ZERO vibrations. I feel like moonwalking. Your competence is out of this world Gazzuzz. If only you could add Merc to your list of cars... so i can be guaranteed of not having to change my Technician as long as i live in Nigeria. Thank you for saving my troubles. Bae and Son can now sleep easy when they decide to drive with me in the car.

Daaalu!!!

I can close my eyes and recommend you to anyone( I have done and would still do)! I appreciate.

(PS: I'm yet to take any pictures since i got it out yesterday)
Please can you help us with idea of total cost of having the engine replaced? I am in same situation now but just scared of approaching the market and mechhanics.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by empron(m): 4:03am On Dec 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I was never really gone, but just selective on posts and posters that I respond to.

Nairaland auto/properties has seemingly gone to the dawgs cry
You are right bro.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by StarboyMichael(m): 6:45am On Dec 23, 2016
Op is a great writer. GAZZUZZ is a great engineer. I wish we have a someone close to your skills here
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by autolearner: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2016
fidtopade:
Please can you help us with idea of total cost of having the engine replaced? I am in same situation now but just scared of approaching the market and mechhanics.

The doctor himself is on this thread.
Ring him up!
He'll get you the best deal.

Heads up: baba doesn't do short-term fix!

GAZZUZZ:
I'm glad to be of service @autolearner, I hope to see you next year so we can finish up the pending jobs.

P.S
you doing 160 on 3mb shocked Don't forget to do the comprehensive insurance.

Definitely boss
We are green once the door to the bay opens. Let's get her cleaned & modded up 100%.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by autolearner: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2016
aieromon:
You forgot to include the most important lesson: Always keep your eyes on the temperature gauge during long distance trips.

Guess who can't take his eyes off the dashboard now. Right....that's me sir.

Warning sounds would have been great...let's hope future tech will embrace it wholly.

StarboyMichael:
Op is a great writer. GAZZUZZ is a great engineer. I wish we have a someone close to your skills here

Thanks sir and I very much agree with you on Gazzuzz's competence!
Best believe it's my current benchmark for automotive repairs till further notice.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by bong4(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
Awww Gazzuzz doesn't do Benz. Gazzuzz please recommend for us.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by lonelydude: 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
OGA GAZZUZZ.I hail o.

Meeting you was a high point for me this year. May God continually increase you in wisdom in solving problems and also expand you so that you can start fixing all brands of cars.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
lonelydude:
OGA GAZZUZZ.I hail o.

Meeting you was a high point for me this year. May God continually increase you in wisdom in solving problems and also expand you so that you can start fixing all brands of cars.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4188320_peepingtomlouisemorgan_jpegdcbd946b7ca56faaae4883cd11932dd8

my oga, twale sir! grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by MosesNG(m): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
fidtopade:
And u had to quote all the story...#sigh

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by MosesNG(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Gazzuzz doesn't do Germans and, oh... He hates Nissans too
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by 9icetoo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
MosesNG:
who doesn't hate Nissans? grin
MosesNG:
who doesn't hate Nissans?
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by tosin2013: 1:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Very funny thread. Op sorry but i just had to laugh cos the very same thing happened to my corolla on lag ibd express in 2013. Had to change the engine too embarassed

By the way, i just gave oga gazzuz wifey camry for engine change too. My wife always screams Gazzuz or nothing. Hehehe wink

4 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2016
tosin2013:
Very funny thread. Op sorry but i just had to laugh cos the very same thing happened to my corolla on lag ibd express in 2013. Had to change the engine too embarassed

By the way, i just gave oga gazzuz MY wifey camry for engine change too. My wife always screams Gazzuz or nothing. Hehehe wink
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by aieromon(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2016
tosin2013:

By the way, i just gave oga gazzuz wifey camry for engine change too. My wife always screams Gazzuz or nothing. Hehehe wink

How come you guys are replacing engines like burnt bulbs? I thought Toyota was the next best thing after sliced bread.

As for your wife,tell her to stop "screaming" another married man's name oh grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
aieromon:

How come you guys are replacing engines like burnt bulbs? I thought Toyota was the next best thing after sliced bread.

As for your wife,tell her to stop "screaming" another married man's name oh grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4577860_4571623lookingatugif219a54ccfac9d8844dc4040dcbecbdbd_gif48679deae37e50644603bf1e9a606d43

so you have join bad gang angry

7 Likes

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by eaglechild: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
9icetoo:
who doesn't hate Nissans? grin who doesn't hate Nissans?
They generally offer a better driving experience than Toyota appliance. They are less reliable though and are more allergic to road side intervention.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by tosin2013: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
aieromon:

Bros no be like that o. The corolla was an old relative's car whose engine was already suspect.

As for wifey's car, na this same nairaland i take buy am o. Fresh toks not up to four months, the engine started to behave one kain.
After assessment, oga gazzuz recommended engine swap

Most cars sold on nairaland and naija ehn! Na God go dey help us.
Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
For folks that are may not be inclined to watch gauges angry here's technology to assist you

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ it has programmable alarms for monitored sensors.

I use ScanGauge in my Cooper S, mine doesn't have alarms but reports on engine temperature which MINI doesn't provide angry

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by diportivo: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
9icetoo:

who doesn't hate Nissans? grin
who doesn't hate Nissans?

I don't undecided

1 Like

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
I love Nissans. Anyone that has these ugly specimens in their stash should consider letting me adopt them.

I'll take the ugly and unreliable bastards off of your hands grin

Re: Thank You Gazzuzz by honmusa(m): 5:43am On Dec 27, 2016
I use Nissan and love it .My Nissan never disappoint me as she always unleash the expected raw power and performance I always desire when I am on the driving wheel more than what I can get from any Toyota .I treat my Nissan well and she serve me faithfully in return .Treat your Nissan nice and it will serve you well. #Teamilovemynissan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diff. Btw. Toyota Camry 6 Cylinder & 4 Cylinder / Make Una Come Help Me Oooooo!!! Honda Element Or Kia Soul? / Genuine Air Flow Meter Part Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.