Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission (1095 Views)

Mmmnn / Those That Did Jamb C.O.C But Could Not Apply To Their New Institutions,come In! / When Will Jamb Release The Result Of Those That Did On Wednesday?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Gagaboy1212(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Fellow admission seekers,seeking admission to nigeria university and gaining the course you opted for is not easy,like the case of the girl with an high jamb score of 320 and a screening score of 75 which was denied admission.I also had an high score of 247,if am to talk it is not up to 320 but it is still an high score,if am to talk 2016 admission to nigeria federal university is a SCAM.In my own case i chose UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN AND I APPLIED FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE OF WHICH I DID NOT MEET THE CUT OFF POINT DUE TO THEIR UNFAVOURABLE POINT SYSTEM THAT COULD ONLY FAVOUR SOME FRESH SCHOOL LEAVERS WITH A AND BS IN THEIR RESULT.I HAD A SCREENING SCORE IF 55 OF WHICH IF POST UTME WAS CONDUCTED I WILL HAVE AN HIGHER SCORE BUT WHAT PAINED ME THE MOST WAS THAT UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN DID SOMETHING PARTIAL THIS YEAR THEY INFORMED CANDIDATE WHO DID NOT MEET THE CUT OFF OF THEIR CHOSEN DEPARTMENT TO DO CHANGE OF COURSE TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT BUT THEY DID NOT GIVE ADMISSION TO US,BUT WHAT IS BEEN PARTIAL IS THAT A FRIEND OF MINE THAT ALSO APPLIED FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE BUT DID NOT MEET THE CUT OFF AND HAD A SCORE OF 52 WAS GIVEN ADMISSION DUE TO THE FACT THAT HIS FATHER HAS A FRIEND IN THE ADMISSION OFFICE ANFLD THEY HELP HIM TO RUNS IT YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.IT PAINED ME ALOT AS I WAS NOT OFFERED ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY COS I ALMOST COMMIT SUICIDE BUT I THANK GOD HAVE BEEN GIVEN ADMISSION TO A POLYTHENIC.IF THIS COULD BE BROUGHT TO THE FRONT PAGE I WOULD BE GRATEFUL BECAUSE 2016 ADMISSION TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY IS A SCAM AM JUST WRITING THIS BECAUSE OF THE GIRL THAT HAD 320 AND WAS NOT GIVEN ADMISSION

2 Likes

Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Afolayan337(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
I had the same experience in 2014, When i choosed unilorin with a jamb and post jamb scores of 230 and 58 respectively,in which i choosed Accounting as my preferred course and was denied admission.I just believe God is in control.
Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Abcruz(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
Congrats... Learn never to look at the past but the future is what matters. You might have been denied admission into the university, but God has not denied you your future... Work hard in that poly and u'll definitely shine brighter than your peers.

Be reminded that ALBERT EINSTEIN (the renowned physicist) was a polytechnic graduate. But before and after his death, his name was immortalised in the heart of men and women, old and young, male and female.

Just trust in God, u'll definitely make it!

1 Like

Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Donpre(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
The suicide part got me... its really surprising how people contemplate suicide like its some trip to the village.

I also didn't make in this year, jamb score of 254 and I know people who got 259, 260 272, and we all intend to live and fight next year. I'm glad you intend to do that too.

Fact remains that our education system is seriously flawed, but the new jamb boss seems overzealous, and that could amount to drastic changes next year(I hope). Let's just get that girl's case all straightened out first, at least that could count as a win no matter how small
Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Abcruz(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
Donpre:
The suicide part got me... its really surprising how people contemplate suicide like its some trip to the village.

I also didn't make in this year, jamb score of 254 and I know people who got 259, 260 272, and we all intend to live and fight next year. I'm glad you intend to do that too.

Fact remains that our education system is seriously flawed, but the new jamb boss seems overzealous, and that could amount to drastic changes next year(I hope). Let's just get that girl's case all straightened out first, at least that could count as a win no matter how small
I'm impressed by your optimism... "It is not how far, but how well''. u'll get there soonest.
Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by Kendzyma(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Typing in caps makes your write up strenuous to read.
Re: My 2016 Admission Story For Those That Did Not Gaun Admission by iaamxavier(m): 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
same here bro I had 253 I was denied admission even with my agg of 72% very very painful im settling for a poly

(1) (Reply)

UNN Launches 'UNNSPACE'; An Institutional Repository. / I Didn't Use Phones, Other Gadgets - Enugu Girl Who Made 9 A's / 5 Reasons Why University Admission In 2017 Will Be Difficult.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.