Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? (2238 Views)

Why Are Husbands Aggressive To Their Wives When They Are Financially Unstable? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Are Husbands Contributing To Their Wives Stubbornness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by HerRoyalH(f): 4:04am On Jan 11, 2007
is it right for a husband to force his wife to engage in intimate activities if she doesn't feel like it at the time? sad (i don't want to use the "r" word for the sake of minors)
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by ikamefa(f): 4:06am On Jan 11, 2007
NO its not right!
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by Ndipe(m): 4:10am On Jan 11, 2007
Question, Question, which kin question be this? Obviously, the person posting this question would know that it is absolutely wrong!!!
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by okwanuzo3(f): 4:20am On Jan 11, 2007
no it ain't right, but some do. On CNN years back, there was a story bout a woman who's husband did that all the time, she had enough of it one day and she put an end to his reproductive days with a sharp knife, if you know what i mean
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by kiki(f): 4:24am On Jan 11, 2007
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by iice(f): 4:32am On Jan 11, 2007
If he doesnt want his family jewels laid bare and scattered on the floor, he better know when to do his ish
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by HerRoyalH(f): 4:34am On Jan 11, 2007
I have a friend who, whenever she's not in the mood, her husband insists, saying he's paid for it, so she doesn't have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by ZuluNation(m): 4:36am On Jan 11, 2007
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by iice(f): 4:38am On Jan 11, 2007
I don't believe that people don't have choices. People are either too weak to fight the system, or have no strength in their self. Well good for them, it's their lives.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by ZuluNation(m): 4:41am On Jan 11, 2007
HerRoyalH:

I have a friend who, whenever she's not in the mood, her husband insists, saying he's paid for it, so she doesn't have a choice.

How long does see not put up though, men have needs you know. Not that I will ever force myself on my woman.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by insika(f): 5:19am On Jan 11, 2007
smiley
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by naijacutee(f): 5:21am On Jan 11, 2007
This is one of the reasons I give for AIDS thriving so much in Africa. With a culture where a man "paid for it", and can therefore have "it" whenever he wishes (even though that girl selling purewater just gave him some. . .[AIDS included]). . .How is the woman empowered to refuse, even if she knows about his promiscuity?. .  When she will be deported straight back to the village if she makes "pim". Why won't we catch AIDS?

My answer is NO. Husbands should not even think of forcing themselves on their wives.

I love the castration idea by the way.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by hotangel2(f): 6:01am On Jan 11, 2007
No it's not ALLOWED, for a husband to force himself on his wife. It's called RAPE and Rape is not allowed. Not minding that he's married to her. Any man shouldn't force himself on a woman.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 11, 2007
yes
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by CrazyMan(m): 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2007
adeoba:

yes
Psycho
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by nikynike(f): 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2007
No it is not right. l think there should be feelings for each other before commencement of such.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by mamaput(f): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2007
iice:

I don't believe that people don't have choices. People are either too weak to fight the system, or have no strength in their self. Well good for them, it's their lives.
If you were living in Nigeria and your money was not enough to feed you,
What will you do.

If already your parents have killed your spirit and you were brought up to OBEY what will you do.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by iice(f): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2007
i do no believe that someone will bring you down and trample on you if you do not give them permission to do so.  I was born and raised in naija, with all its traditions and what not but i have always had my own mind even as a child, (like i said, some don't like to fight the system, its tiring and draining, not to mention the mental factor). Being married to someone is no justification for rape.  If a woman feels that it's a man's right to take his pleasure out of her without her say just because he paid for it in 'marriage' then by all means, if she likes it, can live with it, then its her own palava.  I am not such and he will pay should he attempt such with me.  In the end its a choice, personal or not, its a choice to live or not live with what is there or not.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by lysaa(f): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2007
no no no a thousand times no sir!!! women need to be respected, gone are the days when they were relegated to the background where she doesn't have a say. thank God for awareness, its a new age husy. Once again, NO SIR!
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by omogenaija(f): 1:38am On Jan 13, 2007
no its not right  angry
but women are suppose to please there husbands unless its the time of the month or we are sick
and we women should think about awon oboko oboko aye ( the husband takers) who will happlily please our husbands if we don't please them ourselves.  angry
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by mamaput(f): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2007
So as a woman i am not allowed to be "just not in the mood",.
In that case let him go and have his sex outside. That will not bother me.
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by ikamefa(f): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2007
omogenaija:

no its not right angry
but women are suppose to please there husbands unless its the time of the month or we are sick
and we women should think about awon[b] oboko oboko aye [/b] ( the husband takers) who will happlily please our husbands if we don't please them ourselves. angry

"obokobo aye"! " grin " l am ROFLMAO i have learnt another word today! cheesy
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by soulpatrol(f): 5:27am On Jan 15, 2007
see all these ignorant people o. shaking my head. whatever happened to husband and wife communicating and talking things through like civilized human beings? wouldn't it be easier to find out why she's not in the mood anyway as opposed to the man forcing himself on her? i cant imagine anyone doing that to me just because he "paid" for my brideprice or whatever. i'm sure any guy who loves his cajones wont try it. women are known to sometimes do ugly things if pushed. beware beware! muhahahahahahahaha   cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by Ndipe(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2007
According to I Corinthians 7: 4: "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body but the wife does".

The Holy Bible, does not approve of force, but states " Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer, and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control". (I Corinthians 7: 5)
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by okwanuzo3(f): 3:04am On Jan 16, 2007
@ ndipe, if the wife is extremely tired after a hard day's job or she's anxious or upset about something and is not just feeling him and would rather to left alone?
I think the husband should be understanding, even he will have days when he's not up to it
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by magneto(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2007
NO ITS NOT RIGHT!!
but thats no excuse for them wives who are always using the "not in the mood" thingy as a cheap ploy just to spite their husbands. rejection hurts a mans ego, but there are better ways of making him get the message without feeling rejected, than just mouthing a bland "i'm not in the mood". c'mon thats not being fair! a man has needs u know (even more than a woman, i daresay)
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by chidebe: 3:30am On Jan 17, 2007
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by wormedup(m): 10:31am On Jan 17, 2007
i'm trying to look at this neatly; from my own point of view smiley

i will get married to my lady because she can keep me.
majority of the job done in establishing a relationship was done by me and the majority of the job in keeping the relationship is the lady's part - division of labor smiley .
now i don't expect my to deprive me of copulation long enough for me to think about enforcement; she's practically sending me out.
even if she's working 18hrs a day, it's her duty to find a way of squeezing me into the remaining 6hrs each day !

i'm at work and all i can think about is to leave the whole stress her and go home to my wife, then she comes back with a lame excuse of being tired ? bunkum !
is she the only work woman, let alone, human being on planet earth ?

@ topic
it's not right.

but . . . .
should it get to this ? NO
would it be the man's fault if i did ? NO - ask those who've exchanged marital vows cool

cool
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by folkzy(f): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2007
nope, it's sexual abuse, any act that is forced is Abuse
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by soulpatrol(f): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2007
wow, some men really are uncivilized. how would you force yourself on another human being and then look her in the eye after you're done? una no get concience? must you "do" whenever you feel like it? haba! women are not possessions you know. you better recognize, fools!
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by wormedup(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2007
soulpatrol:

wow, some men really are uncivilized. how would you force yourself on another human being and then look her in the eye after you're done? una no get concience? must you "do" whenever you feel like it? haba! women are not possessions you know. you better recognize, fools!

whoever did that

the author was just asking, so far, it's just hypothesis/speculation/surmise/supposition !

na wa o ! u harsh !
Re: Are Husbands Allowed To Force Themselves On Their Wives? by venusmaze: 10:31am On Jan 23, 2007
It is not right, even common sense will tell you so

(1) (Reply)

Teacher Gives Student A Lapdance / Separation/custody Of Children / Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.