Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job (1433 Views)

5 Ways A Personal Website Can Enhance Your Job Search / 3 Ways Whistle Blowing Can Go Wrong! / 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by inspire700(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
What business has jobs with the current state of our minds? Well it has a lot to do with it. The level of your reasoning, determines what comes to you in this life. I can’t expect to win a gold medal when I always have the mindset that all athletic field events are useless. This is exactly how it is with all other disciplines of human lifestyle. In this post today, I will be pointing out few ways a dirty (negative) mindset denies an individual a job that should have been his/hers. Read on.

Human mindset is more like the way the eye is to our brains. What you see makes your brain think and come up with a thought. Same way, your ideology/mindset is the point of view that somehow rules your life in terms of decisions, communications, relationships, career and more. So let us see what happens when it’s negative from the job perspective.

1. It Makes You have less faith in your Application/Resume:
We are in an era where and when applying for jobs are very easy these days online. Folks from Nigeria are used to jobberman, efritin and the rest of them. But how is the mind behind the application and submission of CVs? Sometimes people claim to have faith but actually what they have is nothing compared to the real definition of faith/hope. See what happens here is this; People believe that there are no jobs but when they see an opening, they go for it. But the truth is, there are jobs all over the place but the question is, which one are you looking at?

A Graduate or non-graduate can still have something doing with his/her life. All it takes is a change of mindset towards jobs and the world at large. The TV, radios and newspapers will tell you that there are no jobs based on their calculations but actually those are just bookish analysis because there are jobs all over the place just that we all have failed to awaken them from their mummy graves all over the nations in the world. With all these news of “no jobs” your faith and mindset is tampered and shifted to fear so that even when you apply for a job, you don’t believe that you can get it despite the fact that you are qualified for it. Start thinking positive for it opens doors of positive results for you and always think outside the box.

2. It will make you lazy and skill-less:
The rising unemployment percentage calculations being aired on TVs, radios, and more have made some persons lazy to hunt for what they can actually do with their lives. The mindset has become so negative that it can’t even think of something to improvise on and make a living out of. When we talk about jobs, we don’t just limit ourselves to office white collar jobs alone. A business you founded or a mechanic repair unit you start up is your own job too which you created for yourself.

A negative mindset will weaken your morale from being able to think outside the box to come up with an idea of what to use your brains for. Some persons are good singers but they wouldn’t just volunteer to sing at shows in religious gatherings but instead remain in the audience when actually they can perform more excellently than most music artistes these days. Use what you have as a potential to make a living. You must not have an office to be called one who has a job. There are jobs right inside of you but the problem is that you are not looking at it or even trying to wake it up.

3. It Underestimates Your Potentials:
Some persons will be on Facebook, twitter, instagram seeing someone asking about who can offer a particular kind of service to get paid and wouldn’t give it a shot even when it is related to what they read/studied. You know why? The negative mindset wouldn’t allow him/her to remember that he/she can always take the job and learn quickly and secretly how to do it or offer it to someone with more experience and later share the money to be paid. This is the reason why your mindset and morale must be positive at all times cause it will make you a quick thinker. So why not decide to make a change on this day?

Seek for works you know you can do better at a cheaper rate for a start. If you can fix home electronics and more, you don’t need to have a license/workshop to start. You can visit households and render your service and get paid. Swallow your pride and start out little. You can also work under a friend for some time to raise some money to do something with your life. Never sit back and be left in the dark of joblessness. You are no different from people who are considered billionaires of this time. Always think outside the Box at all times. I have come to discover that I have passion for freelance writing so instread of wasting it, I decided to open a website to publish my contents and I also write for other websites to get paid. No potential is meant to be Inert.

This post was aimed at awakening the genius in you. You deserve better in life than being jobless for your talents/potential needs to be put to work. Don’t wait for the government to provide a job. Start by doing something that is less considered as a job and you will end up becoming a CEO of your own world.

SOURCE: http://www.gistpark.com/2016/12/3-ways-dirty-mindset-can-deny-you-job.html

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by BlackDBagba: 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
cool
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by maxwell767(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good one
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by sklateen(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
i was always having negative thought about, difficult it is to get job in nigerian, my brother i must confess withing this years i was actually in boundage because of my negative thought, not untill last year when i beging to have positive perception about job and life in general, within a space of few month i started getting job invitation from different organisation, untill i finally accept a job offer from a pension fund administrator, as i speak there is no any job i applied that i dont get the offer even in this harsh economic condition. the truth of the matter is positive attraction attract positive things around us
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by Nafizzey(m): 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nice write up, Yes true talk..
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by Donpizzle(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
#FACT
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by Nickymezor(f): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2016
So true
Re: 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job by Chuknovski(m): 7:58am On Feb 10, 2017
nice work OP,bless you

(1) (Reply)

Sales Officer Urgently Needed For Immediate Employment / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Urgent Interview Invitation Please Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.