Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,083 members, 7,845,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby (858 Views)

My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry / My Baby's Transformation... / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby by INFOTECH2: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
I have come across a cost effective way (with the help of my wife)to make food for my baby that would contain just enough nutrients for him. Imagine my baby with just two teeth, can finish a whole, red delicious looking apple. The way he relishes the apple meal, shows that he craves for it anytime he gets it. As it is, an apple a day for my baby keeps him healthy.

Well, you might want to know how I came across the apple meal. My wife and I went to buy bottle food for our son and we bought two flavors: apple and mango (I think).  He totally disliked it. I was shocked, his niece who is four years older, loved it. We bought different flavors for her and she totally devoured it. I was thinking it was the same with all children. Some of my friends who had kids before me also testified to the fact that their babies loved bottle food.

After the disappointment, we moved on. My wife now suggested to me that we could get an apple, boil  it, blend it into a pulp and feed it to my son. I was a bit skeptical but I gave it a try and it works. We bought the apple from the supermarket and I did the rest. I ensured everything from the pot to the blender, to the apple itself was clean.

Once all was set, I put the apple in the blender and voila, the apple meal was made. Feeding him was easy, He gulped every spoon like he didn’t mean it. No fuss, no tantrums. And the main thing was that he finished it all. To me. I prefer a whole apple to blended one but I was pleased with the way he took his apple meal.

How to prepare an apple a day meal

There are steps you need to follow. As simple as they are, you need to ensure that all is done properly to avoid any sort of food poisoning.

Get fresh, red apple from the supermarket
Boil the apple in clean water.
Prepare your blender for use  (washed and clean)
When apple is soft, take off the fire and dice quickly
Put diced apple into the blender, with small amount of water
Blend, Blend, Blend
When smooth puree is achieved, empty apple meal into a clean bowl
Serve at room temperature to your baby.

The steps above show the simplicity in achieving a wonderful meal for your baby. Though I haven’t tried it yet, you can also add some flavors such as bananas, boiled carrots etc to your apple meal to give your baby that wonderful taste combination. I have developed this process and I ensure he gets an apple a day.

If you have ever tried this for you baby or you are doing it for the first time, kindly leave your comments below on how your baby took to this meal.

http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/12/23/apple-a-day-baby/

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chai!

The things our parents give us ehn!

Imagine boiled apple (yuck) pureed (double yuck) and left to cool (triple yuck) cry

I remember mom soaking bread inside milk; blending ewedu and groundnuts on the advice of a pediatrician when I wouldn't eat (thank God I was told); blending bananas with pap (sounds yummy)

Anyways, all the best to first time baby grin
Re: How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby by INFOTECH2: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2016
bukatyne:
Chai!

The things our parents give us ehn!

Imagine boiled apple (yuck) pureed (double yuck) and left to cool (triple yuck) cry

I remember mom soaking bread inside milk; blending ewedu and groundnuts on the advice of a pediatrician when I wouldn't eat (thank God I was told); blending bananas with pap (sounds yummy)

Anyways, all the best to first time baby grin

Nice thoughts.

I have discovered that most parents have the best interests of their babies when we d these things.

Before I had my baby, I used to blend water melon and pineapple regularly but since my son was growing older, I wanted him to taste fruits by himself and not through his beloved breast milk.
Re: How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby by INFOTECH2: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2016
Another blog post

How Colic Affects Your Baby

Though my baby is 10 months old, I remember I have not written anything about colic  and how colic affects your baby. My baby sometimes had prolonged periods of crying during the day which we attributed to colic but we never really knew the effect of colic on my baby.

These crying spells often took place during the evenings just before he was  to be fed and it occurred during the first three weeks of birth and when he was three months old.

But how does colic affects your baby?
No one knows exactly what colic is or what causes it, but many doctors believe it’s a type of stomach ache that occurs in spasm and makes the baby draw up her legs in pain. The pattern of crying would indicate cramp-like pains, the baby is miserable and distressed, then calms down for a few minutes before starting to scream again. This may continue for several hours at a  time, which can become tiring and upsetting for both of you.

http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/12/27/colic-affects-your-baby/
Re: How To Prepare An Apple A Day For My Baby by INFOTECH2: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2017
Good day

I recently tried adding carrot(boiled) with the apple and it gave a new flavour.

He loved it. You can also try it

(1) (Reply)

Do I Have A Lookalike On Nairaland? / . / Home Care Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.