Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria (1962 Views)

Best Hosting Company For Bloggers / Whogohost.com VS Domainking.ng – Who Does It Better In Providing Web Hosting / How Reliable Is Domainking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 24, 2016
When Stanbic IBTC Bank suspended the usage of their Mastercard for dollar transaction at the end of October, it felt like the end of the world to me. With my International Passport -- which is the only ID I had recently expired, there was no chance of me opening an account with another bank anytime soon, and with tons of web design contracts sitting on my desk and needing urgent attention I realized I had to quickly find a local webhosting company and domain registrar that can offer me the same great value for money that I had been chasing abroad.
Well, I ended up getting more than that with Domainking.
The first domain I registered with domainking is a [dot]biz domain extension which I registered for a client in Abuja. While buying from abroad -- with Namecheap in particular, I had normally registered a [dot]biz domain for twelve dollars which is about five thousand naira. But with Domainking I paid only NGN2500, which is half of what I have been paying abroad. This single discovery that I can pay less for a domain with a local domain registrar sealed my love for Domainking.
Registrating other domain extensions with Domainking is cheaper than with any other registrar in the country. For instance, a [dot]ng domain extension goes for NGN9999 as against NGN12000 - NGN15000 in most registers; and a [dot]com domain goes for NGN4000 as against NGN4800 - NGN5200 in most registrars. This huge discount does not reduce the quality of services Domainking renders. All domains registered with them still come with FREE whois protection, easy-to-use DNS management panel, and two custom email addresses which are all of high values. So for those in the business of domain buying and selling who might need a custom email for communication with end-users, registering your domains with Domainking makes that easier and cheaper.
Starting from NGN93 per month, Domainking hosting plans are cheap, reliable and are designed to meet the needs of everybody: from the veteran blogger with huge traffic to the rookie who is just trying his hands out. All wordpress hosting plans come with a free domain. And with their latest SSD server technology and limited number of websites hosted on a single server, your blog is bound to become the fastest on the internet.
Domainking SSL plans are built to match your pockets and your needs. So whether you plan to activate paypal or other payments on your website or just want to assure your visitors that you've got their backs, Domainking has something for you. Plans start at NGN5000 per year, and guess what? Domainking will help you with the installation.
As I mentioned earlier, it was the problem of how to pay for my internet services that brought me to Domainking. If you are rocking with Domainking, you won't have to worry about what the CBN or the commercial banks does with dollar transaction as you can pay for a domain name or hosting plan simply by walking into your local bank branch or using your ATM while seated in the comfort of your balcony.
With all this information in hand, when I decided to try my hand in blogging last month, I was so sure of the hosting company to go with that I needed no further research. I now host with Domainking and the experience has been awesome. From the customer care reps courteously replying my rude messages to the guys at the support center attending to my problems even at the middle of the night, it has been a very wonderful experience. If I were to choose again I will still choose Domainking. And if I were to choose for you I will gladly choose Domainking knowing that you will come back to thank me later.
The #DomainkingNGRocks contest ends tomorrow. You still stand a chance of winning up to NGN250,000 if you purchase a hosting plan or register a domain name at http://clients.domainking.ng/?aff=851 to do that now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Hey, do they have plans for e-commerce?

Does any hosting company in Nigeria even have that?
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2016
Zamfaran:

Find out here http://clients.domainking.ng/?aff=851
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:39am On Dec 24, 2016
WillieJah:

Find out here http://clients.domainking.ng/?aff=851
Oga, take it easy with the affiliate link. The best way to be an affiliate is to try to attend to people's question concerning the company that you are promoting. We have already see your affiliate link in your OP. It's not everytime someone asks a question that you jump annd hurriedly post your link thereby looking desperate. The person that asked the question is more likely to patronize domainking through your link if you tend to his/her question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 24, 2016
Afam4eva:

Oga, take it easy with the affiliate link. The best way to be an affiliate is to try to attend to people's question concerning the company that you are promoting. We have already see your affiliate link in your OP. It's not everytime someone asks a question that you jump annd hurriedly post your link thereby looking desperate. The person that asked the question is more likely to patronize domainking through your link if you tend to his/her question.

Correction taken.
Thanks.
Anyway, are you hosting wiith Domainking yet?
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:56am On Dec 24, 2016
WillieJah:

Correction taken.
Thanks.
Anyway, are you hosting wiith Domainking yet?
Up until recently, i only host with foreign host. But i've had to buy hosting from some Nigerian hosts for some of my clients. But my experience has been with WhoGoHost (hosting) and Web4Africa (domains). I've actually come across DomainKing on several occasion and i when the need arises to host with a Nigerian host, i might give them a consideration.
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Afam4eva:

Up until recently, i only host with foreign host. But i've had to buy hosting from some Nigerian hosts for some of my clients. But my experience has been with WhoGoHost (hosting) and Web4Africa (domains). I've actually come across DomainKing on several occasion and i when the need arises to host with a Nigerian host, i might give them a consideration.
Okay Sir. They are definitely worth a try.
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Zamfaran:

Go to Shopify if you are looking for ecommerce hosting. Thank me later
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:40am On Dec 24, 2016
sakhalin:

Go to Shopify if you are looking for ecommerce hosting. Thank me later
He is looking for a hosting company that handles ecommerce site and not an ecommerce software.
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Afam4eva:

He is looking for a hosting company that handles ecommerce site and not an ecommerce software.
What's the difference between the two?
I mean, ecommerce site and software?
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Christmas offer from DomainkinG
Get NGN300 off when you register a domain name this Xmas
Use the code below.
Offer ends by 11:59PM on Xmas day

Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
24 hours Christmas offer from Domainking
30% off all hosting plans when you purchase using the code below this Christmas
offer ends by 11:59PM on Xmas day

Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2016
Last day of #DomainkingNGRocks contest. Get 30% off all hosting plans when you use the code WHCHRIST16 during checkout. Also get NGN300 off [dot]com and [dot]com[dot]ng domain registration by using the code DNCHRIST16 at checkout all at www.domainking.ng.
Offer lasts until 11:59pm today.
Another reason #DomainkingNGRocks
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
Few hours to the end of #DomainkingNGRocks contest. Get 30% off all hosting plans when you use the code WHCHRIST16 during checkout. Also get NGN300 off [dot]com domain registration by using the code DNCHRIST16 at checkout all at www.domainking.ng. Offer lasts until 11:59pm today. Another reason #DomainkingNGRocks
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by dexed(m): 3:00am On Jan 06, 2017
WillieJah:
Few hours to the end of #DomainkingNGRocks contest. Get 30% off all hosting plans when you use the code WHCHRIST16 during checkout. Also get NGN300 off [dot]com domain registration by using the code DNCHRIST16 at checkout all at www.domainking.ng. Offer lasts until 11:59pm today. Another reason #DomainkingNGRocks
Beware when registering your domain with domainking, I have used there service for some time and decided to transfer my domain to another registrar, first their privacy protection service didnt let me the confirmation email needed to confirm the transfer, after many hours of back and forth messaging with support, I was finally able to get the confirmation email, now they wont release the domain for transfer, they say I have to wait for 5-7 days before they approve the transfer, my website as been inaccessible for 2 whole days now. It didnt take 5 days when I was transferring my domain to them, I have pleaded and pleaded with support but they say theres nothing they can do.
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by DomainKingTeam: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
dexed:

Beware when registering your domain with domainking, I have used there service for some time and decided to transfer my domain to another registrar, first their privacy protection service didnt let me the confirmation email needed to confirm the transfer, after many hours of back and forth messaging with support, I was finally able to get the confirmation email, now they wont release the domain for transfer, they say I have to wait for 5-7 days before they approve the transfer, my website as been inaccessible for 2 whole days now. It didnt take 5 days when I was transferring my domain to them, I have pleaded and pleaded with support but they say theres nothing they can do.
Hi Dexed,
I am Karan from DomainKing.NG, I have read & understood your issue. I would like to clarify all your doubts that you may have regarding our service.

Kindly note that we give full control to all our customers & we never stop our customers from Transferring-out their domains. And we have assisted you in every way possible in transferring out your domain explaining everything to you at every point.

But since this 5-7 days transfer period is not in our control, I believe that you think that we are trying to prevent you from moving your domain away from us. But this is not the case as we have already explained to you in detail in all our replies to you in the support ticket ID: 236848.

Please refer to the policy 3.2 & 6.2 in the ICANN Transfer Policy here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Please see the screenshot for more clarity on the ICANN policy: https://snag.gy/vD0PfM.jpg

This transfer policy is universal & it even applies when you transfer your domains to us from another registrar. Please refer to the attached screenshot. The screenshot shows the timeline of domain transfers when you transferred your domains to us from another Registrar in past. You will find that all these domain had taken 5-7 days for the transfer to be completed.

If the manual transfer approval was possible then it would have been much easier for us to simply approve your Transfer-out Request than to exchange such messages with you in which you might believe that we are not trying to help you. But believe me that we have helped you in every way possible.

We have been very transparent about the whole process. But you appear to have made a perception that we are not allowing you to transfer your domain away. Please read all our replies and you will find that we have assisted you in every possible way.

According to the ICANN's Transfer Policy
Once transfer is approved by Old Registrant, New Registrant & Admin Contacts, transfer normally takes 5-7 days to complete as per ICANN Policies (as per these policies if the transfer request is validated by the Old Registrant, New Registrant & Admin Contact and no rejection/stop request is filed by losing registrar then transfer will go through in 5-7 days automatically by the Registry, during this time the domain status will be updated to pending transfer and no one can make changes to the domain).

For a domain transfer to initiate, you also need to make sure that you have approved the requests from gaining & losing registrars to initiate the process. This has to be done along with Registrant & Admin Contact Approvals. Once all of this is done, the transfer will take 5-7 days to complete.

All this is automated by the Registry. But Registrars have option to manually speed up this by sending EPP command to accept the transfer-out request. Most Big Registrars prefer to work using the 5 day process defined by ICANN (as this allows their clients to reject transfers in case of accidental transfers). So its not possible to manually approve the process as our ICANN Registrar doesn't allow this.

The ICANN Registrar (Public Domain Registry) that we use does not allow manual Transfer-out approval for a domain as they use ICANN's 5 days automatic transfer out policy. Most Big Registrars use the same policy.

It is always advisable to transfer or renew domains way before expiry date (i.e: 7-10 days minimum) to avoid any downtime or inconvenience.

We have explained every detail to you in our emails sent to you. You may refer to Ticket IDs: 134582, 933719 and the attached screenshot for more clarity.

Also it seems that you have a misunderstanding regarding our privacy protection service
. And I want to clarify the misunderstanding. Please note that the Privacy protection service is a service that we offer for free with every domain. Most Registrars change fees of upto $3-$10 for this service. You can check this with any popular Domain Registrar to verify.

Kindly also note that you have the choice and control to not add this free service to your domain when buying a new domain from us. And you can even disable this service any time. This service replaces your whois details with the Privacy Protected Whois to prevent you from receiving any spam & maintain your privacy. So it is a rule to disable privacy protection while transferring out your domain. This is a standard rule at every Registrar & any Gaining Registrar would guide you to disable it. We had disabled it for you as soon as we received a request from your end.

We sincerely appreciate any feedback (especially any negative feedback) that is posted about us as it is way to constructively improve our service. But I believe that your feedback is posted because of your misunderstanding on this issue & it is not a true refection of our service.

We sincerely care so much about our clients & we have always tried to help you & all our clients by going out of our way to help in all issues. You would also understand that any negative feedback can affect a business. I request you to please update your posts on Nairaland so that it would not mislead anyone to believe that we are not helpful to our clients which is completely opposite and can be verified by our existing clients.

I request you to please update the feedback that you have posted because of your misunderstanding of this issue.

I hope I have clarified all your doubts and I believe you will understand our efforts that we have put to help you in this issue.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further doubts.

Best Regards,
Karan
DomainKing.NG

Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by dexed(m): 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
I will wait for 5 days, I have never experienced anything like this. My domain going offline for 5 days is an event I will not forget. To anyone planning to use domainking or currently using them as their registrar, take note, if you ever decide to move your domain to another registrar, do it not less than 7 days before to avoid experiencing this 'bad' experience Im facing!
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by DomainKingTeam: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2017
dexed:
I will wait for 5 days, I have never experienced anything like this. My domain going offline for 5 days is an event I will not forget. To anyone planning to use domainking or currently using them as their registrar, take note, if you ever decide to move your domain to another registrar, do it not less than 7 days before to avoid experiencing this 'bad' experience Im facing!
Hi,
Please note that we totally understand your frustration at your website being down. But please understand that your domain has expired before it was transferred. That is why your website is not working. We have tried our complete best to explain the genuine reasons to you.

Please note that as explained to you that 5-7 days is the standard time for every domain transfer. It was the same when you had transferred your domain to us. Please refer to the screenshot in our reply to you in ticket: #236848 or in our last reply to you here on Nairaland.

It is the same period with almost any Registrars worldwide. You can contact any well known Registrar to verify this.

Almost all Registrars advice their Registrants to Renew or transfer their domain well before expiry to avoid any downtime or any such issue. So you need to understand that this policy is universal & applicable to every ICANN Registrar & not just us. The domain transfer to any different Registrar would take 5-7 days in most cases as this is a standard ICANN policy.

I hope I was able to clarify your doubts.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further queries or doubts.

Best Regards,
Rahul
DomainKing.NG Support
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by dexed(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Misunderstandings are bound to happen, good services offered are bound to have little deficiencies here and there. It at such times that a good business is confirmed.
The issue that happened with domainking is an example of these, losing traffic for 5 days is not a joke for any business on the internet but then I really commend the domainking support team for how they handled the support issue from their end. They kept their cool and responded on every platform I raised my complaint. Although they didnt actually resolve the issue I complained about but at least they kept in touch.
I have used their service for 3 years now and only this one time did we have any issue. One issue in 3 years of a relationship will get a good mark.
So the 5-7 days I had to wait for is almost completed, looking forward to my domain coming back online.
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by sesqopatray(m): 7:54am On Mar 03, 2017
Good day,
Please a good web designer is needed as mentor and some other jobs kindly mail seedomediahome@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Why Domainking Is The Best Hosting Company In Nigeria by coldsteam: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
dexed:
Misunderstandings are bound to happen, good services offered are bound to have little deficiencies here and there. It at such times that a good business is confirmed.
The issue that happened with domainking is an example of these, losing traffic for 5 days is not a joke for any business on the internet but then I really commend the domainking support team for how they handled the support issue from their end. They kept their cool and responded on every platform I raised my complaint. Although they didnt actually resolve the issue I complained about but at least they kept in touch.
I have used their service for 3 years now and only this one time did we have any issue. One issue in 3 years of a relationship will get a good mark.
So the 5-7 days I had to wait for is almost completed, looking forward to my domain coming back online.
Anybody that knows a thing or two about domains would simply laugh at your ignorance. You allowed your domain to expire before initiating the transfer and you're now blaming domain king for what was clearly an oversight on your part. I think i might try them if that's the only "issue" you had with them. Just quit whining.

(1) (Reply)

The wordpress website and blog designer. / Jumia Vs Jiji..model, How Do They Differ / Lease Help Me Review My Blog Before I Apply For Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.